Discover the Secret Trick This Pro Cleaner Uses to Make Dirty Ovens Look Brand New!

Are you tired of spending hours and hours trying to scrub that stubborn, baked-on grease off your oven? You're not alone!

We tend to put off oven cleaning until it’s absolutely necessary. I mean, who really wants to spend their precious time trying to scrub away stains inside a dark, small and dirty oven? But before you consider putting yourself through that troublesome ordeal, wait a tick!

compressed-image3.jpeg
We tend to put off oven cleaning until it’s absolutely necessary. Image source: Pexels.

Here's an insider's secret that could revolutionise your approach to tackling this much dreaded task.

Melbourne-based pro cleaner Kacie Stephens, who runs a successful business called The Big Clean Co, shared a surprising trick to get ovens sparkling clean again – without the need for nasty chemicals (or too much elbow grease!).

Now, before you assume this is just another typical 'magic solution', allow us to assure you that it's not. There's no fancy, overpriced cleaning product involved: instead, Kacie's tip is all about good old-fashioned heat.

Has a light bulb turned on in your head yet?

According to Kacie, the mistake many of us make is not preheating our ovens before cleaning. She said in an Instagram video, 'The heat softens all that caked on grease and makes it much easier to clean.'

'Here's a tip for cleaning your oven that I did not learn as a professional cleaner. I learned it when I worked in hospitality - it's to preheat your oven before you clean it', she shared with her followers. This technique allows the heat from the oven to soften any stubborn stains.

Did you know that instructions for preheating ovens before cleaning are often found on cleaning product labels? Kacie continues: 'Don’t believe me? Check out the label on the can of your caustic oven spray,' she suggested. 'It tells you, five minutes to clean a warm oven, or 30 minutes to clean a cold oven. Save yourself a headache and get the oven warm first.'

However, as common sense dictates, be sure to only start cleaning once the oven is cool enough to touch, to avoid burns.

'Let’s be serious, anything that cuts down the cleaning time in an oven is good because cleaning an oven sucks,' Kacie said.

But heat isn't the only important factor in Kacie's cleaning solution. She also revealed a chemical-free method for deep cleaning ovens: steam cleaning. Yes, you read that right, members – steam.

Kacie suggested placing a tray of water and vinegar in the oven and letting it do its thing for approximately 20 minutes. The steam loosens up the hardened stains, making them easier to scrape off. Just remember to let the oven cool again before you start – you don't want to burn yourself.

compressed-image4.jpeg
Your secret weapon against stubborn oven grease is just preheating your oven and some cheap, chemical-free materials you probably already have in your kitchen. Image source: Pexels.

Interested in trying out this method? All you’ll need is dishwashing liquid, vinegar, scrapers and scourers. To spruce up the oven’s glass door, she recommended using dishwashing liquid and a scourer for that ultra shine. 'I like to add dishwashing liquid just to ... really make it shine,' she said.

compressed-image5.jpeg
All you’ll need is dishwashing liquid, vinegar, scrapers, and scourers to try out this simple method. Image source: Seniors Discount Club.

Before you dive into this fantastic oven-cleaning trick, let's underline a crucial point – safety – because, after all, we're dealing with heat. Don’t fret! It's nothing beyond handling a normal cooking process. So, strap on your oven mitts and let's break it down, shall we?

Firstly, just as you would preheat your oven to bake a loaf of bread or roast a lamb, turn on the oven to a moderate heat. We're talking around 150°C. We don't want to be creating an inferno in there! The goal is not to bake the grime even more, but to soften it, making the cleaning task easier. You don't need to keep it on for too long; ten to twenty minutes should do the trick. Remember to set a timer so you don’t forget about it.

While the oven is warming up, you can take this time to remove and soak the oven racks. Use this time to collect your cleaning materials, too: the dishwashing liquid, vinegar, scrapers and scourers.

compressed-image2.jpeg
While the oven is warming up, you can take this time to remove and soak the oven racks. Image source: Getty Images.

Next, be sure to turn off the oven and let it cool a bit before beginning your cleaning mission. A heat-resistant glove, or trusty tea towel, can be used to test the oven's temperature. Allowing it to cool a touch will ensure you don’t risk any burns.

Once it's cool enough to touch - but still warm - the oven is ready to be cleaned. As Kacie said, 'The heat softens all that caked-on grease and makes it much easier to clean.' It's like the pre-heating phase of baking but instead of lovely aromas, this will give you shiny, clean surfaces.

Lastly, remember to consider oven safety in a broader context too. Keeping the kitchen well-ventilated while heating the oven for cleanup (especially when using the vinegar-water technique to create steam) is smart. You're creating a more pleasant cleaning environment and avoiding any unwanted odours or mild vinegar fumes. So, go ahead and throw open that window or switch on the extractor fan.

So there you have it, folks...safe, straightforward and effective – just how we like our cleaning hacks! Your secret weapon against stubborn oven grease is just preheating your oven and some cheap, chemical-free materials you probably already have in your kitchen. Not to mention, it's a much greener and safer alternative to the commercial oven cleaners which are packed full of harsh, skin-irritating ingredients. Now you're well-equipped to take on that oven and restore it to its former glory, in the safest way possible. Isn’t it nice to say farewell to harsh cleaning chemicals and gruelling scrubbing marathons?! We certainly think so.

Remember, if you want to keep your oven looking like new, regular cleaning is a must. Depending on your cooking frequency, every three to six months is a good benchmark. So, go forth and fight the grime champions and remember, your oven is hot property! Always handle it with care.

Will you be trying out this method? Or do you have other tips on how to clean an oven? Share them with us in the comment section below!

Sponsored
Are you tired of spending hours and hours trying to scrub that stubborn, baked-on grease off your oven? You're not alone!

We tend to put off oven cleaning until it’s absolutely necessary. I mean, who really wants to spend their precious time trying to scrub away stains inside a dark, small and dirty oven? But before you consider putting yourself through that troublesome ordeal, wait a tick!

View attachment 26180
We tend to put off oven cleaning until it’s absolutely necessary. Image source: Pexels.

Here's an insider's secret that could revolutionise your approach to tackling this much dreaded task.

Melbourne-based pro cleaner Kacie Stephens, who runs a successful business called The Big Clean Co, shared a surprising trick to get ovens sparkling clean again – without the need for nasty chemicals (or too much elbow grease!).

Now, before you assume this is just another typical 'magic solution', allow us to assure you that it's not. There's no fancy, overpriced cleaning product involved: instead, Kacie's tip is all about good old-fashioned heat.

According to Kacie, the mistake many of us make is not preheating our ovens before cleaning. She said in an Instagram video, 'The heat softens all that caked on grease and makes it much easier to clean.'

'Here's a tip for cleaning your oven that I did not learn as a professional cleaner. I learned it when I worked in hospitality - it's to preheat your oven before you clean it', she shared with her followers. This technique allows the heat from the oven to soften any stubborn stains.

Did you know that instructions for preheating ovens before cleaning are often found on cleaning product labels? Kacie continues: 'Don’t believe me? Check out the label on the can of your caustic oven spray,' she suggested. 'It tells you, five minutes to clean a warm oven, or 30 minutes to clean a cold oven. Save yourself a headache and get the oven warm first.'

However, as common sense dictates, be sure to only start cleaning once the oven is cool enough to touch, to avoid burns.

'Let’s be serious, anything that cuts down the cleaning time in an oven is good because cleaning an oven sucks,' Kacie said.

But heat isn't the only important factor in Kacie's cleaning solution. She also revealed a chemical-free method for deep cleaning ovens: steam cleaning. Yes, you read that right, members – steam.

Kacie suggested placing a tray of water and vinegar in the oven and letting it do its thing for approximately 20 minutes. The steam loosens up the hardened stains, making them easier to scrape off. Just remember to let the oven cool again before you start – you don't want to burn yourself.

View attachment 26181
Your secret weapon against stubborn oven grease is just preheating your oven and some cheap, chemical-free materials you probably already have in your kitchen. Image source: Pexels.

Interested in trying out this method? All you’ll need is dishwashing liquid, vinegar, scrapers and scourers. To spruce up the oven’s glass door, she recommended using dishwashing liquid and a scourer for that ultra shine. 'I like to add dishwashing liquid just to ... really make it shine,' she said.

View attachment 26182
All you’ll need is dishwashing liquid, vinegar, scrapers, and scourers to try out this simple method. Image source: Seniors Discount Club.

Before you dive into this fantastic oven-cleaning trick, let's underline a crucial point – safety – because, after all, we're dealing with heat. Don’t fret! It's nothing beyond handling a normal cooking process. So, strap on your oven mitts and let's break it down, shall we?

Firstly, just as you would preheat your oven to bake a loaf of bread or roast a lamb, turn on the oven to a moderate heat. We're talking around 150°C. We don't want to be creating an inferno in there! The goal is not to bake the grime even more, but to soften it, making the cleaning task easier. You don't need to keep it on for too long; ten to twenty minutes should do the trick. Remember to set a timer so you don’t forget about it.

While the oven is warming up, you can take this time to remove and soak the oven racks. Use this time to collect your cleaning materials, too: the dishwashing liquid, vinegar, scrapers and scourers.

View attachment 26183
While the oven is warming up, you can take this time to remove and soak the oven racks. Image source: Getty Images.

Next, be sure to turn off the oven and let it cool a bit before beginning your cleaning mission. A heat-resistant glove, or trusty tea towel, can be used to test the oven's temperature. Allowing it to cool a touch will ensure you don’t risk any burns.

Once it's cool enough to touch - but still warm - the oven is ready to be cleaned. As Kacie said, 'The heat softens all that caked-on grease and makes it much easier to clean.' It's like the pre-heating phase of baking but instead of lovely aromas, this will give you shiny, clean surfaces.

Lastly, remember to consider oven safety in a broader context too. Keeping the kitchen well-ventilated while heating the oven for cleanup (especially when using the vinegar-water technique to create steam) is smart. You're creating a more pleasant cleaning environment and avoiding any unwanted odours or mild vinegar fumes. So, go ahead and throw open that window or switch on the extractor fan.

So there you have it, folks...safe, straightforward and effective – just how we like our cleaning hacks! Your secret weapon against stubborn oven grease is just preheating your oven and some cheap, chemical-free materials you probably already have in your kitchen. Not to mention, it's a much greener and safer alternative to the commercial oven cleaners which are packed full of harsh, skin-irritating ingredients. Now you're well-equipped to take on that oven and restore it to its former glory, in the safest way possible. Isn’t it nice to say farewell to harsh cleaning chemicals and gruelling scrubbing marathons?! We certainly think so.

Remember, if you want to keep your oven looking like new, regular cleaning is a must. Depending on your cooking frequency, every three to six months is a good benchmark. So, go forth and fight the grime champions and remember, your oven is hot property! Always handle it with care.

Will you be trying out this method? Or do you have other tips on how to clean an oven? Share them with us in the comment section below!

View attachment 26180

View attachment 26181

View attachment 26182

View attachment 26183

My mum used all those tricks plus bicarb. I've done this all my life and so do my kids and grandies. Less poison. I recently used that chemical spray on our rental when we moved out and the smell nearly killed me.

I cleaned mine last week and used lemon and water and I also left the racks in. The racks were very easy to clean after that. I now have a clean oven but the next day I cooked Pork needless to say it needs cleaning again

Reactions: Gaena

View attachment 26180

View attachment 26181

View attachment 26182

View attachment 26183

I found that cleaning the racks was much more difficult and time consuming than cleaning the oven itself. Any suggestions?
Rob.

Leave the racks in the oven while pre-heating.It will help to soften the baked on grease. I have always used steel wool to scrub/clean them once I take them out of the oven, it works well and takes less elbow grease, if you use steel wool with added soap be sure to rinse the racks well to get the soap residue off. The time consuming effprt needed to clean the oven and the racks is part of the fun (NOT) but you do get a sense of accomplishment when the job is finally finished.

Reactions: Jennie