SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Vella Gonzaga

Vella Gonzaga

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2021
Do you have any hilarious and unforgettable memories with your friends?

Hey, members!

Are you ready to share some hilarious memories with your friends? I have one that still has me chuckling to myself, and it happened just last week. Remember when I went camping with some of my girlfriends last Easter? Let's just say things got a little wild. The highlight of the trip? A chamber pot. Yes, you read that right. Our walk to the toilet was just too far, and we were feeling a little lazy (and drunk to even walk for a few metres), so one of my friends decided to bring her chamber pot out of nowhere! Add in some enthusiastic drinking, and you've got yourself a recipe for some late-night shenanigans. I won't spoil the details, but let's just say it was a memorable experience.

So, do you have any unforgettable memories with your friends? Share them with us in the comments below, and let's all have a good laugh together!

Optimized-duy-pham-Cecb0_8Hx-o-unsplash (1).jpg
Credits: Unsplash

I was a maintenance carpenter on the idyllic (at the time) Island resort of South Molle in the Whitsunday passage in the early eighties. I clearly remember on our day off, getting way past inebriated, with three fellow worker mates, while playing cards, just outside of one of the beach cabins.

We were having a highly enjoyable time, laughing drinking and joking.

Then it started to rain, which very soon turned into an extremely heavy far north Queensland downpour, accompanied by huge wind gusts that blew over chairs and tables etc, all around us and it even took our beach umbrella away ...tumbling.

Being young Australian males, we remained oblivious to the change of weather and unphased by such trivialities. We stoically kept on playing, though we were only just able to see each other across the card table, in the storm.

We kept drinking. I was the dealer and peeled off cards, from a now very well saturated pack, which were then peeled off the table quite hilariously, by all extremely drunk players reveling in the moment. It would have made for a great movie scene.

I recall us looking totally sodden, like four cats in a bathtub, Andie's hand rolled cigarette, gradually obliterating in the rain, our hats completely losing their integrity.

The drinking continued of course. Simon made a valiant attempt to shuffle the saturated cards. However, as I recall this ended the card game, as all he had to work with after that, was a ball of sloppy paper.

Yep, the best card game I have ever played, more like the mad hatter's party, with other characters. Alice it's true, came and scolded us to come and get in out of the rainstorm.

We were driving an English car in France - steering wheel on the right. I was sitting in the left front passenger seat. We were stopped by the Gendarmerie and I was breathalysed
They didn't' notice that the car wasn't a French car with the steering wheel on the left, and I was not therefore the driver!

• Haha
Reactions: Jonathan Leane
I was hitchhiking in Perth aged about 17. An old fj holden/? (My minds a bit foggy on the vehicle) he came up, flashed his lights, but went past me about twenty feet.

He called out "HOLD ON!" and reversed, but the vehicle passed me again by about ten feet and He called out waving "Come on!" I ran and opened the car door to see a guy about 19 years old, sitting with a shifter spanner holding the nut where the steering wheel goes on.

My being a young larrakin minded Australian at the time, found this hilarious and I jumped in. I was shocked to see that every time the need came to change gears, he ducked his head down low and reached through the hole in the floor where the gear stick should be and then upon re sitting, he said "wait a minute wait a minute... THERE! got ya!" as he relocated the shifter on the steering wheel nut.

I only went about five miles and said it was my stop and hopped out.

It wasn't as much fun being in a no roadworthy car, with a stranger I had not met before. The vehicle often changed lanes when the shifter slipped of the steering wheel nut and the brakes had to be furiously pumped before we even slowed down and we stopped only with the hand brake.

He was extremely jovial, but yes, far more than a bit reckless. His brother-in-law was to organize a tow truck evidently to collect it, but he figured to save the money and just drive straight down the highway as it was about ten miles and take it there himself.

His brother-in-law had removed, the steering wheel so he wouldn't drive it.

Last edited:
Reactions: HappyPam
Do you have any hilarious and unforgettable memories with your friends?

Hey, members!

Are you ready to share some hilarious memories with your friends? I have one that still has me chuckling to myself, and it happened just last week. Remember when I went camping with some of my girlfriends last Easter? Let's just say things got a little wild. The highlight of the trip? A chamber pot. Yes, you read that right. Our walk to the toilet was just too far, and we were feeling a little lazy (and drunk to even walk for a few metres), so one of my friends decided to bring her chamber pot out of nowhere! Add in some enthusiastic drinking, and you've got yourself a recipe for some late-night shenanigans. I won't spoil the details, but let's just say it was a memorable experience.

So, do you have any unforgettable memories with your friends? Share them with us in the comments below, and let's all have a good laugh together!

View attachment 17435
Credits: Unsplash

Years ago my friend and I were meeting a group at a tavern near Heathrow for a farewell get together hence we were all dolled up. We got to the venue and as we were walking through the venue my friend lost her half petticoat . Unfortunately it couldn't be discretely picked up it was the days of the fru ,fru and they were enormous all hoops and frills think I was more embarrassed than she was,she scooped it up and went straight to the ladies

Quite a while ago, Speeding Drivers had to contend with a device called an Amphometer which was two fluid filled rubber tubes placed at a determined distance across the road to read a Cars speed by the time it took to cross both tubes. If above the speed limit, the outcome was relayed to a waiting line of Motorcycle Police in the next Street who would give chase and issue Infringement Notices. I was speeding down the Main Rd and realized I was in trouble when I ran over the Tubes. So as I passed the line of Motorcycle Police I Blew my horn and waved like mad. It was SO hilarious to see each Patrolman turn his head to the rear obviously saying "Do you know him?" all the way down the line. I was well gone by then!

• Haha
Reactions: Pink lion