Easy Delicious Vanilla Birthday Cake ( did you say its vegan !!)

This deliciously moist vanilla cake is so easy and delicious and it's VEGAN !!!! no one would know.
I have relatives, if they knew it was vegan they wouldn’t eat it and everytime they have it they comment how delicious it is.

I make this for every birthday cake I now make due to dairy allergies amongst a couple of my grandkids

I made the wresting cake for my sons 21st the other day and the other photos are of other cakes Ive made using same recipe, for baby showers, 1st birthdays, 40th and 21st

Some of the cakes I spread in two pans and some in 3 pans.

Recipe can be halved or doubled

I use this exact ammount for both 2 and 3 tins

Prep: 15minutes mins
Cook: 40 to 45 minutes
Servings: 32 servings

My sons 21st wresting cake

Screenshot_20240413_064149_Gallery.jpg

My grandson and granddaughter's combined 1st birthday cake. Using fondant to make the mickey and minnie mouse. Its easier than you think

Screenshot_20240413_081024_Gallery.jpg
My sons 40th cake

Screenshot_20240413_081101_Gallery.jpg

my daughters bridal shower cake ,amazing what adding fresh flowers can do. This was a 3 tier cake
Screenshot_20240413_081125_Gallery.jpg

This was my daughters baby shower cake. It was a 2 tier cake. The edible pedals were from temu
Screenshot_20240413_081239_Gallery.jpg

This was my granddaughter's 5th birthday cake and was a last minute cake which we turned into a drip cake. This was 2 tier cake

Screenshot_20240413_081316_Gallery.jpg

This was a 3 tier cake using fresh flowers. The edible gold butterfly's were from Temu
Screenshot_20240413_081251_Gallery.jpg

This is a two tier cake before icing and bottom one is this cake before decoring.

Screenshot_20240413_080925_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240413_080921_Gallery.jpg
INGREDIENTS
  • 5 cups plain Flour ( I use cake flour )
  • 4 tablespoons cornflour
  • 2 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 3 cups of white sugar
  • 1.5 cup vegetatable oil , melted coconut oil or vegan butter melted
  • 3 cups unsweetened soya milk, oat milk or rice milk
  • 4 teaspoonsaapple cider vinegar
  • 2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 cup rainbow sprinkles optional
  • vegan vanilla cream recipe at the bottom
  • decorations for cake , even just sprinkles
This is the flour I use

Screenshot_20240413_080935_Gallery.jpg

Instructions​

• Preheat the oven to 175 °C or 155° fan-forced Grease and flour two 8 or 9 inch cake pans with oil. I also like to line the bottom of pans with baking paper to prevent the cakes from sticking to the pans.

• In a large mixing bowl, whisk the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt and sugar together until well combined.

• To the same bowl, pour in the oil, soy milk, apple cider vinegar and vanilla. Mix with the dry ingredients using a large spoon until just combined. Be careful not to over mix, or the cake won't be as soft. Fold in 1/2 cup sprinkles.

• Divide the batter evenly between the cake pans and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
  • Let the cakes cool in the pans for about 10 minutes, then carefully pop them out and place on a cooling rack. You must allow the cakes to cool completely before frosting.
  • I spread frosting between the two layers of cake then spread remaining over to and sides

NOTE

For a smaller cake cut ingredients in exactly half and reduce cooking time to 35 minutes

VEGAN VANILLA FROSTING

• 2 cup vegan butter, softened to room temperature
  • 6 cups icing Sugar
  • 4-6 tablespoons non-dairy milk Eg oat, soya or rice milk
  • 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Instructions​

• In a large mixing bowl with an electric hand mixer, beat the butter until smooth, about 2 minutes.
  • Gradually add the icing sugar, about a cup at a time, and mix starting on low speed gradually increasing to medium, until all the icing sugar is mixed in.
  • Add milk and vanilla and beat on medium speed for 3-4 minutes, until everything is well combined. Scrape the bowl as needed.
  • If the frosting seems too thick, you can add more milk, 1 tablespoon at a time. If the frosting is too thin and runny, simply add more isning sugar 1/2 cup at a time until the desired consistency is reached. ( I have never needed to add more)
  • spread on a cake or anywhere else you'd like. Enjoy!
  • You can make the frosting up to 2 days in advance. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use, then bring it to room temperature before using. It can also be frozen for up to 3 months.

My sons 40th cake and daughters 21st . We did a combined birthday which was during covidScreenshot_20240413_081259_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: James Gutierrez
Sponsored