Dyson rolls out their most powerful vacuum yet – here’s what we know and some cheaper alternatives

These days, a lot of us have been spending more time at home than ever before. And while that might sound like a good thing, it also means that we have to deal with cleaning constantly. Yes, we’re looking at you – it’s about time you popped that pile of dirty laundry in the wash.

Luckily, there are plenty of ways to make these monotonous chores easier… One of which is investing in top-notch cleaning appliances. From cordless stick vacuums to Robot cleaners, the market is packed with different types of vacuums to choose from.

But the latest one that’s stealing the spotlight is Dyson’s Gen5detect.

This new cleaning gadget from the British tech giant is being hailed as the ‘most powerful’ one yet. It comes with an impressive array of features that are designed to leave your home spotless.

The only downside is that it costs a small fortune. The $1499 home appliance is the first Dyson product to feature the new fifth generation ‘Hyperdymium motor’, delivering a powerful 262 air watts of suction.

U0Utr9wbdaVigSdYNYH203RseOli_4wu6nXIl4xvFwotsDENSrXQUqq4_eHaqZbScJIgAoMeU703pNU2OTpwhb291rJtcyyL08c7tvsyUHOyXVTWtHaUYliuHO8pWC89LoxCx-_rZaVXXNrByh2cm7ng1j_A-9dyXS0dQ7c9dkuxcsdYKKAivKxLiA

The Gen5detect vacuum is equipped with groundbreaking features. Source: Dyson

It’s also equipped with a high-efficiency particulate air absorbing (HEPA) filter that can capture 99.99 per cent of particles ‘down to a minuscule 0.1 microns’. In addition, it comes with a ‘Fluffy Optic’ cleaner head and improved optic LED technology that helps users visualise where to clean.

The Founder and Chief Engineer at Dyson, James Dyson, said that the new cordless device was a ‘pioneering’ machine that gives homes their ‘deepest ever clean’.

‘The Gen5detect defines Dyson’s next generation of cleaning technology. It is the combination of our dust light optic technology, dust particle counting and sizing, pioneering new motor and whole-machine HEPA filtration, that enables you to achieve our deepest ever clean.’ he said.

Dyson’s latest vacuum also boasts a ‘fully sealed’ filtration system, which ensures it will only expel clean air into your home.

‘The best filter cannot provide clean air if there is an opportunity for the dirty air to leak out of the machine – so our engineers worked hard to ensure that all our Dyson vacuums have whole-machine filtration.’ Charlie Park, the Vice President of Floorcare at Dyson added.

Source: EFTMOnline

Other features on the Dyson Gen5detect cordless vacuum include a new digital interface that now shows users in real-time when their surface is clean.

Most importantly, you won’t potentially break your back trying to carry the appliance around. It weighs 3.5 kilograms and is paired with a 0.77-litre bin that you don’t have to touch to empty. Quite posh, eh?

But of course, most of us don’t have an extra $1499 to splurge for a high-tech vacuum. Regardless of how remarkable the features are, such a price tag can easily scare away anyone!

With that in mind, we present to you two other cheaper alternatives to consider, kicking things off with BIG W’s Contempo 2-in-1 Vacuum.

r-ajy5CxCi6eEK6eqwEzrDmNUU4nDsb2TOU4gAxcY0DthIVfAukji1VR5MPjURUzH4Oc7cwjSsEqaKMwvzsp-yuHNwwE-7pWvaVG0FJFFM_QYJ44VP7VY_MUDyM1yQki0VkrAE8tZOISEGx0T-Doqd81ghyWnmwvj_Qg70M8b23EadfudUPbRW6RPw
2xPMce4Lj1Uu6-Tw7nIqoN7WcOv7nv9S28A2zKQg5jEOFsTcbCD5NQvv_FO54Ew5JKYIeVdyeeMab8_oxyN4NH8wkqLdAtornEs4dn6SZLwuqL8DBCc9xmuVhsQpf0zad4ZFUViOUlpLt0yUEU1lKOaJr6sEY6IYca5g_VGpnikUPGOMdBMyHBy-4g

Two cheaper alternatives have developed a cult following. Source: BIG W, Kmart

While it doesn’t have any of the flashy features of the new Dyson vacuum, this $29 stick vacuum has been tried and tested – and thousands of Aussies love it.

‘BIG W’s Contempo Cordless vacuum has an amazing long-life battery. It’s great for carpets and is cheap! I swear this is better quality and performance than a Dyson vacuum. It even vacuums up 5-cent coins with ease.’ one customer wrote on Product Review Au.

Kmart’s 2-in-1 Cordless Stick Vacuum also received high ratings on its website for being ‘easy to use, lightweight, and efficient’.

‘After researching stick vacuum cleaners I was impressed with the reviews of this cleaner. I was a bit sceptical because it was so cheap, however, I decided to buy it and I am so happy with my purchase.’ one senior shopper said.

‘I am a pensioner with mobility issues, living in a one-bedroom unit and this cleaner is perfect. First of all, it is extremely easy to assemble. It is lightweight, very easy to use, and has good suction, especially on second speed.’

‘Everything about this vacuum cleaner is easy. No cords to fight with and just fabulous in my opinion.’ they continued.

There you have it, everyone! Vacuums don’t have to set you back thousands of dollars to do the job right.

What are your thoughts about Dyson vacuums? What vacuum would YOU recommend to others? Share it with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
Big words dont make the added expense worth the effort. You still have to push it around. And unless you live in an empty house, robot vacuums are useless. They trip on rugs. They also need to do better with the battery life. Rant over.

These days, a lot of us have been spending more time at home than ever before. And while that might sound like a good thing, it also means that we have to deal with cleaning constantly. Yes, we’re looking at you – it’s about time you popped that pile of dirty laundry in the wash.

Luckily, there are plenty of ways to make these monotonous chores easier… One of which is investing in top-notch cleaning appliances. From cordless stick vacuums to Robot cleaners, the market is packed with different types of vacuums to choose from.

This new cleaning gadget from the British tech giant is being hailed as the ‘most powerful’ one yet. It comes with an impressive array of features that are designed to leave your home spotless.

The only downside is that it costs a small fortune. The $1499 home appliance is the first Dyson product to feature the new fifth generation ‘Hyperdymium motor’, delivering a powerful 262 air watts of suction.

U0Utr9wbdaVigSdYNYH203RseOli_4wu6nXIl4xvFwotsDENSrXQUqq4_eHaqZbScJIgAoMeU703pNU2OTpwhb291rJtcyyL08c7tvsyUHOyXVTWtHaUYliuHO8pWC89LoxCx-_rZaVXXNrByh2cm7ng1j_A-9dyXS0dQ7c9dkuxcsdYKKAivKxLiA

It’s also equipped with a high-efficiency particulate air absorbing (HEPA) filter that can capture 99.99 per cent of particles ‘down to a minuscule 0.1 microns’. In addition, it comes with a ‘Fluffy Optic’ cleaner head and improved optic LED technology that helps users visualise where to clean.

The Founder and Chief Engineer at Dyson, James Dyson, said that the new cordless device was a ‘pioneering’ machine that gives homes their ‘deepest ever clean’.

‘The Gen5detect defines Dyson’s next generation of cleaning technology. It is the combination of our dust light optic technology, dust particle counting and sizing, pioneering new motor and whole-machine HEPA filtration, that enables you to achieve our deepest ever clean.’ he said.

Dyson’s latest vacuum also boasts a ‘fully sealed’ filtration system, which ensures it will only expel clean air into your home.

‘The best filter cannot provide clean air if there is an opportunity for the dirty air to leak out of the machine – so our engineers worked hard to ensure that all our Dyson vacuums have whole-machine filtration.’ Charlie Park, the Vice President of Floorcare at Dyson added.

Other features on the Dyson Gen5detect cordless vacuum include a new digital interface that now shows users in real-time when their surface is clean.

Most importantly, you won’t potentially break your back trying to carry the appliance around. It weighs 3.5 kilograms and is paired with a 0.77-litre bin that you don’t have to touch to empty. Quite posh, eh?

But of course, most of us don’t have an extra $1499 to splurge for a high-tech vacuum. Regardless of how remarkable the features are, such a price tag can easily scare away anyone!

With that in mind, we present to you two other cheaper alternatives to consider, kicking things off with BIG W’s Contempo 2-in-1 Vacuum.

r-ajy5CxCi6eEK6eqwEzrDmNUU4nDsb2TOU4gAxcY0DthIVfAukji1VR5MPjURUzH4Oc7cwjSsEqaKMwvzsp-yuHNwwE-7pWvaVG0FJFFM_QYJ44VP7VY_MUDyM1yQki0VkrAE8tZOISEGx0T-Doqd81ghyWnmwvj_Qg70M8b23EadfudUPbRW6RPw
2xPMce4Lj1Uu6-Tw7nIqoN7WcOv7nv9S28A2zKQg5jEOFsTcbCD5NQvv_FO54Ew5JKYIeVdyeeMab8_oxyN4NH8wkqLdAtornEs4dn6SZLwuqL8DBCc9xmuVhsQpf0zad4ZFUViOUlpLt0yUEU1lKOaJr6sEY6IYca5g_VGpnikUPGOMdBMyHBy-4g

While it doesn’t have any of the flashy features of the new Dyson vacuum, this $29 stick vacuum has been tried and tested – and thousands of Aussies love it.

‘BIG W’s Contempo Cordless vacuum has an amazing long-life battery. It’s great for carpets and is cheap! I swear this is better quality and performance than a Dyson vacuum. It even vacuums up 5-cent coins with ease.’ one customer wrote on Product Review Au.

Kmart’s 2-in-1 Cordless Stick Vacuum also received high ratings on its website for being ‘easy to use, lightweight, and efficient’.

‘After researching stick vacuum cleaners I was impressed with the reviews of this cleaner. I was a bit sceptical because it was so cheap, however, I decided to buy it and I am so happy with my purchase.’ one senior shopper said.

‘I am a pensioner with mobility issues, living in a one-bedroom unit and this cleaner is perfect. First of all, it is extremely easy to assemble. It is lightweight, very easy to use, and has good suction, especially on second speed.’

‘Everything about this vacuum cleaner is easy. No cords to fight with and just fabulous in my opinion.’ they continued.

There you have it, everyone! Vacuums don’t have to set you back thousands of dollars to do the job right.

What are your thoughts about Dyson vacuums? What vacuum would YOU recommend to others? Share it with us in the comments below!

Recently my Dyson stick vacuum had an issue with the trigger staying on, wouldn't turn off. So I call Dyson to see if it could be repaired, no , they don't repair the trigger the whole motor has to be replaced at a cost of $199 for them to do the repair or $149 for the part only and I presume that doesn't include postage, ridiculous. Then they suggested I purchase a new one direct from them at $500-$1100 and replacement batteries are expensive too. For such an expensive vacuum, that they say is the best, they only give a 2 year warranty. I won't be buying a Dyson, will be looking for a cheaper one, especially if I have to keep replacing batteries and the cleaner every few years.

Reactions: Zoya and Ricci
I bought a Dyson V6 Cord Free a number of years ago. I hate it. The 'stick' does not pick up anything larger than dust and fluff particles. It throws aside small bits of, anything really, which my over 40 year old Amway upright sucks up from 5cm away.

I love my LG Cord Zero. I comes with 2 x batteries, that last around 45 minutes each. The suction is great & it doesn't spit anything out the sides. It cleans right up to skirting boards, too. No trigger to constantly hold & it's not too heavy either. I bought it around 5 years ago, as I have carpeted stairs & nearly tripped trying to use a regular vacuum. The regular attachments are great, but I didn't bother paying extra for the mop - which can only use plain, cold water (+$100) nor the mattress cleaning head (+$100). I paid $799 for the base model.

Reactions: Zoya

I have a Dyson (purchased quite a few years ago now) & a Va

I have a Dyson (purchased quite a few years ago) & a Vax cordless pet vac , which was about 1/4 the price of the Dyson & performs equally as well as the Dyson. At $1500 the new model Dyson is way out of reach of many, especially us poor pensioners !! I’m sure the cheaper Kmart (& similar) models do an adequate job but Ud be surprised if they were good enough to clean up pet hair with much success. The Vax does a brilliant job cleaning up pet hair!

Reactions: SandyM