DIY Christmas gift idea using affordable items – perfect for craft lovers!

We love it when people use creativity when coming up with gift ideas for the holidays, especially when those presents don't break the bank.

Those extra savings can be put towards something else – like a hearty Christmas dinner for the family or maybe even a nice bottle of wine to enjoy with the holiday desserts!

Here, we'll show you how one savvy shopper came up with a brilliant way to repurpose some simple household items and turn them into a one-of-a-kind gift for someone special.

You'll be surprised at how good the result looks!

Screen Shot 2022-12-09 at 10.25.53 AM.png
These custom candles were made by a clever DIYer using only pillar candles from Kmart and printed napkins from Woolies. Credit: Facebook.

This awesome idea was shared by a Kmart fan on a popular Facebook group, where she also offered a few words of wisdom for anyone thinking about trying it at home.

'Gotta love turning Kmart items into Xmas gifts,' she wrote in the caption. 'It's easier than it looks.'

All you need for this project is a set of Kmart's $13 white pillar candles (which comes in a 5-pack) and a packet of napkins from Woolworths (or any store, really), and you're good to go. Using just these two things, she was able to come up with something truly unique that looked beautiful and special!

Here's how to do it: Just cut the napkin, so it fits nicely around the candle, then use an iron or heat gun (on the lowest setting) to 'stamp' your design onto the wax. Voila! A perfect, one-of-a-kind Christmas gift. And all for under $20! You can't beat that.

The best part is that you can use any type or design of napkin or even print out personalised photos if you're feeling extra crafty. The possibilities are endless!

Just make sure you use the iron on the lowest setting so that the candle doesn't lose its shape. Also, the key is to have the edges melt onto the candle.

For more detailed instructions on how to do this DIY project, you can also watch the video below:

Credit: Jane Allmark.

Her fellow DIYers in the Facebook group were clearly just as impressed as we were and even offered a few tips of their own.

'I love this! So much so that I ran down to Kmart and Woolies and am doing some right now. Though I may need some practice as my napkins aren't that smooth! Thank you!' one user wrote in the comments.

Another added: 'They really are gorgeous; I would love to give it a go!'

'You can use a heat gun instead of an iron. Also, you can stamp onto tissue paper with ink and make your own designs,' a third went on to suggest.
Key Takeaways

• A creative Kmart shopper has shared a great Christmas gift idea using a pair of unlikely items.
  • The shopper used an iron to 'stamp' the design from a napkin onto her candles, creating a set of truly unique gifts.
  • The key to achieving a clean look is to have the iron on the lowest setting so the candle doesn't lose its shape.

We think this is a fantastic idea for anyone who likes to get a bit creative with their Christmas gifts. It's personal, thoughtful, and won't break the bank. What more could you ask for?

Other than that, this craft activity is therapeutic and easy enough for anyone to try at home! Head down to your local Kmart or Woolies today and give it a go. We bet your friends and family will be so impressed with your creative skills.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Sponsored
We love it when people use creativity when coming up with gift ideas for the holidays, especially when those presents don't break the bank.

Those extra savings can be put towards something else – like a hearty Christmas dinner for the family or maybe even a nice bottle of wine to enjoy with the holiday desserts!

Here, we'll show you how one savvy shopper came up with a brilliant way to repurpose some simple household items and turn them into a one-of-a-kind gift for someone special.

You'll be surprised at how good the result looks!

View attachment 10244
These custom candles were made by a clever DIYer using only pillar candles from Kmart and printed napkins from Woolies. Credit: Facebook.

This awesome idea was shared by a Kmart fan on a popular Facebook group, where she also offered a few words of wisdom for anyone thinking about trying it at home.

'Gotta love turning Kmart items into Xmas gifts,' she wrote in the caption. 'It's easier than it looks.'

All you need for this project is a set of Kmart's $13 white pillar candles (which comes in a 5-pack) and a packet of napkins from Woolworths (or any store, really), and you're good to go. Using just these two things, she was able to come up with something truly unique that looked beautiful and special!

Here's how to do it: Just cut the napkin, so it fits nicely around the candle, then use an iron or heat gun (on the lowest setting) to 'stamp' your design onto the wax. Voila! A perfect, one-of-a-kind Christmas gift. And all for under $20! You can't beat that.

The best part is that you can use any type or design of napkin or even print out personalised photos if you're feeling extra crafty. The possibilities are endless!

Just make sure you use the iron on the lowest setting so that the candle doesn't lose its shape. Also, the key is to have the edges melt onto the candle.

For more detailed instructions on how to do this DIY project, you can also watch the video below:

Credit: Jane Allmark.

Her fellow DIYers in the Facebook group were clearly just as impressed as we were and even offered a few tips of their own.

'I love this! So much so that I ran down to Kmart and Woolies and am doing some right now. Though I may need some practice as my napkins aren't that smooth! Thank you!' one user wrote in the comments.

Another added: 'They really are gorgeous; I would love to give it a go!'

'You can use a heat gun instead of an iron. Also, you can stamp onto tissue paper with ink and make your own designs,' a third went on to suggest.
Key Takeaways

• A creative Kmart shopper has shared a great Christmas gift idea using a pair of unlikely items.
  • The shopper used an iron to 'stamp' the design from a napkin onto her candles, creating a set of truly unique gifts.
  • The key to achieving a clean look is to have the iron on the lowest setting so the candle doesn't lose its shape.

We think this is a fantastic idea for anyone who likes to get a bit creative with their Christmas gifts. It's personal, thoughtful, and won't break the bank. What more could you ask for?

Other than that, this craft activity is therapeutic and easy enough for anyone to try at home! Head down to your local Kmart or Woolies today and give it a go. We bet your friends and family will be so impressed with your creative skills.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

My wife has been doing this activity for years, she prints photos of what she needs on tissue paper and then wraps grease proof paper around the candle. The uses a hairdryer on low setting. This ensures the picture melts into the candle nicely/