Fitness coach shares secret recipe to give popular fast food item a healthy twist — “That looks incredible!”

It's been a while since we suggested a healthy recipe for you to try here at the SDC.

Rest assured that we won’t stop providing you with cheap and healthy meals that are sure to get the family licking their lips.. For example, we would like to share this amazing and healthy twist to a popular fast food item.

Melbourne fitness coach Bec Hardgrave, whose recipes we have reported on before and absolutely love, took to TikTok to reveal her secret recipe for creating a healthier version of Red Rooster's "Flayva Wrap" using low-calorie ingredients from Aldi.

uwJj8xUdyKZNTMeHt3itoqFgB-IxvLp1KkEz00SdqWGocPjboxqOg9l6WIPPYYK4GjInswo1IGk4oXqmug8D__DzLJL1EMozH3OXk0-v390oQtd9vfV3ZUq7HVI4qLD_OVdoI5E

Fitness coach Bec Hardgrave reveals her secret recipe for creating a healthier version of Red Rooster’s “Flayva Wrap”, which she calls “Fakeaway”. Credit: Instagram/@bechardgrave.

Calling her recipe "Fakeaway'", the fitness coach claimed that her version only contains 499 calories as opposed to the original Red Rooster wrap which has 700 calories.

So, how does Bec prepare this yummy, healthy meal?

Credit: TikTok/@bechardgrave

In her video, the fitness coach can be seen laying out a sourdough wrap before placing a couple of lettuce leaves and slices of tomato onto it.

Bec then sprinkles 25 grams of light Mozzarella cheese onto the veggies before adding some parsley, dill, and tarragon seafood sauce on top.

CvAQo8iYt_j5hQqarROIB69HtReaVH98xEpAVIj5dyTeIzr-7vq3D9lmrQR-qPl7goyabRcolXb31ZF7GUrEeoOpFDaehUMbj6KosbmjUfAxXGRiEiW6DsjoSPDdiiXMrb2v3B4
j6wyPnOCfeGFbrkoGXGtTl96JBk5SX7j6n3qsJzwfBvHFD1X_IeEB7NRY23YOBvbnFwqJ6n0UrpIYLMKaS4SZIKzQSm3p5kEtfivURDRcX4RxlaCzuvmmUvV-ltquACzMia10Y4

Bec said that her recipe only contains 499 calories as opposed to the original Red Rooster wrap which has 700 calories. Credit: Instagram/@bechardgrave.

For the protein, the fitness instructor cooks two 'Ingham's super crunch chicken tenders', noting that she cooks them according to instructions.

Although Bec says that she cooks all the ingredients to her "Fakeaway" in an air fryer, she suggests that you can cook your chicken however you like.

Once the chicken tenders are cooked, she places them directly onto the cheese and wraps it up.

TikTok users sang their praises for the recipe, with many saying that they will try the recipe themselves.

One person wrote: "Yum! I loved the Flayva wraps from Red Rooster, I will be trying this."

"Oh that looks incredible. Looks like I know what I'm having for dinner tonight," another said.

"That sauce looks amazing! I am sold, will be giving this a try," a third quipped.

Reactions: Ricci
Sponsored
I do the same with chicken schnitzels from woolies deli. I love wraps and have replaced almost all the bread in my life. My favourite at the moment is a couple of boiled eggs smashed with some mayo together with some lettuce, yum!

Reactions: Phyll