Email from Kmart’s CEO sows confusion among shoppers

EnkaGwPj7KxdU3SbbAzJl_okHea-VET3bBxHYX8bZTNX9Co0hLapV4FzXofJCNaiqA0sJSS2LG9PsRfF5vFjaTMRMtpaIMZCW9gApqZdqY1hHkU80eoC8-MKaIAkIT17zCPV1_l6=s0

Kmart CEO John Gualtieri wants a “safe, seamless, and convenient” shopping experience. Photo from Inside Retail

As per government regulation, Kmart CEO John Gualtieri confirmed that customers who have not yet received the vaccine will not be allowed to shop at NSW stores. Gualtieri implemented the restrictions in line with the government’s efforts to ensure the virus spread would be minimal. But he is adamant that every shopper will still have a “safe, seamless, and convenient” experience.

"As per the NSW Government requirement, customers will need to show proof that they are fully COVID-19 vaccinated, unless a medical exemption applies," the email said.

On October 11, there were scenes of chaos when excited Kmart customers were seen lining up at midnight and flooding the store to celebrate the end of the many months’ long lockdown.

The current NSW road map allows stores to welcome fully vaccinated individuals under a limited capacity of 1 person per 4 square meters.

Unvaccinated locals will have to wait until December 1, 2021 for the restriction to be lifted.

A spokesperson from Kmart confirmed the store would continue to follow government guidelines.

"We will continue to comply with evolving government requirements to keep our customers and team safe and we will keep customers updated should requirements change," the spokesperson told 7News.

Though it appears not everyone agrees with the decision.

B0BjwZ9ArEiVf16ERzsrEW-DhzyMrx8aRMAAGwRPQelFCNwQj_phWXAk5saqvVxGUqvhsev9ZCCJBmOGu_Wg_dZKnH-yBmVUJFg3ntmyavALlL4OfRUwcMdZhCTxaDKOSfUYeWe0=s0

”People should be vaccinated.” Photo: Marco Bello / Reuters

One person asked on Kmart’s Facebook page, saying, “Are they not letting unvaccinated people shop in the store?”

"Wow never thought Kmart would discriminate so ashamed of them, thought they were a great store, l need to think again," added another angry user, who threatened to boycott the superstore.

The majority of the comments expressed support for the move, saying, “Well, people should be vaccinated.”

"Good on them, I am double vaccinated so don’t have an issue," wrote another.

The state hit the mark of 70 percent of its eligible population being fully vaccinated, enabling retail stores and hospitality venues to open.

Do you agree with Kmart’s decision to only allow fully vaccinated people in their stores?

This article is based on an article written by Kristine Tarbert for Yahoo! Lifestyle.

Reactions: DaGordofather
Sponsored
Yes I do agree absolutely. For people to talk about their 'rights' regarding this vaccination is selfish and uncaring of the safety of anybody else who could be infected should they have or carry this terrible thing. There are no 'rights' where this is concerned.

Yes I do agree absolutely. For people to talk about their 'rights' regarding this vaccination is selfish and uncaring of the safety of anybody else who could be infected should they have or carry this terrible thing. There are no 'rights' where this is concerned.
Vaccinated people are the spreaders for gods sake, [removed by admin] this vaccine is a trial and no one tells you how many people are dying and sick from this they lie..
I have many friends that are in hospital and sick at home that where in good health my god it’s so sad, doctors and nurses the whistleblowers on sites like Telegram and Rumble, sick of fear mongering on mainstream media and even a competition $1m for the lucky vaccinated person 😱😱

Edit from Jonathan: Guys, please refrain from name calling... Let's have a civilised discussion about this.

Reactions: LadyMoonlight
Email from Kmart’s CEO sows confusion among shoppers

EnkaGwPj7KxdU3SbbAzJl_okHea-VET3bBxHYX8bZTNX9Co0hLapV4FzXofJCNaiqA0sJSS2LG9PsRfF5vFjaTMRMtpaIMZCW9gApqZdqY1hHkU80eoC8-MKaIAkIT17zCPV1_l6=s0

Kmart CEO John Gualtieri wants a “safe, seamless, and convenient” shopping experience. Photo from Inside Retail

As per government regulation, Kmart CEO John Gualtieri confirmed that customers who have not yet received the vaccine will not be allowed to shop at NSW stores. Gualtieri implemented the restrictions in line with the government’s efforts to ensure the virus spread would be minimal. But he is adamant that every shopper will still have a “safe, seamless, and convenient” experience.

"As per the NSW Government requirement, customers will need to show proof that they are fully COVID-19 vaccinated, unless a medical exemption applies," the email said.

On October 11, there were scenes of chaos when excited Kmart customers were seen lining up at midnight and flooding the store to celebrate the end of the many months’ long lockdown.

The current NSW road map allows stores to welcome fully vaccinated individuals under a limited capacity of 1 person per 4 square meters.

Unvaccinated locals will have to wait until December 1, 2021 for the restriction to be lifted.

A spokesperson from Kmart confirmed the store would continue to follow government guidelines.

"We will continue to comply with evolving government requirements to keep our customers and team safe and we will keep customers updated should requirements change," the spokesperson told 7News.

Though it appears not everyone agrees with the decision.

B0BjwZ9ArEiVf16ERzsrEW-DhzyMrx8aRMAAGwRPQelFCNwQj_phWXAk5saqvVxGUqvhsev9ZCCJBmOGu_Wg_dZKnH-yBmVUJFg3ntmyavALlL4OfRUwcMdZhCTxaDKOSfUYeWe0=s0

”People should be vaccinated.” Photo: Marco Bello / Reuters

One person asked on Kmart’s Facebook page, saying, “Are they not letting unvaccinated people shop in the store?”

"Wow never thought Kmart would discriminate so ashamed of them, thought they were a great store, l need to think again," added another angry user, who threatened to boycott the superstore.

The majority of the comments expressed support for the move, saying, “Well, people should be vaccinated.”

"Good on them, I am double vaccinated so don’t have an issue," wrote another.

The state hit the mark of 70 percent of its eligible population being fully vaccinated, enabling retail stores and hospitality venues to open.

Do you agree with Kmart’s decision to only allow fully vaccinated people in their stores?

This article is based on an article written by Kristine Tarbert for Yahoo! Lifestyle.
It is a government requirement not Kmart, they are only following what the govt. stated. Unvaccinated people can only shop for food, medicimedicnes, pet requirements and
I think necessary hardware items.

Yep, discrimination is alive and well in Australia. If you are vaccinated, then you should be protected, if you are not protected then there is no point in having the vaccine. I shall not be bullied and I will remain unvaccinated. I shall just hang in there for another 5 weeks. Unfortunately, my daughter and son-in-law and 3 of my 4 grand daughters have been vaxxed so I am worried sick about them.

Yep, discrimination is alive and well in Australia. If you are vaccinated, then you should be protected, if you are not protected then there is no point in having the vaccine. I shall not be bullied and I will remain unvaccinated. I shall just hang in there for another 5 weeks. Unfortunately, my daughter and son-in-law and 3 of my 4 grand daughters have been vaxxed so I am worried sick about them.
Totally agree, wife and I totally against vaccinations, people carry on about being vaccinated years ago for polio, measels, chicken pox and now malaria they where all natural diseases Covid is a man made bio weapon to wipe out 30% of the worlds population, so many nurses and doctor whistle blowers coming out on sites like Telegram,Youtube and Rumble but you will never see on main stream media WAKE UP PEOPLE….

Reactions: LadyMoonlight
I am patiently waiting for someone to explain to me how Covid (flu) knows that it can attack vaccinated and unvaccinated people in places like Kmart, Sanity and other shops, but it knows that it cannot attack people in banks, chemist shops and supermarkets. How the hell does this work? It is not even logical. Why can the unvaccinated go to a chemist shop but not to Kmart? Why are vaccinated people so worried? They are vaccinated, surely they are protected from us purebloods. The drug companies are making billions of dollars from vaccines that obviously don't protect anyone and the booster shots that will be required year after year will earn them billions more. No wonder I prefer dogs to people...dogs are so much smarter and nicer than most people are!