Discover this $9.99 ALDI lip balm that beauty lovers swear is just as good as its $62 designer version

For those who love keeping up with beauty trends, nothing is more exciting than being able to get your hands on the perfect makeup must-have.

But what’s even better is scoring a high-quality dupe of a designer item that works even better than the original.

So, for ALDI shoppers who are also fans of luxury makeup, this one’s for you!

Shoppers have been raving about a seriously under-the-radar product – found right in the affordable aisles of your local ALDI!

Dubbed a ‘beautiful product’ by many, ALDI’s Lacura Beauty Ultra Glow Lip Balm is the same quality and look as the famously must-try product, Dior’s $62 Addict Lip Glow.

aldi1.jpg
A side-by-side comparison of ALDI’s lip balm and Dior’s lip balm. Credit: ALDI Australia/Dior

ALDI’s lip balm comes in three tantalising shades – Sheer Pink, Coral Red, and Runway Red. According to the product description, the lip balm aims to ‘awaken your lips with instant moisture that delivers an elegant colour for a soft, gloss finish’.

With a budget-friendly price tag of just $9.99, it’s not surprising that this buy has become increasingly popular among beauty lovers and ALDI fans alike.

Dupes are always a great way to achieve a makeup look, and this one is no exception. But what really has customers buzzing is the similar colour options, formulations, and packaging to the famous Dior lip balm, making it an excellent high-quality alternative.

Only available for a limited time each year, ALDI's dupe has gained even more popularity since the Dior gloss was labelled a make-up 'must-have.'

aldi2.jpg
Many are unwilling to spend $62 for lip gloss. Credit: Yasmin.falastini/TikTok

Makeup enthusiasts on social media have also been giving ALDI’s lip balm rave reviews.

A Sydney shopper named Yasmin recently picked up the must-have beauty item from her local ALDI store and was completely overwhelmed with the purchase.

‘I’m so excited because ALDI has brought back the Dior lip balm dupes,’ she said in a clip she uploaded online.

‘I missed out last time, so I'm very keen to try it,’ she continued.

Yasmin also tested the products on her hand and showcased the hydrating formula on video. ‘It’s so balmy and hydrating, and it has such a nice colour to it!’ She exclaimed.

You can watch Yasmin’s video below:

Her followers seemed to agree with her statement and also shared their love for the product.

‘I got sheer pink, and it’s perfect for anyone who wants a subtle pink. It also tastes like the tattoo roll-ups, which is always amazing,’ one wrote.

‘Ahh, a Dior lip dupe,’ someone commented.

‘Need the red one,’ another stated.

While someone else tagged their friends and remarked how the colours looked ‘gorgeous’.

‘I bought the runway red and coral red. They are so good!’ Someone replied.

One more added: ‘The packaging is almost identical – no one will even know the difference from far away!’

Skye, another beauty lover, shared that ALDI’s lip balm is ‘balmy and hydrating’ and went on to say that it ‘has such a nice colour to it’.

‘This is literally a dupe. I love my Dior balm, but I couldn’t bring myself to spend [$62] again. It’s unreasonable,’ she added.

Others chimed in with equally glowing reviews.

‘This is so affordable and feels just like the original,’ another added. ‘Beautiful product,’ someone replied.
Key Takeaways
  • Shoppers are raving about ALDI's Lacura Beauty Ultra Glow Lip Balm, which is said to be a perfect dupe for Dior's $62 Addict Lip Glow Lip Balm.
  • The ALDI lip balm is priced at just $9.99 and is available in Sheer Pink, Coral Red, and Runway Red shades.
  • Beauty lovers claim the colours, formulation, and packaging make it the ideal budget alternative to the high-end Dior gloss.
  • The popularity of ALDI’s lip balm has surged since the Dior gloss was labelled a makeup 'must-have’.
But the question that you all might be asking is: are dupes worth buying?

The popularity of budget-friendly alternatives to more expensive products shows no signs of slowing down as more shoppers of all ages are looking for ways to save money while still maintaining the quality they look for in any item.

But the quality of dupes has improved these past few years. So, even though they’re much cheaper, they still provide the same results as their pricier counterparts. What’s even better is that they are often made with the same ingredients.

This means that if you’re looking for a way to switch up your beauty routine without breaking the bank, dupes could be the way to go.

That said, are you willing to give ALDI’s lip balm a try? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!

Sponsored
This dupe is certainly worth $9.99. When you consider good named lippies like Revlon can sell full price for $26.99 these balms with added colour are definitely good value. I grabbed some to go towards my two daughter's birthday gift parcels and the sheer pink is just right for Mumma Bear lol

Reactions: Zoya and Ricci