SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Luckyus

Luckyus

Dec 18, 2021
Here, There and Everywhere?
Finally A Correct Definition of the Term Political Correctness!

For the last six years or more, almost all of the things I wanted to write or say, have been stymied by a recently coined term referred to as "POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!" Although I consider myself rather fluent in the English language, that term was not in my vocabulary. My curiosity got the best of me, and I decided to do a little research; and after two weeks of chasing fruitless leads, I finally found what I'd been looking for at the Truman Library and Museum in Independence Missouri. An unnamed source there sent me copies of four telegrams that were between Harry Truman and Douglas MacArthur on the day before the actual signing of the Surrender Agreement. The contents of those four telegrams below are exactly as received, not a word has been added, changed or deleted.

1.- Tokyo, Japan, 08:00 - September 1, 1945 to President Harry S. Truman from General D. A. MacArthur.
"Tomorrow we meet those yellow bellied bastards and sign the Surrender Documents, any last instructions?"

2.- Washington, DC, 13:00 - September 1, 1945 to D. A. MacArthur from H. S. Truman.
"Congratulations, job well done; but you must tone down your obvious dislike of the Japanese when discussing the terms of the surrender with the press, because some of your remarks are fundamentally not politically correct!"

3.- Tokyo, Japan, 16:30 - September 1, 1945 to H. S. Truman from D. A. MacARthur and C. H. Nimitz.
"Wilco sir, but both Chester and I are somewhat confused, exactly what does the term ‘politically correct’ mean?"

4.- Washington, DC, 21:20- September 1, 1945 to D. A. MacArthur and C. H. Nimitz from H. S. Truman.
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!"

Now, with special thanks to my friend at the Truman Museum and Harry, you and I finally have a full understanding of what "POLITICAL CORRECTNESS" really means. Share with your friends so they will also be enlightened.