Find out why Aussies are calling this $10 Kmart camping item a ‘lifesaver’

Are you thinking of going on a summer holiday over the next few months? Whether you're going camping, boating, or just driving around with mates, having the correct items with you can make a big difference.

Recently, travellers have been raving about a $10 Kmart product, perfect for camping, road trips, and summer boating.

The 20L Solar Camp Shower is in high demand across Australia, as shoppers share how this gadget allows them to freshen up wherever their travels take them.

Designed for convenience, the shower bag comes equipped with a flexible hose, a tap to turn the water on and off, and a cord with a hook, making sure of an effortless setup.

A traveller named Amber Moran shared her experience in a video: ‘We had four nights of hot showers for two of us.’

Currently journeying around Australia, Amber showed a clip of herself enjoying a warm shower using the solar bag, conveniently attached to the roof of her 4WD.

5b6418bb821f2fc9b5d98c49d4a12f769afea34c.jpg
Travellers can't get enough of Kmart's $10 solar shower bag, ideal for the summer season. Image source: Social media (@amber.moran)

The product has received mostly positive reviews online.

One customer said, ‘This shower is a lifesaver when there are no public showers around or you just want a hot shower.’

Another observed, ‘These are also great for heating water for washing up. I like the plastic hanging support tube that will extend the life of this product, and being able to visually check the water level.’

A third user commented, ‘For what you pay for, they are actually excellent.’

Several echoed the sentiment, with one noting: ‘We ended up needing to buy more than one because we had a lot of people wanting to use it while we were out for the holidays. Worth the money.’

While one added, ‘This heats water well in the sun. Great item.’

Following this product's success, Kmart introduced another hit travel item– an $18 travel pillow.

43efcb4dad139dcf17e3eeaf425b68dbb1f7c81c.jpg
Travellers have discovered an $18 travel pillow from Kmart, ideal for restful journeys. Image source: Kmart

Although its unique design might appear ‘awkward’ to some, it found favour among travellers, especially for getting much-needed sleep on those often difficult long journeys.

Designed with air vents, the pillow allows users to lean forward, offering better support to the head and neck.

One shopper gave the pillow a five-star rating but jokingly said: ‘I am prepared to be laughed at’.

‘Yes it is awkward looking but actually, it’s really comfortable and perfect for long plane rides. Blows up very easily and is also easy to deflate. A little tough to get back into the carry bag is my only complaint.’

Another said she found the pillow ‘very comfy’.

‘While I did still get minimal sleep, I think that was more me rather than the pillow.’

‘So many different ways to sleep on it which I love and only takes a couple of breaths to inflate. Packs down probably smaller or similar to a basic travel pillow with the nice little bag.’

Lastly, a traveller highlighted its value on long flights, saying, ‘Purchased for a long flight. Very easy to inflate and deflate. Lightweight, folds flat. Used for part of the flight and was able to sleep.’
Key Takeaways

• A $10 product from Kmart, the 20L Solar Camp Shower, is being hailed as a 'lifesaver' by Australian travellers.
  • The portable shower, which is perfect for camping, road trips and boating, features a flexible hose, an on and off tap and a hanging cord with a hook making it easy to use anywhere.
  • Users of the product have left mostly positive reviews online, with some noting they have bought multiple due to its popularity during their travels.
  • This follows another popular Kmart travel item, the $18 inflatable front pillow, which customers praised for its comfort on long journey travel.
Members, what do you think of these Kmart travel finds? Are they on your shopping list for your next trip? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!

Reactions: Observer
Sponsored
We have a Solar camp shower and they are good but don't leave them out in the sun all day. Because you can get a nasty burn from the ultra hot water. Always check the temperature before using the shower

Reactions: Phyll
They've been around a long time they do get very hot if left in the sun all day

Reactions: magpie1
Seems like a good idea, maybe everyone with electric hot water systems needs one for when we get the blackouts that are supposed to happen. At least we would all have some hot water. Run, don’t walk, before they all sell out. Maybe I should have kept this idea to myself, at least until I’ve had time to run to kmart. Oops, don’t need one, got solar panels and battery storage.

Wow we had these over 30 years ago - luckily we now have a shower in our van - but when we were using a camper trailer we used the $8 garden (weed) sprayer from Bunnings, filled it with the correct temperature water and away we go. This also worked if we took it to the beach and wanted to wash the salt off.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 3.08.38 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 3.08.38 pm.png
    421.9 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: melnugro