Fantastic meat deal! Shoppers go wild for Coles' '5 packs for $25' offer

As members of the SDC, we're always on the lookout for a good bargain – especially when it comes to groceries. After all, who doesn't love saving a few extra bucks on their weekly shop?

That's why we were so excited when we recently came across an amazing deal from Coles supermarket that gave customers the chance to pick up five packs of meat for just $25. That's right, $25!

The best part was that there was a great range of meat buys to select from as part of the offer, including beef burgers, chicken schnitzel and lamb strips. Perfect for stocking up your freezer (or impressing guests at your next barbecue).

Naturally, when popular social media group Markdown Addicts Australia promoted the deal via its Instagram and Facebook pages, there was an absolutely huge reaction from followers.

In fact, so many people wanted in on the action that Coles' website crashed due to high demand! Oops...

fhkGx-oeXr6RDTzwprKS1RYlL63F5sOu6wObjLulz88qp7uKeYy_kko0A7iPQ3hdGH7c5sCdZaz6IDrbK-piuKBqaiCMVjHyf4s68UmU_jw-jBcRJKPuXd6ga5sliImmuTnEM0P6vDbWhZDhKojd9tHUt9z8FZNXm9iUJUkFT5IhDRgKOo5BBdPJ

The Coles special has sent savvy shoppers into a frenzy. Credit: MarkdownAddictsAustralia/Instagram.

Many shoppers also took advantage of other Coles deals, such as the $5 discount on some chicken and meat products, sharing photos of their incredible hauls on social media.

One shopper wrote: 'I picked mine up earlier. They didn’t have two of the chicken schnitzels, so they substituted with a big pack.'

'I ordered last night and my order was in stock. I'm a happy customer!' said another.

A third chimed in: 'I got mine today. I ordered last night and everything was in stock. Thanks for the bargain!'

'Just ordered mine and got a chicken promo, MEAT 5 so that my total was $38.70 for 10 dinners,' added another.

1nHhJJk6oFY5Q8QaQk32pqQrO_D69rzdXg1vGre41NWhgml5H3x4TJ2MwM1jcjZBxrkbM0ui6BUvm9XbM8CsVJW52ACktjPR0cWoAziJ-JJJfYznbgVxb_3MbQ2cXC3QGEciZJ9u4QBWg6BWR36D-yp4QbkpXH688rCl3z03mkN22id4iC_lHGBy

Some shoppers took to social media to share their purchases. Credit: Markdown Addicts Australia/Facebook.

After 24 hours of being on Coles' website, the deal was rebranded as '5 for $45', which is its current featured deal. This prompted several shoppers to complain about it as Coles said that they were unable to honour the initial $25 deal after the store changed the pricing.

One frustrated shopper wrote: 'I ordered it and they cancelled it. No stock.'

'I tried ordering this morning, got refunded within half an hour,' another commented.

A Coles staff member commented on the issue, confirming that the retailer had stock issues due to the huge wave of orders they received from shoppers.

'So many being greedy too. Don’t come at me over "prices and inflation",' they wrote.

'I did a click for one customer filled to the best of my ability and she’s done two more orders for the morning. They won’t be fulfilled. We don’t have stock!'

While they did not confirm that this is the reason for the price change, it can be assumed that the retailer tried to ease the demand by increasing the cost of these goods.

From the customer's point of view, however, the sudden price change is a cause of annoyance as the practice may be considered false advertising by some people.

What are your thoughts, folks? Should Coles honour the initial $25 deal as requested by several customers?

Sponsored
As members of the SDC, we're always on the lookout for a good bargain – especially when it comes to groceries. After all, who doesn't love saving a few extra bucks on their weekly shop?

That's why we were so excited when we recently came across an amazing deal from Coles supermarket that gave customers the chance to pick up five packs of meat for just $25. That's right, $25!

The best part was that there was a great range of meat buys to select from as part of the offer, including beef burgers, chicken schnitzel and lamb strips. Perfect for stocking up your freezer (or impressing guests at your next barbecue).

Naturally, when popular social media group Markdown Addicts Australia promoted the deal via its Instagram and Facebook pages, there was an absolutely huge reaction from followers.

In fact, so many people wanted in on the action that Coles' website crashed due to high demand! Oops...

fhkGx-oeXr6RDTzwprKS1RYlL63F5sOu6wObjLulz88qp7uKeYy_kko0A7iPQ3hdGH7c5sCdZaz6IDrbK-piuKBqaiCMVjHyf4s68UmU_jw-jBcRJKPuXd6ga5sliImmuTnEM0P6vDbWhZDhKojd9tHUt9z8FZNXm9iUJUkFT5IhDRgKOo5BBdPJ

The Coles special has sent savvy shoppers into a frenzy. Credit: MarkdownAddictsAustralia/Instagram.

Many shoppers also took advantage of other Coles deals, such as the $5 discount on some chicken and meat products, sharing photos of their incredible hauls on social media.

One shopper wrote: 'I picked mine up earlier. They didn’t have two of the chicken schnitzels, so they substituted with a big pack.'

'I ordered last night and my order was in stock. I'm a happy customer!' said another.

A third chimed in: 'I got mine today. I ordered last night and everything was in stock. Thanks for the bargain!'

'Just ordered mine and got a chicken promo, MEAT 5 so that my total was $38.70 for 10 dinners,' added another.

1nHhJJk6oFY5Q8QaQk32pqQrO_D69rzdXg1vGre41NWhgml5H3x4TJ2MwM1jcjZBxrkbM0ui6BUvm9XbM8CsVJW52ACktjPR0cWoAziJ-JJJfYznbgVxb_3MbQ2cXC3QGEciZJ9u4QBWg6BWR36D-yp4QbkpXH688rCl3z03mkN22id4iC_lHGBy

Some shoppers took to social media to share their purchases. Credit: Markdown Addicts Australia/Facebook.

After 24 hours of being on Coles' website, the deal was rebranded as '5 for $45', which is its current featured deal. This prompted several shoppers to complain about it as Coles said that they were unable to honour the initial $25 deal after the store changed the pricing.

'I tried ordering this morning, got refunded within half an hour,' another commented.

A Coles staff member commented on the issue, confirming that the retailer had stock issues due to the huge wave of orders they received from shoppers.

'So many being greedy too. Don’t come at me over "prices and inflation",' they wrote.

'I did a click for one customer filled to the best of my ability and she’s done two more orders for the morning. They won’t be fulfilled. We don’t have stock!'

While they did not confirm that this is the reason for the price change, it can be assumed that the retailer tried to ease the demand by increasing the cost of these goods.

From the customer's point of view, however, the sudden price change is a cause of annoyance as the practice may be considered false advertising by some people.

What are your thoughts, folks? Should Coles honour the initial $25 deal as requested by several customers?
I did not receive this offer so could not take advantage of it. Nor do my two nearest Coles have the big markdowns on closing time as you report others do.

Reactions: Jaynius

One of those lucky finds,. Once again it's the greed of customers that ruin it for others. Coles were trying to do a good thing for their loyal customers but social media brings them to the limelight then greed sets in by a lot of customers. Coles did the right thing. I personal only shop using the "just in time" method. So far toilet paper and paper towels are causing me shortages but I'm adaptable.

Reactions: Ezzy and KaraJenna
Apart from the chook, there is nothing else I would eat not at any price. As I don't ever shop at Coles the offer doesn't apply in my household.

Yes, l believe orders should have been honoured. A rush on this deal should have been evident & to avoid a lot of disappointment to customers, Woolworths could have placed a time limit on this special.

There will always be those who get greedy & spoil things for people or others who own a restaurant & will have each member place a separate order thereby spoiling things for those customers satisfied with being able to get just one order for themselves.

I just did my online shop at Coles and they have this offer with the meat 2 for $15 which equals to 5 for $45 not that good of a sale unless you order awhole lot of the hamburger patties normally $10 each.
The sausages on the list you can buy anytime 2 for $12.

If anyone wants this buy just go to their website no codes needed

The best buy was when they had the 5 for $25

Reactions: Ezzy
Yes, l believe orders should have been honoured. A rush on this deal should have been evident & to avoid a lot of disappointment to customers, Woolworths could have placed a time limit on this special.

There will always be those who get greedy & spoil things for people or others who own a restaurant & will have each member place a separate order thereby spoiling things for those customers satisfied with being able to get just one order for themselves.
Ezzy, please read the story again!!

This story is from Coles, NOT Woolworths!!

Yes but they should ensure that it is for 1 per person as some greedy people will try to oder multiple times