Egg And Ham Tart

I have been trying new recipes or old recipes with a new twist.

I will be posting loads of recipes over the coming days.

This one is for an Egg and Ham Tart.

See Hints for variations.

Serves 6
Makes 12
Prep 10 minutes
Cooking 25 minutes
Screenshot_20240929_083949_Gallery.jpg

Ingredients

150g diced Ham
1/2 red onion , thinly sliced
100g baby spinach chopped roughly
3 sheets frozen shortcrust pastry thawed
8 eggs, lightly whisked.

Method :
1. Preheat oven to 200°C / 180°C fan-forced
Grease a 12 hole muffin pan.
2. Heat a frying pan over high heat. Add a little oil ( I used oil spray) Add ham , cook for 1 minute . Remove to a plate . Add onion to pan and reduce heat to medium and cook for 2 minutes. Remove to a plate.
3. Add spinach to pan, keep heat at medium. Cook for2 minutes or until softened and wilted, stirring continuously . Remove to a plate
4. Using a 10cm cookie cutter, cut 12 rounds from pastry.
Gently ease pastry into muffin pan.
5. Divide onion, Ham and half the spinach amongst pastry cases. Pour egg into cases. Top with remaining spinach.
6. Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until egg is set and pastry golden.
stand in tray for 5 minutes and serve.
Notes :

1. I serve with a tossed salad

2. You can use any spinach . Ive also used silverbeat but I cook for 4 to 5 minutes rather than 2 minutes fir baby spinach.

3. You can substitute the Ham for bacon which I cook for the same time as the Ham.
I have also used 1 chorizo sausage which I finely chopped and then cooked for 3 minutes

Sponsored