Discover this $49 product from Kmart that will help you with damp laundry woes!

As we head deeper into spring, warmer weather may have us hoping our laundry miseries aren't as pressing of an issue.

But with cooler nights still making an appearance from time to time, you might find yourself in need of a quick-drying solution.

Fortunately, Kmart now has the solution to the laundry woes of many!

They've recently revealed a cleverly designed $49 gadget, which shoppers say is the ultimate answer to all their damp clothing problems.

It's a Portable Clothes Dryer that offers a lot more than your average hanger can. It comes complete with a heater and a cloth cover that’s easy to zip around your clothes for 1-2 hour drying sessions.

Kmart recently demonstrated this product through a video posted on social media.

'It's a portable clothes dryer–zip it up in this case, turn on the timer, and it dries your wet clothes in 1-2 hours. I don't have a dryer, this keeps me organised [and I can] count on my clothes being dry when I need them,' the narrator said.

FB resize 123.jpg
This Portable Clothes Dryer from Kmart can dry clothes in 1-2 hours. Image source: Kmart Australia.

Kmart shoppers were quick to express their excitement about the practical gadget.

'I love mine!' said one customer. 'I hang my work shirts, and I don't have to iron them anymore!'

'I had one of these when I was living in shared living with no dryer—the best!' agreed another.

And a third said: 'I loved it, especially during the winter months.'

Others had some bright potential alternative uses for the dryer.

'Hear me out…towel warmer in winter!' one user suggested.

'It would also be good for school uniforms or could even double as a heater,' suggested another.

But not everyone was convinced by the product. Many have expressed their concerns over potential fire hazards, soaring electricity bills, shrinking clothes, and the possibility of household mould.

'When Kmart took “this product is fire” literally,' one commenter quipped.

Another bluntly said: 'It's a big no from me.'

'And it comes with a free house fire,' a third added.

You can watch Kmart’s full video below:

Amid all the concerns and criticisms, other users had a cheeky suggestion that could be just as effective for getting your clothes dry.

'1-2 hours? [Have] you ever heard of the sun? Works just as fast,' they said.

This nifty Portable Clothes Dryer may be the cheaper alternative to drying your clothes, especially for those with limited space.

However, it always pays to be careful and be more attentive when using this product to avoid any potential problems.
Key Takeaways
  • Many customers are raving about Kmart’s $49 Portable Clothes Dryer.
  • The portable item, which doubles as a hanger, can have clothes dry within 1-2 hours thanks to its heater function and cloth cover.
  • The retailer shared the gadget on social media, with users expressing enthusiasm about the product and suggesting various uses.
  • However, some customers expressed safety concerns about the product, fearing potential fire hazards, high electricity usage, clothes shrinking, and mould.
Do you have other tips on how to dry clothes faster? Or how to make laundry tasks easier? Share them with us in the comments below!

Reactions: Lesle and LeslieD
Sponsored
Watched the video which was done in America!!! The voice of the woman doing it was so annoying and awful it was enough to make me scream! Awful!

• Love
Reactions: Veggiepatch
We seldom use our dryer as we can still hang clothes on portable dryer racks under our patio (in the event of rain) and, best of all, in the sun on the clothes line. If rain is expected we don’t wash sheets and towels till we have good sunny weather (we have enough sets to be able to change them regularly) and wash during good weather.

As we head deeper into spring, warmer weather may have us hoping our laundry miseries aren't as pressing of an issue.

But with cooler nights still making an appearance from time to time, you might find yourself in need of a quick-drying solution.

Fortunately, Kmart now has the solution to the laundry woes of many!

They've recently revealed a cleverly designed $49 gadget, which shoppers say is the ultimate answer to all their damp clothing problems.

It's a Portable Clothes Dryer that offers a lot more than your average hanger can. It comes complete with a heater and a cloth cover that’s easy to zip around your clothes for 1-2 hour drying sessions.

Kmart recently demonstrated this product through a video posted on social media.

'It's a portable clothes dryer–zip it up in this case, turn on the timer, and it dries your wet clothes in 1-2 hours. I don't have a dryer, this keeps me organised [and I can] count on my clothes being dry when I need them,' the narrator said.

View attachment 29265
This Portable Clothes Dryer from Kmart can dry clothes in 1-2 hours. Image source: Kmart Australia.

Kmart shoppers were quick to express their excitement about the practical gadget.

'I love mine!' said one customer. 'I hang my work shirts, and I don't have to iron them anymore!'

'I had one of these when I was living in shared living with no dryer—the best!' agreed another.

And a third said: 'I loved it, especially during the winter months.'

Others had some bright potential alternative uses for the dryer.

'Hear me out…towel warmer in winter!' one user suggested.

'It would also be good for school uniforms or could even double as a heater,' suggested another.

But not everyone was convinced by the product. Many have expressed their concerns over potential fire hazards, soaring electricity bills, shrinking clothes, and the possibility of household mould.

'When Kmart took “this product is fire” literally,' one commenter quipped.

Another bluntly said: 'It's a big no from me.'

'And it comes with a free house fire,' a third added.

You can watch Kmart’s full video below:

Amid all the concerns and criticisms, other users had a cheeky suggestion that could be just as effective for getting your clothes dry.

'1-2 hours? [Have] you ever heard of the sun? Works just as fast,' they said.

This nifty Portable Clothes Dryer may be the cheaper alternative to drying your clothes, especially for those with limited space.

However, it always pays to be careful and be more attentive when using this product to avoid any potential problems.
Key Takeaways

• Many customers are raving about Kmart’s $49 Portable Clothes Dryer.
  • The portable item, which doubles as a hanger, can have clothes dry within 1-2 hours thanks to its heater function and cloth cover.
  • The retailer shared the gadget on social media, with users expressing enthusiasm about the product and suggesting various uses.
  • However, some customers expressed safety concerns about the product, fearing potential fire hazards, high electricity usage, clothes shrinking, and mould.
Do you have other tips on how to dry clothes faster? Or how to make laundry tasks easier? Share them with us in the comments below!

Imagine it would be useful for those living in unit/apartment who don’t have access to sunshine drying line.

Reactions: DrivingGirl
We seldom use our dryer as we can still hang clothes on portable dryer racks under our patio (in the event of rain) and, best of all, in the sun on the clothes line. If rain is expected we don’t wash sheets and towels till we have good sunny weather (we have enough sets to be able to change them regularly) and wash during good weather.
I to so seldom used my clothes dryer, that I gave it away to the young couple down the road, with twins.
I do all the same things as you!!

Clothesline, fixed or folding. Both are good.

Check weather forecast daily via the Bureau of Meteorology (easy app on phone).

Wash on sunny/dry weather days.

If working, get up early and get the load on and hung before leaving for work.

Alternatively, do a load on your day(s) off.

Yep we are a modern family I use Solar and wind No really if it is still a bit damp I bought a $6 drying rack from the same store and as I will probably have the air con on - it does the job inside