Exciting ‘modern’ update to Bunnings' sausage sizzles!

Ah, Bunnings Warehouse – not only a handy one-stop-shop for all your hardware and gardening needs but also the place that hosts one of Australia's most beloved culinary traditions: the iconic sausage sizzle.

There's something uniquely calming about buying a perfect sausage sanga as you wander through the aisles. This simple activity, a staple for over 25 years, has been an effortless way for local community groups to gather much-needed funds.

compressed-General sausage image (1).jpeg
Bunnings Warehouse has implemented a groundbreaking enhancement to its sausage stands. Source: Bunnings

However, amidst this tradition, one common complaint continually arises among shoppers. This complaint concerns the lack of a cashless payment option at the sausage stand.

Picture this: you're out completing chores, your stomach rumbling in response to the enticing aroma wafting from the grill, only to discover you've left your spare change at home.

It's a familiar frustration, but the good news is on the horizon. Bunnings Warehouse, in response to this persistent issue, has made an exciting announcement.

Transitioning into the digital age, Bunnings Warehouse has introduced a modern update to its sausage stands.

From now on, the convenience of mobile payment options will be available for anyone keen to satisfy their hunger with food and drinks. No need to scramble for coins or miss out on your treat; now, you can pay for your sausage sandwich using a QR code with your smartphone.

As explained by Matt Tyler, Bunnings General Manager of Operations, to 7NEWS.com.au: ‘We offer a free mobile payment option to community groups fundraising through sausage sizzles at our stores. This makes it simple for them to boost fundraising and gives customers a cashless way to pay for their sausage and support their local community group.’

To make this deal even better, Bunnings will shoulder all transaction fees linked with the mobile payment option. This guarantees that community groups receive all the money raised.

compressed-sausages-g94b7781c7_1280.jpeg
Bunnings Warehouse's latest update to its sausage stands promises to simplify and tantalise. Image by webandi from pixabay

Seeing Bunnings take this step to back these groups, as well as bring ease to those who might find dealing with technology or having cash on hand challenging, truly warms our hearts.

This mobile payment option was first rolled out in 2021, but many shoppers are still unaware of this handy new payment method.

One Sydney shopper expressed her excitement at discovering the option at Bunnings Eastgardens.

'I couldn’t believe it. So many times, I’ve had to give the sausage sizzle a miss because I didn’t have any change or notes on me. So I was really excited to see that you can now pay with your phone. It was really easy. One tap and I was done.'

Key Takeaways
  • Bunnings Warehouse has introduced a mobile payment option for its iconic sausage sizzle.
  • Customers can now use cash or pay for their sausage sandwich via a QR code.
  • Bunnings incurs all transaction fees, ensuring community groups receive 100 per cent of the funds raised.
  • The decision to offer mobile payment came in 2021 and is at the discretion of each community group.
So, there it is! This convenient update to Bunnings' famous sausage stands is set to simplify our lives and tickle our taste buds.

Remember, it's up to each community group to decide whether to offer mobile payments. So, be sure to look out for signs of this payment option.

So don't forget to show your support for local community groups by treating yourself to a tasty sausage sanga on your next Bunnings trip.

And to end on a fun note, a question for you all—wouldn't it be exciting to snag your next well… snag with just a tap on your phone? What do you think?

Sponsored
Sure junk food does attract many as they are most likely too used to eating such unhealthy crap. I usually give a few $ and run off in disgust of the smell Bunnings products are great but not the smelly unhealthy sausages

• Sad
Reactions: 52KID
the clubs don't pay for them, they are supplied by Bunnings.
WRONG! My partner has arranged a couple of sausage sizzles for his sporting club at Bunnings and I can assure you that he was running around getting all the sausages, onions, bread, sauces, etc to feed the hungry masses.

Reactions: 52KID
Bloody hell and what about the people who do not have a mobile phone or do not use it for their money needs!!
What happened to that word 'CHOICE', an act of choosing between two or more possibilities?? I would like the choice of using cash!!
Well, the Charities have lost out on our money, no more sausage sangers for us!!
I don't use my phone to pay, but the article does not say that they won't be accepting cash, just that now people have an extra option to pay - cash is still accepted

Reactions: gollywog
Bloody hell and what about the people who do not have a mobile phone or do not use it for their money needs!!
What happened to that word 'CHOICE', an act of choosing between two or more possibilities?? I would like the choice of using cash!!
Well, the Charities have lost out on our money, no more sausage sangers for us!!
Silly Gollywog, cash is their main form of payment.

Not sure about Bunnings but generally sausages, bread etc are donated by local businesses and all labour is supplied by volunteers. Instead of criticising for the sake of it, try looking into the good things that are achieved by these people who selflessly donate their time and the merchants who donate their produce.
If you don't like the sizzle don't partake, simple, but don't try to cast a shadow over something loved by so many of us. Rant over 😤

Ah, Bunnings Warehouse – not only a handy one-stop-shop for all your hardware and gardening needs but also the place that hosts one of Australia's most beloved culinary traditions: the iconic sausage sizzle.

There's something uniquely calming about buying a perfect sausage sanga as you wander through the aisles. This simple activity, a staple for over 25 years, has been an effortless way for local community groups to gather much-needed funds.

View attachment 21940
Bunnings Warehouse has implemented a groundbreaking enhancement to its sausage stands. Source: Bunnings

However, amidst this tradition, one common complaint continually arises among shoppers. This complaint concerns the lack of a cashless payment option at the sausage stand.

Picture this: you're out completing chores, your stomach rumbling in response to the enticing aroma wafting from the grill, only to discover you've left your spare change at home.

It's a familiar frustration, but the good news is on the horizon. Bunnings Warehouse, in response to this persistent issue, has made an exciting announcement.

Transitioning into the digital age, Bunnings Warehouse has introduced a modern update to its sausage stands.

From now on, the convenience of mobile payment options will be available for anyone keen to satisfy their hunger with food and drinks. No need to scramble for coins or miss out on your treat; now, you can pay for your sausage sandwich using a QR code with your smartphone.

As explained by Matt Tyler, Bunnings General Manager of Operations, to 7NEWS.com.au: ‘We offer a free mobile payment option to community groups fundraising through sausage sizzles at our stores. This makes it simple for them to boost fundraising and gives customers a cashless way to pay for their sausage and support their local community group.’

To make this deal even better, Bunnings will shoulder all transaction fees linked with the mobile payment option. This guarantees that community groups receive all the money raised.

View attachment 21941
Bunnings Warehouse's latest update to its sausage stands promises to simplify and tantalise. Image by webandi from pixabay

Seeing Bunnings take this step to back these groups, as well as bring ease to those who might find dealing with technology or having cash on hand challenging, truly warms our hearts.

This mobile payment option was first rolled out in 2021, but many shoppers are still unaware of this handy new payment method.

One Sydney shopper expressed her excitement at discovering the option at Bunnings Eastgardens.

'I couldn’t believe it. So many times, I’ve had to give the sausage sizzle a miss because I didn’t have any change or notes on me. So I was really excited to see that you can now pay with your phone. It was really easy. One tap and I was done.'

Key Takeaways

• Bunnings Warehouse has introduced a mobile payment option for its iconic sausage sizzle.
  • Bunnings incurs all transaction fees, ensuring community groups receive 100 per cent of the funds raised.
  • The decision to offer mobile payment came in 2021 and is at the discretion of each community group.
So, there it is! This convenient update to Bunnings' famous sausage stands is set to simplify our lives and tickle our taste buds.

Remember, it's up to each community group to decide whether to offer mobile payments. So, be sure to look out for signs of this payment option.

So don't forget to show your support for local community groups by treating yourself to a tasty sausage sanga on your next Bunnings trip.

And to end on a fun note, a question for you all—wouldn't it be exciting to snag your next well… snag with just a tap on your phone? What do you think?
I do not do any banking via an app on my phone so it will not be of use to me but for those who do I can see it will be of benefit.

the clubs don't pay for them, they are supplied by Bunnings.
Not sure what experience you have with these events, @AlanQ , but here on the Darling Downs community groups definitely have to provide the ingredients/components ourselves!

I love my snag at Bunnings, with onions too and supporting a local charity. I'm hoping they will still be taking cash as I won't use my phone for tap and go payments. Cash or card tap for me, but I always carry some cash.

Reactions: gollywog and Gsr
You have a choice of cash or eftpos so anyone can buy a snag sanga and drink.

Reactions: gollywog

View attachment 21940

View attachment 21941

Key Takeaways

Digital payments what a load of crap don't you fool's realise that a fee comes out each time you use it yes Bunnings will cover it no cash in the society means the bank's and government will control you 😉

Actualy we do take cash as well so there is no need to missout!

Reactions: gollywog and Pameee

View attachment 21940

View attachment 21941

Key Takeaways

Cash is legal tender . Bunnings sausage sizzle will join the others that don’t get our business when not taking cash .. all these little purchases on the card add up each month ..
eventually the banks will say no more !! they will return to the days of set amount of transactions a month any over that number & a fee will apply .. years ago it was 15 a month with the commonwealth bank

How hard is it to get into the habit of keeping cash ? They want to herd people like cattle into a cashless society so they can track everything you spend on & where, same as they can turn off your access to your $$
Yep, no more slipping the Grandies a bit of cash, just because you can or anyone else, for that matter!!

Yep, no more slipping the Grandies a bit of cash, just because you can or anyone else, for that matter!!
A "bit of cash" in some circumstances can be a sizeable amount of cash which encourages criminal activity and loss of benefits for those who try to do the right thing. I actually think a cashless society would have some big advantages but would not worry too much about an assisting hand to a close relative.