Find out which Hollywood star is engaged to a Western Australian farmer!

Hollywood star Kate Walsh, best known for her roles in popular television shows like Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice, is engaged to be married – to a Western Australian farmer, no less!

The news was accidentally revealed by Walsh herself during an Instagram Live video on Thursday. In the video, which was meant to be a chat between the actress and her Private Practice co-star Amy Brenneman, another man – who turned out to be Walsh's fiancé Andrew Nixon – walked into frame.

https___prod.static9.net.jpg
Hollywood Actress Kate Walsh and WA farmer Andrew Nixon are now engaged. Image source: Instagram.

‘Here comes the jungle cat,’ Walsh said as she introduced Nixon to her 4.3 million followers. ‘That is my fiancé.’ After Brenneman congratulated them both on their engagement, an embarrassed but excited Walsh confirmed that she had just spilled the beans on their big secret.

This will be the second marriage for 54-year-old Walsh; she was previously married to producer Alex Young from 2007 until 2010. Since then, she has largely kept her love life private – which makes sense given how high-profile her career has been.

In February 2021, it was revealed the star was in a relationship with Nixon, who she reportedly met on a cruise to Antarctica before COVID-19 hit in 2020.

Walsh moved to Perth in March 2020, though she initially was only going to stay in the city for a holiday. She was visiting friends and spending time in one of the state's wine regions when the pandemic hit.

‘I was down in Margaret River and then there was a lockdown,’ Walsh said in an interview with 9Honey Celebrity in 2020, where she said she then decided to get a place in the city, in the beach-side suburb of Cottesloe. Nixon and Walsh now live together in Perth.

Nixon, who has reportedly been a farmer for more than 30 years, sometimes features on Walsh's Instagram stories, though Walsh largely keeps his presence in her life under wraps and doesn't share photos of him to her permanent feed.

We imagine it would be quite difficult for anyone dating someone as well-known as Kate Walsh to keep things under wraps! But we're glad that this happy couple can now share their good news with the world. Fancy a Western Australian farmer marrying a Hollywood actress! Now that’s something you see in the movies.

What do you think of this news, members? Do you think it’s exciting a Western Australian farmer is now engaged to one of Hollywood’s biggest actresses?

Sponsored
Hollywood star Kate Walsh, best known for her roles in popular television shows like Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice, is engaged to be married – to a Western Australian farmer, no less!

The news was accidentally revealed by Walsh herself during an Instagram Live video on Thursday. In the video, which was meant to be a chat between the actress and her Private Practice co-star Amy Brenneman, another man – who turned out to be Walsh's fiancé Andrew Nixon – walked into frame.

View attachment 6953
Hollywood Actress Kate Walsh and WA farmer Andrew Nixon are now engaged. Image source: Instagram.

‘Here comes the jungle cat,’ Walsh said as she introduced Nixon to her 4.3 million followers. ‘That is my fiancé.’ After Brenneman congratulated them both on their engagement, an embarrassed but excited Walsh confirmed that she had just spilled the beans on their big secret.

This will be the second marriage for 54-year-old Walsh; she was previously married to producer Alex Young from 2007 until 2010. Since then, she has largely kept her love life private – which makes sense given how high-profile her career has been.

In February 2021, it was revealed the star was in a relationship with Nixon, who she reportedly met on a cruise to Antarctica before COVID-19 hit in 2020.

Walsh moved to Perth in March 2020, though she initially was only going to stay in the city for a holiday. She was visiting friends and spending time in one of the state's wine regions when the pandemic hit.

‘I was down in Margaret River and then there was a lockdown,’ Walsh said in an interview with 9Honey Celebrity in 2020, where she said she then decided to get a place in the city, in the beach-side suburb of Cottesloe. Nixon and Walsh now live together in Perth.

Nixon, who has reportedly been a farmer for more than 30 years, sometimes features on Walsh's Instagram stories, though Walsh largely keeps his presence in her life under wraps and doesn't share photos of him to her permanent feed.

We imagine it would be quite difficult for anyone dating someone as well-known as Kate Walsh to keep things under wraps! But we're glad that this happy couple can now share their good news with the world. Fancy a Western Australian farmer marrying a Hollywood actress! Now that’s something you see in the movies.

What do you think of this news, members? Do you think it’s exciting a Western Australian farmer is now engaged to one of Hollywood’s biggest actresses?
Never heard of her but good luck to both of them.

I watched every episode of Private Practise and have never missed an episode of Grey's Anatomy so I know who Kate Walsh is so all I can say is Andrew Nixon must be one hell of a man for Kate to move from the bright lights of Hollywood to the fairly mundane town of Perth.
On a completely unrelated note, Ru Paul Charles (world's most famous Drag Queen) is also married to a guy from Perth so I guess the men from W.A. have something going for them.

Reactions: Ricci
I can't say I've ever heard of her and don't recognise her either but good luck to them. WA is a beautiful place to live.

Reactions: Ricci