Find out how this $15 Kmart item is stealing the show from a high-end product worth over $1000!

What’s more satisfying than finding a sweet deal? For seniors, saving money on everyday items like groceries and rent is essential, and every little helps!

But the savings don’t end at the supermarket; there are plenty of opportunities to save across almost anything you want to buy, including clothing and accessories.

Many of us don’t have a spare $1000 for designer items, so knowing where to find cheaper dupes of luxury fashion pieces can be a game-changer if you’re looking to make a statement without breaking the bank.

Kmart shoppers who are hesitant to spend over $1200 on a popular designer handbag have found what they describe as the ‘perfect dupe’ priced at just $15.

Australian celebrity fashion stylist Donny Galella has found what he considered a cost-effective substitute for the Jacquemus Le Bambino leather tote, which can cost over $1285.

At first glance, both bags look alike, but notable features are missing in the more affordable option.

43de62ee9d186a8f371b9897de4dcdf445d6ed92.jpg
Shoppers compared the costly Jacquemus Le Bambino top handle bag to Kmart's $15 ‘perfect dupe’. Image source: Jacquemus/Kmart

The French fashion label’s version is made from smooth leather and features a gold logo on the front, while Kmart’s Jana Trapeze crossbody bag is crafted from polyurethane, a plastic material.

‘We are in the middle of a cost of living crisis, and we all don’t have a spare $1000 for designer shoes or bags, so I present to you: “Donny’s dupes”,’ Galella said.

‘The Jacquemus Le Bambino top handle bag, around $850 on sale, if you’ve got[ten] some spare cash.’

‘If your piggybank is a little bit empty, this one is from Kmart for $15. Up to you babes.’

One woman encouraged shoppers to ‘run, don’t walk’ to the retailer after she acquired the budget buy, which is available in two colours: black and pink.

‘Run to Kmart now. They have the dupe of the Jacquemus Le Grand Bambino leather tote for $15,’ said the woman.

‘Are you kidding? You’re coming home with me. Kmart slays with their dupes.’

Those who possess the bag have provided it with an almost flawless five-star review online.

‘Perfect size for all your essentials for a night out. Love the styling, the price and the impressive quality of this bag,’ one shared.

While another said: ‘Cute bag, nice size, good for going out. Fits what you need and is a cute colour.’

Last month, shoppers were excited about a $24 Bella Tote Bag, described as a cost-effective version of the hugely popular Loewe’s handwoven basket bag, which can be priced up to $910.

Both handbags exhibit a significant price contrast–-with many expressing their admiration for Kmart’s ‘incredibly chic’ handbag, available in two colours—tan and white.

Shoppers had also previously noticed the resemblance between Kmart’s $22 Maya Canvas Tote Bag and the $109.95 Marcs Tote Bag, exclusively sold at Myer and David Jones.

Furthermore, some shoppers believed they had found an affordable alternative to the $1700 tote bag from the French luxury label Chloé.

593bef4d178b014e1eb10519e3a45c9ace19c16f.jpg
Shoppers hesitant to spend $910 on a Loewe bag (left) found the ‘perfect dupe’ at Kmart (right) for just $24. Image source: Loewe/Kmart

These three bags share similar features, including natural-coloured canvas and tan vertical accents, but they come with different price tags.

‘I ran to Kmart to pick up the bag. How adorable is it? And for only $20, it’s an absolute steal,’ one wrote.

Jemma urged shoppers to ‘run’ to their nearest store as the bag had sold out online.

‘PSA to all my Kmart girlie lovers. This is the latest drop of a designer dupe from Kmart–-it’s a canvas tote bag, and it’s a dupe of a Marcs slash Chloe canvas bag,’ she added.

‘It is the perfect bag for summer. And at only $20, this thing will sell fast. This bag is huge and will carry so much stuff - it’s perfect for summer. I’m going to take this to the beach all summer long.’

‘It’s absolutely massive, it’ll fit so much. I ... fit my laptop, my water bottle, and everything else in this today, so get there ASAP.’

Claudia said she went to the store to get the ‘popular’ handbag.

‘This bag is taking the Kmart girls by storm,’ she shared.

‘Love the bag, it feels really good too. It’s the perfect colour, and it was only $20. I feel it’s pretty detailed for Kmart, it’s just nice, it’s just a really nice bag.’

c97492067520dec4ce8f2d9bea072fe2cdc6919d.jpg
Shoppers think they've found a budget-friendly alternative to the $109.95 Marcs tote bag and Chloé's $1700 bag. Image source: Marcs/Chloé

Key Takeaways

• Kmart shoppers have found an affordable alternative to the Jacquemus Le Bambino leather tote that costs over $1200, the Jana Trapeze crossbody bag sold for just $15 at Kmart.
  • While not the same, there are similarities between the original and the cheaper alternative, which has led shoppers to call it the ‘perfect dupe’.
  • The budget bag Maya Canvas Tote Bag from Kmart has received positive reviews from shoppers who appreciate its quality and affordable price.
  • This follows other Kmart products attracting attention for their low price points, particularly for comparisons with bags from luxury brands Loewe and Chloé.
Members, what do you think of these Kmart dupes? Share your thoughts in the comments below!

Last edited:
Reactions: Liag and LeslieD
Sponsored
I looked at this bag last Friday as I had a wedding the next day and wanted a new black bag.
Firstly looked nice from the outside that was what attracted me to it.
But it was really hard to do up, it just wouldn't do up , even my daughter couldn't do it up and there were maybe 5 of these bags and all open.
Secondly looks big from the outside but basically will fit only a phone.

I give it 10/10 for looks but 0/10 for functionality.

They do however have other similar bags with a zip that close good and are more functional

Last edited:
Reactions: DLHM
I looked at this bag last Friday as I had a wedding the next day and wanted a new black bag.
Firstly looked nice from the outside that was what attracted me to it.
But it was really hard to do up, it just wouldn't do up , even my daughter couldn't do it up and there were maybe 5 if these bags and all open.
Secondly looks big from the outside but basically will fit only a phone.

I give it 10/10 for looks but 0/10 for functionality.

They do however have other similar bags with a zip that close good and are more functional
A bit OTT with the review, what is exceptional quality about a plastic bag?? Not that I would ever buy a $1200 bag, but you do not get "exceptional quality" for $15.