Elevate your ponytail hairstyle with this beauty guru’s trick!

Frustrated with fine hair that falls flat in a ponytail?

You're not alone.

Thankfully, there’s a trick making waves online that promises to turn lifeless ponytails into voluminous statements, and it's easier than you might think.

Kristen Hollingshaus, a social media personality known for her beauty, fashion, and fitness tips, has captivated her followers with a game-changing hair styling secret.

It's the ideal solution for those longing for a ponytail that’s full and lifted without the need for extensions or excessive teasing.

photo (3).jpg
Kristen tried the viral ponytail trick for fine hair. Credit: @krishaus / TikTok

Kristen started demonstrating her trick with a candid shot of her naturally fine hair.

She began the styling process by applying a flexible hold finishing gel, such as Crown Affair's The Finishing Gel ($64 AUD), to slick back the sides, ensuring the hairstyle is perfectly secure.

Once she applied the gel, Kristen used two different hairbrushes, Glow Beauty ($53 AUD) and Crown Affair ($113 AUD), to smooth and style her hair, keeping stubborn flyaways at bay.

The next part was where the magic happened: Kristen gathered all her hair into one big ponytail, secured it, and then separated the lower half of the pony.

She tied this lower section into a second ponytail, hidden beneath the top layer.

The end result? A full, high, and bouncy ponytail that takes mere minutes to create and lasts all day long.

Her transformation video on social media has gained the attention of her followers, pushing them to try this clever trick with comments like 'Ooh, okay, gotta try!' and 'Your hair is perfect.'

However, some users were sceptical about doing this trick.

‘Girl, if your hair is fine, mine is…invisible,' one commenter quipped.

'As a thin-haired girlie, I need to see what it looks like after a few hours,' another person mused, as it is possible it would lose volume without any teasing or hairspray.

The middle-parted, high ponytail style has been dubbed a part of the 'clean girl’ beauty routine, a minimalist, effortless beauty standard popularised by icons such as Hailey Bieber and Kendall Jenner.

You can watch Kristen’s video below:

Credit: @hauskris / TikTok

While you may use several haircare tools in your vanity area, how do you organise them?

If you want to organise your haircare tools better, Kmart can help you!

In a previous story, a shopper shared a trick using a $5 Kmart item to store and organise her haircare tools. You can read more about her trick here.
Key Takeaways

• Beauty guru Kristen Hollingshaus has shared a beauty trick on social media for creating a voluminous ponytail with fine hair.
  • The trick involves making two ponytails–one on top of the other–to achieve extra volume, which can be done quickly.
  • Kristen demonstrated the trick, starting by slicking back the hair with gel to avoid flyaways and then tying up two separate ponytails.
  • Viewers of the hack responded positively, with some keen to try the trick while others questioned the claim of having fine hair.
What do you think about this ponytail hair routine? Have you tried this hair trick? Let us know in the comments below!

Last edited:
Sponsored
Who in the Seniors Discount Club cares? I'll start. No.
I for one do care as over the last few years my hair has become very fine. But I also cannot imagine the majority of the SDC members being in a position to pay $64 for hair gel.

Reactions: Angela Cockburn
I guess I'm lucky I have alot of hair. At 62 I feel to old to wear a pony tail. I'm more likely to wear a loose bun.

I was very Daring today I coloured my blonde hair light brown. My hairdresser was shocked but pleasantly surprised with the out come. I look so much younger

Reactions: MC12