Exciting News: ALDI Revamps Frozen Section in Australian Stores

ALDI, the popular budget supermarket chain, is taking significant steps to promote environmental sustainability within its Australian stores.

The company has recently unveiled an exciting change that will soon be implemented across its locations—a new addition of chiller doors in the refrigerated sections.

This strategic move aims to improve the shopping experience for customers by enhancing the visibility and accessibility of ALDI's frozen food section.

ALDI_1.jpg
ALDI has recently unveiled a significant and impactful environmentally-conscious alteration. Source: ALDI Unpacked

Gone are the days of rummaging through boxes to find your desired items. Instead, you will be greeted with a neatly organised and easily navigable display.

Although this innovative update is limited to select stores in New South Wales, ALDI plans to expand its trial to 15 locations in Victoria, Queensland, and Western Australia starting in late September.

The company's decision to introduce chiller doors stems from its commitment to reducing energy consumption and minimising environmental impact.

Impressively, the trial stores have already reported a remarkable energy saving of around 30 per cent in refrigeration usage, highlighting the positive effects of this environmentally-conscious modification.

In addition to its environmentally-friendly endeavours, ALDI has recently made waves by introducing a brand-new range of ready-made meals and sides.

Priced affordably, these delicious offerings provide customers with convenient options for quick and satisfying meals.

The selection includes an array of irresistible dishes, such as Pho Bowls priced at just $1.99, a delectable Chicken Parmi for $6.99, and indulgent Lobster Bisque Pots priced at $9.99.

ALDI's limited-time winter range also features popular favourites like the World Kitchen Chicken and Bacon Mac and Cheese Bake, available for $9.99.

Another standout option is the Big Feed Chicken Pasta Bake, priced at $6.99, perfect for those seeking a hearty and convenient meal.

For fans of Asian cuisine, the Urban Eats Pho Bowls, available in chicken or vegetable flavours, provides a flavorful blend of spices and noodles, all at an affordable price of $1.99 each.

Kylie Warnke, an expert on ALDI shopping, expressed enthusiasm for the new range, emphasising that it offers a month's worth of family-friendly meal options.

Warnke highlighted the variety of ready-made winter warmer meals, luxurious treats, and take-away dinners included in the range.

She further emphasised that ALDI's customers can enjoy these delectable options without straining their wallets.

Kylie shared, ‘The new range includes even more readymade winter warmer meals, luxurious treats and fake-away dinners for the family to enjoy at home-–but most importantly, shoppers won't break the bank to enjoy them.’

extensive compilation detailing the assortment of Limited Time Only products available in ALDI...jpg
Key Takeaways

• ALDI Australia is focusing on becoming more environmentally friendly in its operations through expanding its trial of chiller doors to more stores.
  • The trial of chiller doors was initially implemented in selected stores in New South Wales. It will be expanded to 15 additional stores in Victoria, Queensland, and Western Australia.
  • The addition of chiller doors has already resulted in an energy saving of approximately 30 per cent in refrigeration usage in trial stores.
  • Alongside its environmental efforts, ALDI has launched a new range of ready-made meals and sides, offering affordable options for customers.
  • The range of ready-made meals includes a variety of dishes such as Pho Bowls, Chicken Parmi, and Lobster Bisque Pots, with prices ranging from $1.99 to $9.99.

As ALDI continues to prioritise environmental sustainability and cater to diverse culinary preferences, its latest initiatives, including the addition of chiller doors and the introduction of the ready-made meals range, demonstrate the company's commitment to providing both quality and affordability to its valued customers. What are your thoughts on ALDI’s efforts to improve environmental sustainability and its new range of affordable ready-made meals?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored
Good idea about the doors. When I walk past the meat and dairy section in my local Aldi, it's always so cold. 🥶

Very nice of them to finally catch up with the bigger supermarkets. Now they need to have self serve!!

Good idea about the doors. When I walk past the meat and dairy section in my local Aldi, it's always so cold. 🥶

Very nice of them to finally catch up with the bigger supermarkets. Now they need to have self serve!!
Some stores already have self serve.

No to self-serve, worst thing ever introduced to any supermarket. People need interaction with others while shopping so they need to be in a queue & wait for a person to help not a machine. It is bad enough that we have to pack our own bags let alone being served by a computer.

Reactions: rayd
No to self-serve, worst thing ever introduced to any supermarket. People need interaction with others while shopping so they need to be in a queue & wait for a person to help not a machine. It is bad enough that we have to pack our own bags let alone being served by a computer.
You may need it, but I don't need interaction with anyone while I'm shopping. I just do my shopping, pay and go home. If I've only got about 10 items, why on earth would I want to wait in a queue when I can use self serve quicker? I much prefer doing it all myself.

If you're incapable of packing your own bags in Aldi, then go to Woolworths or Coles.

Our local Aldi in a Brisbane suburb now has two chutes at the end of the checkout - guess the reason is if you don’t clear your groceries quickly enough after paying then they don’t have to wait for you but will use the second chute to send the next customer’s stuff onto. Bit pushy I feel - I’ve always taken a little time putting my groceries carefully into my trolley and won’t let a fast operator push me into ‘dumping’ my stuff in so he/she can get the next customer through. It’s not a deliberate delaying tactic on my behalf just that I would like my stuff to go ‘gently’ into my trolley not have to ‘dump’ them in so the next customer can be served.

ALDI, the popular budget supermarket chain, is taking significant steps to promote environmental sustainability within its Australian stores.

The company has recently unveiled an exciting change that will soon be implemented across its locations—a new addition of chiller doors in the refrigerated sections.

This strategic move aims to improve the shopping experience for customers by enhancing the visibility and accessibility of ALDI's frozen food section.

View attachment 24805
ALDI has recently unveiled a significant and impactful environmentally-conscious alteration. Source: ALDI Unpacked

Gone are the days of rummaging through boxes to find your desired items. Instead, you will be greeted with a neatly organised and easily navigable display.

Although this innovative update is limited to select stores in New South Wales, ALDI plans to expand its trial to 15 locations in Victoria, Queensland, and Western Australia starting in late September.

The company's decision to introduce chiller doors stems from its commitment to reducing energy consumption and minimising environmental impact.

Impressively, the trial stores have already reported a remarkable energy saving of around 30 per cent in refrigeration usage, highlighting the positive effects of this environmentally-conscious modification.

In addition to its environmentally-friendly endeavours, ALDI has recently made waves by introducing a brand-new range of ready-made meals and sides.

Priced affordably, these delicious offerings provide customers with convenient options for quick and satisfying meals.

The selection includes an array of irresistible dishes, such as Pho Bowls priced at just $1.99, a delectable Chicken Parmi for $6.99, and indulgent Lobster Bisque Pots priced at $9.99.

ALDI's limited-time winter range also features popular favourites like the World Kitchen Chicken and Bacon Mac and Cheese Bake, available for $9.99.

Another standout option is the Big Feed Chicken Pasta Bake, priced at $6.99, perfect for those seeking a hearty and convenient meal.

For fans of Asian cuisine, the Urban Eats Pho Bowls, available in chicken or vegetable flavours, provides a flavorful blend of spices and noodles, all at an affordable price of $1.99 each.

Kylie Warnke, an expert on ALDI shopping, expressed enthusiasm for the new range, emphasising that it offers a month's worth of family-friendly meal options.

Warnke highlighted the variety of ready-made winter warmer meals, luxurious treats, and take-away dinners included in the range.

She further emphasised that ALDI's customers can enjoy these delectable options without straining their wallets.

Kylie shared, ‘The new range includes even more readymade winter warmer meals, luxurious treats and fake-away dinners for the family to enjoy at home-–but most importantly, shoppers won't break the bank to enjoy them.’

Key Takeaways

• ALDI Australia is focusing on becoming more environmentally friendly in its operations through expanding its trial of chiller doors to more stores.
  • The trial of chiller doors was initially implemented in selected stores in New South Wales. It will be expanded to 15 additional stores in Victoria, Queensland, and Western Australia.
  • The addition of chiller doors has already resulted in an energy saving of approximately 30 per cent in refrigeration usage in trial stores.
  • Alongside its environmental efforts, ALDI has launched a new range of ready-made meals and sides, offering affordable options for customers.
  • The range of ready-made meals includes a variety of dishes such as Pho Bowls, Chicken Parmi, and Lobster Bisque Pots, with prices ranging from $1.99 to $9.99.

As ALDI continues to prioritise environmental sustainability and cater to diverse culinary preferences, its latest initiatives, including the addition of chiller doors and the introduction of the ready-made meals range, demonstrate the company's commitment to providing both quality and affordability to its valued customers. What are your thoughts on ALDI’s efforts to improve environmental sustainability and its new range of affordable ready-made meals?

Doors on fridges? Who wuda thort? How many of us 'not so smart' folk have 'doorless' fridges at home?

View attachment 24805

Key Takeaways

Any ready-made meal you are paying through to nose.