Easy Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry

shutterstock_2108646254_720.jpg
A yummy and nutritious recipe that you can make in under 20 minutes. Credits: shutterstock

Looking for something that's easy to cook and high in iron? We have just the recipe for you! We've been on the hunt for recipes high in iron lately, as a few of our team members have been a little bit low in energy, and we know iron can help with that. Did you know that beef and broccoli are both very high in iron? And served with some rice, you're filling your body with a meal high in nutrients that are also bound to keep you full.

Ingredients:

500 grams of beef round steak, sliced thin (or any beef of your choice/preference)
500 grams of broccoli florets
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup white or brown rice
2 tablespoon corn starch
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 clove garlic, minced
Toasted sesame seeds for serving (optional)

Instructions:

1. Mix all of the ingredients except beef, broccoli, and oil.

2. Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat.

3. Add the beef and marinade. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often.

4. Add the broccoli and marinade. Cook for about 4 minutes, stirring often.

5. Serve over cooked rice and garnish with toasted sesame seeds (optional).

6. Enjoy!

And there you have it! A delicious and nutritious dish made in under 20 minutes! This is one of the easiest dishes to put together, and the flavours are amazing! It’s quite affordable to make too! Let us know if you’ll give this recipe a go!

Sponsored
Our kind of meal - am definitely forwarding this to my chef! Although, he would want to add Brussels sprouts instead of broccoli!

View attachment 2700
A yummy and nutritious recipe that you can make in under 20 minutes. Credits: shutterstock

Looking for something that's easy to cook and high in iron? We have just the recipe for you! We've been on the hunt for recipes high in iron lately, as a few of our team members have been a little bit low in energy, and we know iron can help with that. Did you know that beef and broccoli are both very high in iron? And served with some rice, you're filling your body with a meal high in nutrients that are also bound to keep you full.

Ingredients:

500 grams of beef round steak, sliced thin (or any beef of your choice/preference)
500 grams of broccoli florets
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup white or brown rice
2 tablespoon corn starch
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 clove garlic, minced
Toasted sesame seeds for serving (optional)

Instructions:

1. Mix all of the ingredients except beef, broccoli, and oil.

2. Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat.

3. Add the beef and marinade. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often.

4. Add the broccoli and marinade. Cook for about 4 minutes, stirring often.

5. Serve over cooked rice and garnish with toasted sesame seeds (optional).

6. Enjoy!

And there you have it! A delicious and nutritious dish made in under 20 minutes! This is one of the easiest dishes to put together, and the flavours are amazing! It’s quite affordable to make too! Let us know if you’ll give this recipe a go!

Hi. You say add the beef and marinade and then the next step is to add the broccoli and marinade. I’m confused as there is no marinade The only thing I can see the the chicken broth, soy sauce,minced garlic etc so if you have that you can’t add it twice

Reactions: KatKop and Ricci
Hi. You say add the beef and marinade and then the next step is to add the broccoli and marinade. I’m confused as there is no marinade The only thing I can see the the chicken broth, soy sauce,minced garlic etc so if you have that you can’t add it twice
Good pick-up, @Sierra040!

It looks as though it should be:
3. Add the beef and sufficient marinade to cover it. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often.

4. Add the broccoli and the remainder of the marinade. Cook for about 4 minutes, stirring often

Reactions: Ricci
Sounds yummy if not cheap. I haven't bought beef in sooo long as it's way too expensive for my budget.:(
I often substitute mince for steak. You can choose beef, lamb, pork, or chicken mince.
It may look different, but still tastes great,

It's also suitable for young children, or people who require "soft food".

Reactions: Ricci