Drew Barrymore spills the tea on a Charlie’s Angels feud from decades ago

Drew Barrymore spills the tea on a Charlie’s Angels feud from decades ago
“Do you want to know what happened? Do you want me to spill the tea?”

hHrqDJz8HRKd5c6cgHTBq5vvRv9uPIuIxkoo0KQXoEElA0i7ijRuvVwI7L2rE5vBUDTgzy8hNImkUCG4ritg1a853ykDQg1UlJwcV7xR9UFRrBXEfRI8W9_kEgOTsjg4JPCV0Tnf=s0
Drew Barrymore on “The Drew Barrymore Show. Photo by Ben Watts

During Tuesday’s episode of “The Drew Barrymore Show”, the former Charlie’s Angels star Drew Barrymore scooped out some details about the beef between her co-stars Lucy Liu and Bill Murray.

“Lucy is out there right now talking about her instance with Bill Murray,” the show host said three months after Liu addressed the incident during a podcast interview.

Last July, the Kill Bill actress recalled on the Los Angeles Times’ Asian Enough podcast that she and Murray were rehearsing for a scene that had been reworked while he was away at a family gathering.

During the podcast, Liu mentioned that as they were doing the scene, Bill started to hurl insults. She didn’t get into the specifics of what was said but recalled how it kept going on and on, and that Murray seemed to look straight at her during the exchange.

“I say, ‘I’m so sorry, are you talking to me?’” The 71-year-old actor then proceeded to zero in on her, then it started to become just between the two of them. “Some of the language was inexcusable and unacceptable, and I was not going to just sit there and take it,” Lucy continued.

nK_HJn8F8VUJ0GI3vw27IjWMpwuDKjR3zA4TnfWSOVW1vkxP9zDZ80ZuexAYYJ0dSo7w2pxYss706KOhBzn46KtJtv37JBD-2sTP5bKeAEyTMHveq10Yli6spwafU_rnjIzLDJjf=s0
Barrymore, Murray, and Liu from 2000’s Charlie’s Angels. Photo from Columbia Pictures/Courtesy Everett.

Barrymore went on to recount what she remembers occurred on set, saying: “What really happened was Bill was just in a — you know, comedians can be a little dark sometimes — and he just came in in a bad mood.”

But she applauds how her co-star stood up for herself and believes that even with the unfortunate circumstances, something great still came out.

Liu then went on to say that she does not regret standing her ground against Murray, and the 52-year-old actress admitted that she now has “nothing against'' the actor. She even said that he was “perfectly nice” when they managed to bump into each other at a taping of Saturday Night Live.

This piece is based on an article by Andrew Court in the New York Post.​

Sponsored