Duchess of Cornwall ‘dreads’ spotlight when Prince Charles becomes King, wants to avoid comparisons to Diana

The Duchess of Cornwall is 'dreading' the spotlight that will be shone onto her when Prince Charles becomes King, a royal expert has claimed.

KJKLxEEFFl_p3yyV9URHbJ_ye1iVW9e7aoxTA1vnkjOpE4hn7MFXdpo4mFQKsMiLsVNAY4AGYt7SwIuqbPgqU3Y8u0w3UASFqBKuBsm1JnhFFIkgetunu5UnlZ3muI2Zl1R0zgtz

Camilla was married to Prince Charles in 2005. Photo by Tim Graham / Getty Images via Biography.
After a weekend representing the Queen on Remembrance Sunday, Camilla was praised as 'wonderful', joining Kate Middleton and Sophie Wessex in putting on a united front.

However, according to royal biographer Penny Junor, the Duchess of Cornwall will face a 'very difficult time' when the Prince of Wales ascends to the throne.

“She is a normal woman who, because of her relationship with Charles, has found herself in an abnormal situation,” said Ms Junor.

“I don't think titles do it for her, and the prospect of being Queen or Princess Consort, the fuss there will be at the time, the comparisons to Diana, it will be a very difficult time for her.”

The royal expert predicted that Camilla would be Queen rather than Princess Consort because 'Charles is so proud' and 'grateful' for her.

Camilla travelled to Jordan on Sunday with her husband Prince Charles, on their first overseas engagement since March 2020.

After landing in Amman, Jordan's capital, to a guard of honour, the royals were whisked to meet King Abdullah II and Queen Rania at the Al Husseiniya Palace.

The guard of honour, red carpet and time spent with Jordan's king and queen is likely to serve as a reminder that public life - and the media glare - will only ramp up further when Charles takes the throne.

Another insider described the 74-year-old duchess: “She understands how strange the world of the Royal Family can be, and how the public sees that, and knows that at times her husband, the Prince of Wales, can't see that.”

According to them, Camilla has 'none of the apparatus' of Royal life at her house in Wiltshire and engages in a 'fairly normal existence.

“It means she is better able than almost anyone else to persuade certain members of the Royal Family of a certain point of view that they might not see otherwise.”

By royal law, Camilla will automatically become Queen Consort when Charles becomes King, but advisors continue to debate whether she should use a lesser title to avoid controversy.

Reports say that she intends to be known as ‘Princess Consort’.

Sponsored
She's got nothing to worry about. According to Nostradamus, Charles will never be king. Do I believe in Nostradamus? No I don't. I also don't believe in so-called royal families except that they make good tourist attractions!

Last edited:
Reactions: Hel and Vinylted
Do you really think this might happen? She's been in the family long enough for any drama to already have been dealt with.

Reactions: Hel
This is what happens when families interfere in relationships. She should have been his first wife anyway. Time everyone got over it.

Reactions: KatKop
Camilla was his first true love, and I still believe his marriage to Diana was insisted upon so as to secure heirs to the throne. They are happy together, I hope the media leave them alone, as they encourage all the bad feelings towards the pair.

Camilla was his first true love, and I still believe his marriage to Diana was insisted upon so as to secure heirs to the throne. They are happy together, I hope the media leave them alone, as they encourage all the bad feelings towards the pair.
she deserves every bit of it!