• 150millilitres rice bran oil - Note 4
• 75 grams old fashion rolled oats
• 1 teaspoon mixed spice

• Note 1 - use any apple that you have
• Note 2 - do not use desiccated coconut, will make muffins dense
• Note 3 - use walnuts or almonds if you prefer
• Note 4 - vegetable oil can be used

Method

Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius Fan Forced or 190 degrees Celsius with no fan
Lightly grease a 12 hole muffin pan - third cup capacity - Note 1
Place all ingredients into a large bowl, stir to combine - Do Not over mix - Note 2
Spoon mixture into prepared pan
Place in top half of the oven, cook for approximately 20 minutes or until cooked through when tested - Note 3
Stand in pan for 5 minutes, before turning out onto wire rack to cool completely
These muffins freeze very well
Enjoy

• Note 1 - if you have individual silicone muffin cup use those - No need to grease
•• I use 6 large Texas muffin silicone cups and line with a muffin wrap - my personal preference. Then fill each one with 135 grams of mixture
• Note 2 - Over mixing will make muffins heavy and dense
• Note 3 - A few crumbs on the skewer is fine, you do not want to dry the muffins out

I am a bike rider and I find these muffins give me that extra bit of energy that I need on long rides

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored
These moulds are from Chefs Toolbox, I am sure that party plan company no longer exists. Might be worth looking around in op shops, you might be lucky

Just noticed a mistake it should read 190 degrees Celsius, Non Fan Forced oven NOT 199 degrees

Reactions: Penny4
I'm going to make this today .
Is this the recipe you posted the other day , I just remember larger amounts of ingredients

That is the recipe, hope you enjoy them.
I just noticed a mistake, it should be 190 degrees Celsius Non Fan Forced oven NOT 199 degrees Celsius

Ingredients

• 150gram Granny Smith apple - peeled and grated - Note 1
• 70gram carrot - peeled and grated
• 3 eggs - lightly beaten
• 110grams dark brown sugar
• 35grams shredded coconut - Note 2
• 80grams sultanas
• 50grams pecans - chopped - Note 3
• 125grams self raising flour
• 150millilitres rice bran oil - Note 4
• 75 grams old fashion rolled oats
• 1 teaspoon mixed spice

• Note 1 - use any apple that you have
• Note 2 - do not use desiccated coconut, will make muffins dense
• Note 3 - use walnuts or almonds if you prefer
• Note 4 - vegetable oil can be used

Method

Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius Fan Forced or 199 degrees Celsius with no fan
Lightly grease a 12 hole muffin pan - third cup capacity - Note 1
Place all ingredients into a large bowl, stir to combine - Do Not over mix - Note 2
Spoon mixture into prepared pan
Place in top half of the oven, cook for approximately 20 minutes or until cooked through when tested - Note 3
Stand in pan for 5 minutes, before turning out onto wire rack to cool completely
These muffins freeze very well
Enjoy

• Note 1 - if you have individual silicone muffin cup use those - No need to grease
•• I use 6 large Texas muffin silicone cups and line with a muffin wrap - my personal preference. Then fill each one with 135 grams of mixture
• Note 2 - Over mixing will make muffins heavy and dense
• Note 3 - A few crumbs on the skewer is fine, you do not want to dry the muffins out

I am a bike rider and I find these muffins give me that extra bit of energy that I need on long rides
sounds like a healthy muffin and good for energy thank you for recipe will try

Reactions: Ezzy and janj
Thanks for this - I will also pass this recipe onto my daughter who exercises regularly ( she will make extra for me) :)

Reactions: Ezzy
The silicone muffin cups are really great , I bought them a long time ago and use them often , not only for muffins , but also for other treats like a healthy copycat Twix Bar , so much easier in a cup than trying to cut the bar .
Your muffins look nice , but I prefer not to use any refined sugar and change it to a lower glycemic product .
Hope you mean push bike and not motor bike. Haha!
I use my pushbike at least 3 times a week , good exercise and enjoying the outdoors as well.

The silicone muffin cups are really great , I bought them a long time ago and use them often , not only for muffins , but also for other treats like a healthy copycat Twix Bar , so much easier in a cup than trying to cut the bar .
Your muffins look nice , but I prefer not to use any refined sugar and change it to a lower glycemic product .
Hope you mean push bike and not motor bike. Haha!
I use my pushbike at least 3 times a week , good exercise and enjoying the outdoors as well.

Definitely push bike 🚲 …but I do ride a motorbike 🏍️