Discover the top trusted brands in Australia for 2023 – are your favourites on the list?

In a world crowded with products and services, having a trusted brand can mean the difference between success and disaster. While customers today are more discerning than ever and have become experts at getting the most bang for their buck, navigating through all the brands on the shelves of our local supermarkets or scattered across our screens can sometimes be overwhelming.

Fortunately, a new survey has come to our rescue, helping us see which brands are worth our trust. So what brands do Australians trust the most in 2023?

The 24th ‘Annual Most Trusted Brands Survey’ by Reader’s Digest has revealed the top trusted brands in 74 categories that Australians feel they can depend upon.

The results of Reader’s Digest’s survey are collated from a sample of 2,800 Australians. Each participant completed an online questionnaire asking them to name the brand they trust across 74 categories and then rate these brands and explain why.

According to the website, a Trusted Brand ‘enjoys international appeal, yet at the same time upholds a strong local connection. It has individual relevance for all its consumers, just about anywhere and in any culture.’

Screen Shot 2023-04-28 at 5.07.07 pm.png
Which brands have the ultimate seal of customer approval? Credit: trustedbrands.com.au

From the latest tech gadgets to everyday food items, let’s look at the winning brands Australians trust the most, according to the survey.

The results of the survey are as follows:

1. Dettol
  2. Weber
  3. Cadbury
  4. Bunnings Warehouse
  5. Panadol
  6. Victa
  7. Band-Aid
  8. Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia
  9. Dulux
  10. Glen 20
  11. Specsavers
  12. Selleys
  13. Bega Cheese
  14. Dyson
  15. Cancer Council Sunscreen
  16. Dairy Farmers
  17. Ryobi
  18. Bridgestone
  19. Sanitarium Weet-Bix
  20. Woolworths

Screen Shot 2023-04-28 at 5.08.45 pm.png
Dettol took the number one spot for Australians in 2023. Credit: trustedbrands.com.au

Notable category winners include:

(Please note: HC stands for ‘highly commended’)

• Australian Iconic Brand: Bunnings Warehouse
  • Bank of the Year: Bendigo Bank
  • Airlines: Singapore Airlines, (HC: Qantas, Air New Zealand)
  • Breakfast food: Weet-Bix (HC: Uncle Toby’s Oats, Kellogg’s Corn Flakes)
  • Cars: Toyota (HC: Mazda, Mercedes-Benz)
  • Coffee Machines: DeLonghi (HC: Breville, Sunbeam)
  • Confectionary: Cadbury (HC: Lindt, Darrell Lea)
  • Dishwashers: Bosch (HC: Miele, LG)
  • Electricity Provider: AGL (HC: Origin, Energy Australia)
  • Fridges: Westinghouse (HC: Samsung, Fisher & Paykel)
  • Health Insurance: Bupa (HC: Medibank, HCF)
  • Household cleaning products: Dettol (HC: Pine O Cleen)
  • Milk: Dairy Farmers (HC: Devondale, Pauls)
  • Ovens: Westinghouse (HC: Miele, Fisher & Paykel)
  • Retailers: Bunnings Warehouse (HC: Kmart, JB Hi-Fi)
  • Superannuation: Australia Super (HC: HESTA, Hostplus)
  • Supermarkets: Woolworths (HC: Coles, ALDI)
  • Vacuum cleaners: Dyson (HC: Electrolux, Miele)
While it may not come as a surprise that Dettol and Woolworths remain at the top of their respective categories, the results show how much Australians trust the quality of products offered by big brands!

You can see the entire list of categories, brands and runners-up here.

Do you agree with the winners, or is there a brand you trust more than you want to shout out? We’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.

And why not take a look and see if your go-to brand is on the list – you might be surprised at who made the cut!

Sponsored

In a world crowded with products and services, having a trusted brand can mean the difference between success and disaster. While customers today are more discerning than ever and have become experts at getting the most bang for their buck, navigating through all the brands on the shelves of our local supermarkets or scattered across our screens can sometimes be overwhelming.

Fortunately, a new survey has come to our rescue, helping us see which brands are worth our trust. So what brands do Australians trust the most in 2023?

The 24th ‘Annual Most Trusted Brands Survey’ by Reader’s Digest has revealed the top trusted brands in 74 categories that Australians feel they can depend upon.

The results of Reader’s Digest’s survey are collated from a sample of 2,800 Australians. Each participant completed an online questionnaire asking them to name the brand they trust across 74 categories and then rate these brands and explain why.

According to the website, a Trusted Brand ‘enjoys international appeal, yet at the same time upholds a strong local connection. It has individual relevance for all its consumers, just about anywhere and in any culture.’

View attachment 18772
Which brands have the ultimate seal of customer approval? Credit: trustedbrands.com.au

From the latest tech gadgets to everyday food items, let’s look at the winning brands Australians trust the most, according to the survey.

The results of the survey are as follows:

1. Dettol
  2. Weber
  3. Cadbury
  4. Bunnings Warehouse
  5. Panadol
  6. Victa
  7. Band-Aid
  8. Royal Flying Doctor Service of Australia
  9. Dulux
  10. Glen 20
  11. Specsavers
  12. Selleys
  13. Bega Cheese
  14. Dyson
  15. Cancer Council Sunscreen
  16. Dairy Farmers
  17. Ryobi
  18. Bridgestone
  19. Sanitarium Weet-Bix
  20. Woolworths

View attachment 18773
Dettol took the number one spot for Australians in 2023. Credit: trustedbrands.com.au

Notable category winners include:

(Please note: HC stands for ‘highly commended’)

• Australian Iconic Brand: Bunnings Warehouse
  • Bank of the Year: Bendigo Bank
  • Airlines: Singapore Airlines, (HC: Qantas, Air New Zealand)
  • Breakfast food: Weet-Bix (HC: Uncle Toby’s Oats, Kellogg’s Corn Flakes)
  • Cars: Toyota (HC: Mazda, Mercedes-Benz)
  • Coffee Machines: DeLonghi (HC: Breville, Sunbeam)
  • Confectionary: Cadbury (HC: Lindt, Darrell Lea)
  • Dishwashers: Bosch (HC: Miele, LG)
  • Electricity Provider: AGL (HC: Origin, Energy Australia)
  • Fridges: Westinghouse (HC: Samsung, Fisher & Paykel)
  • Health Insurance: Bupa (HC: Medibank, HCF)
  • Household cleaning products: Dettol (HC: Pine O Cleen)
  • Milk: Dairy Farmers (HC: Devondale, Pauls)
  • Ovens: Westinghouse (HC: Miele, Fisher & Paykel)
  • Retailers: Bunnings Warehouse (HC: Kmart, JB Hi-Fi)
  • Superannuation: Australia Super (HC: HESTA, Hostplus)
  • Supermarkets: Woolworths (HC: Coles, ALDI)
  • Vacuum cleaners: Dyson (HC: Electrolux, Miele)
While it may not come as a surprise that Dettol and Woolworths remain at the top of their respective categories, the results show how much Australians trust the quality of products offered by big brands!

You can see the entire list of categories, brands and runners-up here.

Do you agree with the winners, or is there a brand you trust more than you want to shout out? We’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.

And why not take a look and see if your go-to brand is on the list – you might be surprised at who made the cut!
I must say on the surface, I agree with most of the top 20. However, diving in a little deeper, most aren't Australian companys. If we tried a little harder to be discerning, we might make Australia an even better place
👍🙂

My dishwasher and washing machine are Bosch, fridge is Westinghouse although it is owned by Electrolux and I have had some bad experiences with that company.
My favorite stores are Bunnings, Officeworks, Spotlight and Aldi.
Favorite household cleaning products are White Vinegar and Baking Soda.
Favorite chocolates are Lindt and other European brands, don't like Cadburys.

Reactions: Gsr and Ricci
My dishwasher and washing machine are Bosch. I had to get the dishwasher fixed a while ago. Had to wait several weeks for the German part. Now, that didn't matter as I washed up by hand. However, it does matter for a washing machine. The washing machine is 10 yrs old, and playing up and has a bit of rust. So, it's going! Won't buy another Bosch.

Hi Ricci
Golden North Ice Cream is available nation wide….Woolworths, Coles, Independent Grocery Stores (like IGA, Foodland)…buy and enjoy, you will not be disappointed!!

My dishwasher and washing machine are Bosch. I had to get the dishwasher fixed a while ago. Had to wait several weeks for the German part. Now, that didn't matter as I washed up by hand. However, it does matter for a washing machine. The washing machine is 10 yrs old, and playing up and has a bit of rust. So, it's going! Won't buy another Bosch.
We have a Bosch dishwasher and are on our second Bosch washing machine. Only swapped it over as it was getting very old. Never had a problem with it and this one going very well. Have a Westinghouse oven which is also doing well, may it also stay that way.

Reactions: Penny4
We have a Bosch dishwasher and are on our second Bosch washing machine. Only swapped it over as it was getting very old. Never had a problem with it and this one going very well. Have a Westinghouse oven which is also doing well, may it also stay that way.
The German made Bosch dishwasher is 7yrs old, so I got it fixed as it was cheaper than replacing it. The issue was it wasn't heating, not dissolving the powder, plus water was sitting in the bottom. Needed a part called a heat exchange unit. The repairman told me that Bosch dishwashers often need this part when getting older. I also hope it lasts a long time, as it's great.
For the last few years, the German made Bosch washing machine was frustrating with getting out of balance and got worse. When it hit 10yrs old, when filling up with a cycle, the water wouldn't stop at the correct level, and kept filling up to the top and then draining it. Frustrating things like that. It had some rust, so decided to replace it.
My friend (who was my bridesmaid) has a 13yr old Asko washing machine, and some of the working parts have rusted inside, plus other issues with age. She won't be buying another Asko, as it's too hard to get parts. Have to wait too long and can't wash. That's another reason why I decided against another Bosch washing machine, as I had to wait a long time for the part.
I ended up buying a Fisher and Paykel front loader. It's lovely and lights up, so I can see inside the bowl when loading and unloading clothes.