Drivers make these bold excuses to avoid a $2,764 speeding fine and suspension

In traffic infringements, there's a fine line between a reasonable excuse and a far-fetched tale.

Recently, a NSW driver found himself on the wrong side of this line—and the law—when he was caught speeding a staggering 55km/h over the limit.

His excuse? A pressing need to 'use the washroom’.

Around 11:20 PM on Friday, 12 July, at Parramatta Rd, Burwood, police clocked a white Subaru travelling at 111km/h in a 60km/h zone.

When pulled over, the driver told the officers, ‘I need to use the washroom.’

449860854_475792085173474_3745489877171782964_n.jpg
The police pulled over a car for driving over the speed limit. Credit: Traffic and Highway Patrol Command - NSW Police Force / Facebook

The man was charged a $2,764 fine for exceeding the speed limit by more than 45km/h and a six-month suspension of his license.

But wait, there's more. In a separate incident, NSW highway patrol police encountered another speedster with a different yet equally bold excuse.

A P-plater was caught driving at a blistering 124km/h in a 60km/h zone in Agnes Banks.

The police pulled the 18-year-old driver over, and they stated, ‘The driver was asked about his speed, and his response was, “I had an argument at a party, and when I left, I was pissed off”.

To add to his woes, his car was missing the mandatory P-plates, which he claimed ‘must have flown off.'

The outcome was a similar penalty notice for exceeding the speed limit by more than 45km/h, not displaying P-plates and a six-month license suspension.

In a similar story, a driver in western Sydney was pulled over for driving over the speed limit and provided a ‘crazy’ excuse.

Comments on social media expressed concern about the incident. What was their excuse? Find out by reading the story here.
Key Takeaways
  • A NSW driver was fined $2764 and had his licence suspended for six months after speeding 55km/h over the limit.
  • The driver claimed he was speeding because he urgently needed to 'use the washroom'.
  • An 18-year-old P-plater gave a brazen excuse for driving double the speed limit after an argument at a party.
  • The P-plater also received a fine and a six-month licence suspension for speeding and not displaying his P-plates.
Have you encountered reckless drivers on the road? Do you believe the penalties for speeding are adequate? Share your thoughts and experiences in the comments below.

Reactions: Dynamo
Sponsored