Discover the shopping trick that could earn you hundreds of dollars of 'free money' every year!

Are you tired of spending money? Do you want to get paid just for doing your regular shopping? Well, guess what - there's a solution for you!

Introducing cashback rewards programs! These programs are the answer to all your shopping woes. They're just like traditional loyalty schemes, except they pay you in cash instead of points.

You heard that right, folks. And the best part? You're not confined to just one retail group. You can shop wherever you like (each program has different retail partners) and still get paid.

But how does it work, you ask? It's simple. All you have to do is sign up for a program (like ShopBack or Cashrewards) and start shopping. When you make a purchase, the program gets a commission from the retailer, and they give you a portion of that commission as cash.

Pretty nifty, right? After all, cash in the hand today is a lot more attractive than patiently growing reward points.

Screen Shot 2023-03-01 at 3.12.31 PM.png
Cashback programs are a revolutionary way to make shopping work in your favour! Credit: Unsplash/Blake Wisz.

Now, I know what you're thinking - how much can I actually make? Well, that depends on the program and retailer. Some cashback offers are as low as 1%, while others can be as high as 80%! But on average, you can expect to get between 2 to 10% back on your purchases.

But here's the real kicker - you can compare rewards across different programs to find the best deal. And if you're really savvy, you can take advantage of time-limited offers that are seriously rewarding.

Before you dive headfirst into the world of cashback rewards, there are a few things you should keep in mind.

While setting up a cashback account is easy and free, it's not really 'instant money' - it can take up to 90 days before your purchase is confirmed and you actually receive cash in your account.

It's also worth noting that purchases generally have to be made online through the cashback site or app, although some programs also work in-store when paying with a linked debit or credit card.

Screen Shot 2023-03-01 at 3.12.25 PM.png
Shopping rewards are paid as cash money, rather than loyalty points, and said cash money can be used anywhere. Credit: Unsplash/Blake Wisz.

As with any promotion, it's important to read and understand the terms and conditions of an offer before making a purchase. Some offers may have restrictions or requirements, so it's always best to do your research and make sure you're getting the best deal possible.

That being said, cashback rewards programs are a great way to earn a little extra cash while doing something you already do - shopping! So why not give it a try and see how much you can save?

If you need further convincing, Joel Gibson - money-saving guru and author of Easy Money - is a huge advocate of cashback sites, and he's here to tell you that you could be earning some serious extra cash without even lifting a finger, and you might not be taking advantage of it.

It's basically like getting free money, and who doesn't want that? According to him, every time you make a purchase online, someone is potentially getting a cut. So why shouldn't you be getting a slice of the pie too?

Screen Shot 2023-03-01 at 3.12.19 PM.png
When you make a purchase, the company receives a commission from the partner retail store, and part of that commission is then returned to you as cash. Credit: Unsplash/Blake Wisz.

Gibson argues, 'Cashback sites are a real money-saving no-brainer. Sure it's not going to save you as much as switching your mortgage or energy plan, but it is an easy one. You set it up and then you can forget about it.'

And he's right; you don't even have to think about it. It's automatic! As the end of the year rolls around, you can cash out and treat yourself to some sweet holiday presents. It's the ultimate win-win situation.

So what are you waiting for? Stop missing out on this easy way to earn extra cash and start taking advantage of cashback rewards programs today. You'll be surprised how quickly those rewards can add up!

If you're not sure where to start, here’s a list of the most popular cashback apps and sites in Australia that can surely put the bang back on your buying buck.

Credit: Cashrewards.

1. Cashrewards

Cashrewards has over 1,700 retailers from both Australia and around the world linked to their site or their app (available on the App Store and Google Play Store), which means you can find savings on everything from fashion to outdoor gear. For instance, you could get up to 14% off your purchase at Kathmandu or 12% off at Bonds.

On average, Cashrewards claims that users receive 7% cashback. That might not sound like a lot, but imagine if you spent $100 on something you needed anyway, and you got $7 back. That's like getting a free coffee or snack!

It's important to note that you won't receive the cashback payment immediately. It may take up to seven days for the cashback to appear in your Cashrewards account, and it can take up to 100 days for retailers to approve your cashback.

This is because retailers want to make sure that you haven't returned the goods and requested a refund. Nonetheless, the wait is worth it for the extra savings you get to enjoy.

Credit: ShopBack Australia.

2. ShopBack

A global cashback site with strong ties to Asia, ShopBack has over 10,000 stores worldwide partnering with them.

And on their website or app (available on the App Store or Google Play Store), you can find a wide variety of retailers, including more than 2,000 Australian brands and retailers like Chemist Warehouse, BIG W, and Myer. They also have popular brands like Apple and online selling sites like eBay, so you're sure to find something you need.

But ShopBack offers more than just cashback - membership unlocks additional offers and discounts, such as discount codes and even free samples. Plus, from time to time, some stores offer a 'supercharged' cashback, which means even bigger savings for you!

And if that's not enough, other retailers offer exclusive promo codes and vouchers that can't be found anywhere else. The best part is that you can stack these discounts with the existing cashback on offer, allowing you to 'double dip' on your shopping savings!

Screen Shot 2023-03-01 at 3.12.10 PM.png
A referral program is available. For each person you sign up to Kickback, both you and the friend receive $5. Credit: Kickback Australia.

3. Kickback

Launched in 2020, Kickback has partnerships with over 600 merchants, including some of the biggest Australian and international brands. But this site isn't just about cashback. They're also a place where you can search, compare prices, and shop - just like you would on Amazon or Catch.

They're the first cashback site to incorporate product comparison, so you can easily compare prices across millions of products from thousands of brands. This means you can find the best deals without having to waste time searching different sites.

Another great feature that sets Kickback apart is its tiered membership system. It works like a frequent flyer program, where you get rewarded the more you shop via Kickback. For example, gold members get a $10 bonus after their 10th purchase.

The best cashback sites in Australia (1).jpg

So, what are you waiting for, members? Why not give one of these cashback rewards programs a try and see for yourself the difference it can make to your budget? You never know, you might just end up saving big this year!

And if you're already a member of a cashback rewards program, we want to hear from you! Which program do you recommend, and what are your top tips for getting the most out of it? Share your thoughts and experiences with us in the comments below!

Reactions: Ricci
Sponsored
I don’t buy anything now without checking if it‘s available through Shopback. Household items, clothing, footwear, pet requirements inc. pet foods, health products, alcohol, travel, insurances - the list goes on. High street and online stores. Been a member less than a year and have already accumulated over $500 in cash backs. Each day there are upscaled percentage cash backs, which are notified to you by email daily. Costs nothing to join. 👍👍👍

Reactions: terri
I signed up with Cashrewards some time ago. I have made a bit of money but because I dont spend a huge amount it takes a while. But I dont have to do anything and the 'cash' accumulates until I decide to withdraw it.

Reactions: Rosalie30
I signed up with Cashrewards some time ago. I have made a bit of money but because I dont spend a huge amount it takes a while. But I dont have to do anything and the 'cash' accumulates until I decide to withdraw it.
Better savings by negotiating a cash price. Even better savings buying on EBay, Gumtree, FB market place or Zilch. In these economic challenging times you don’t need new stuff. Indeed buying from Ch8na is a no, no given their autocratic government employing slave labour and persecution of Uighars, Kazakhs and Tibetans.

Better savings by negotiating a cash price. Even better savings buying on EBay, Gumtree, FB market place or Zilch. In these economic challenging times you don’t need new stuff. Indeed buying from Ch8na is a no, no given their autocratic government employing slave labour and persecution of Uighars, Kazakhs and Tibetans.
Ebay is on Shopback too. Of course buying recycled will always be the best bargain price. 👍 Bought a washing machine from The Good Guys through online website and gained $65 using Shopback. Better in my pocket, but it does take a few months to become available.

Reactions: terri