Discover the quick and easy low-carb cinnamon roll recipe that helped one woman shed weight

Many people believe they must give up their favourite treats to achieve their goals when it comes to weight loss.

However, Mayra Wendolyne, a 39-year-old woman, has proven that this is not necessarily the case.

She has managed to lose an impressive 58 kilos without giving up her love for dessert, thanks to a 90-second low-carb cinnamon roll recipe that she shared on social media.

Wendolyne's weight loss journey began in 2011 when she weighed 142 kilos.

She initially lost 45 kilos in five months through diet and exercise.

SDC Images (8).png
Wendolyne shared her quick and easy low-carb cinnamon roll recipe. Image source: TikTok/@lowcarblove.

Three years later, she switched to a low-carb, high-fat keto diet, which she continues to follow to this day.

Her weight now hovers around 83 kilos, and she credited her success to consistency and not giving up when she occasionally fell off the wagon.

She previously opened up about her weight loss journey on social media and shared before and after photos of herself.

'I've worked hard for these results. I wish I could say it's been easy but it hasn't,' she said.

'Don't ever give up because you fall off track! Get back up and keep pushing.'

'I've lost a total of 130 lbs through diet and exercise. I've had my ups and downs throughout my weight loss journey, but those struggles are what moulded me into the person I am today.'

'It's not impossible. If I can make this change, trust me, you can too! You need to set your goals, get your mind straight, and keep pushing forward no matter what!'

The weight-loss influencer, known as 'Low Carb Love' online, has amassed over four million followers across YouTube, Instagram, and TikTok, where she shares her favourite recipes, including her go-to desserts.

The recipe for her 90-second low-carb cinnamon roll is simple and quick, making it perfect for those looking for a sweet treat without the guilt.

To make the cake, Wendolyne combines melted butter, an egg, and vanilla extract in a microwavable ramekin.

She then adds almond flour 'to keep it low-carb and gluten-free', baking powder 'so we have that rise', cinnamon, and stevia.

She noted that you can also use your powdered sweetener of choice.

After mixing the ingredients, she tops the dessert with a cinnamon-sugar mixture and microwaves it for 90 seconds.

While the cinnamon roll cooks, she prepares a cream cheese frosting by mixing softened cream cheese with powdered sweetener and almond milk.

Once the cake is done, she frosts it and enjoys her delicious, guilt-free dessert.

Wendolyne's 90-second cinnamon roll recipe has been viewed more than 980,000 times since it was posted.

You can watch Wendolyne’s full video below:

Video source: TikTok/@lowcarblove.

Many of her followers have tried the recipe and shared their experiences, with one person noting that it requires a lot of cinnamon and sweetener to give it taste; otherwise, it tastes 'eggy.'

Others have praised the recipe, with one follower gushing, 'This looks so delicious! Can't wait to try it!'

'I crave cinnamon rolls every day. Yup, I'm trying,' another commented.

Below is the full recipe:
90-second Cinammon Roll Recipe.jpg
Key Takeaways
  • Mayra Wendolyne, 39, shared her 90-second low-carb cinnamon roll recipe on social media, which she credits for her weight loss of 58 kilos.
  • Wendolyne demonstrated how to prepare the quick and easy dessert using ingredients such as almond flour, stevia, and egg to keep it low-carb and gluten-free.
  • Following a keto diet of low-carb and high-fat food has helped Wendolyne maintain her current 83 kilos.
  • Wendolyne encouraged others on their weight loss journeys to stay consistent and not to give up, even after setbacks.
What are your favourite low-carb desserts? Share your recipes with us in the comments below!

Reactions: Littleboy8
Sponsored
The recipe sounds nice but my daughter says the keto diet is one if the worst diets.

My son inlaw was on it and she told him how bad it was.

My daughter has a degree in health science, she is also a personal trainer

The recipe sounds nice but my daughter says the keto diet is one if the worst diets.

My son inlaw was on it and she told him how bad it was.

My daughter has a degree in health science, she is also a personal trainer
Bad in what way?

Bad in what way?
Bad in what way?
The keto diet could cause low blood pressure, kidney stones, constipation, nutrient deficiencies and an increased risk of heart disease. Strict diets like keto could also cause social isolation or disordered eating. Keto is not safe for those with any conditions involving their pancreas, liver, thyroid or gallbladder.

She just kept going on and on.
She said it's important to balance your diet. Cut out high fat foods and learn to cook without using fat.
At her Gym she just won a huge challenge and won $1000. Which included body scans measuring body fat and something else
She works at the gym as their social media person and front counter . Because of her degree they have now asked her to be the dietician plus a personal trainer abd she starts her Masters next year . Very busy girl

Screenshot_20231214_183224_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
My son uses this diet leading up to sport competitions. Of course you should always get medical advice before any dieting . Yes, dropping carbs can cause ketosis for the first week or so. High protein, low carbs, no sugar. Plenty of Brussels Sprouts, Broccoli, Spinach etc. - all of which do have carbs. Use coconut oil in moderation. It certainly does shed weight quickly. Jury is out I guess, but I have accommodated his diet many times over the years and you do need to exercise at the same time. Not a diet for any length of time used in an extreme way. For so long medical advice around cholesterol was about low fat when now it is more genetics.

Many people believe they must give up their favourite treats to achieve their goals when it comes to weight loss.

However, Mayra Wendolyne, a 39-year-old woman, has proven that this is not necessarily the case.

She has managed to lose an impressive 58 kilos without giving up her love for dessert, thanks to a 90-second low-carb cinnamon roll recipe that she shared on social media.

Wendolyne's weight loss journey began in 2011 when she weighed 142 kilos.

She initially lost 45 kilos in five months through diet and exercise.

View attachment 36674
Wendolyne shared her quick and easy low-carb cinnamon roll recipe. Image source: TikTok/@lowcarblove.

Three years later, she switched to a low-carb, high-fat keto diet, which she continues to follow to this day.

Her weight now hovers around 83 kilos, and she credited her success to consistency and not giving up when she occasionally fell off the wagon.

She previously opened up about her weight loss journey on social media and shared before and after photos of herself.

'I've worked hard for these results. I wish I could say it's been easy but it hasn't,' she said.

'Don't ever give up because you fall off track! Get back up and keep pushing.'

'I've lost a total of 130 lbs through diet and exercise. I've had my ups and downs throughout my weight loss journey, but those struggles are what moulded me into the person I am today.'

'It's not impossible. If I can make this change, trust me, you can too! You need to set your goals, get your mind straight, and keep pushing forward no matter what!'

The weight-loss influencer, known as 'Low Carb Love' online, has amassed over four million followers across YouTube, Instagram, and TikTok, where she shares her favourite recipes, including her go-to desserts.

The recipe for her 90-second low-carb cinnamon roll is simple and quick, making it perfect for those looking for a sweet treat without the guilt.

To make the cake, Wendolyne combines melted butter, an egg, and vanilla extract in a microwavable ramekin.

She then adds almond flour 'to keep it low-carb and gluten-free', baking powder 'so we have that rise', cinnamon, and stevia.

She noted that you can also use your powdered sweetener of choice.

After mixing the ingredients, she tops the dessert with a cinnamon-sugar mixture and microwaves it for 90 seconds.

While the cinnamon roll cooks, she prepares a cream cheese frosting by mixing softened cream cheese with powdered sweetener and almond milk.

Once the cake is done, she frosts it and enjoys her delicious, guilt-free dessert.

Wendolyne's 90-second cinnamon roll recipe has been viewed more than 980,000 times since it was posted.

You can watch Wendolyne’s full video below:

Video source: TikTok/@lowcarblove.

Many of her followers have tried the recipe and shared their experiences, with one person noting that it requires a lot of cinnamon and sweetener to give it taste; otherwise, it tastes 'eggy.'

Others have praised the recipe, with one follower gushing, 'This looks so delicious! Can't wait to try it!'

'I crave cinnamon rolls every day. Yup, I'm trying,' another commented.

Below is the full recipe:
Key Takeaways

• Mayra Wendolyne, 39, shared her 90-second low-carb cinnamon roll recipe on social media, which she credits for her weight loss of 58 kilos.
  • Wendolyne demonstrated how to prepare the quick and easy dessert using ingredients such as almond flour, stevia, and egg to keep it low-carb and gluten-free.
  • Following a keto diet of low-carb and high-fat food has helped Wendolyne maintain her current 83 kilos.
  • Wendolyne encouraged others on their weight loss journeys to stay consistent and not to give up, even after setbacks.
What are your favourite low-carb desserts? Share your recipes with us in the comments below!

It’s got 4 tablespoons of icing sugar in it.yuk how can you lose weight with so much powdered sweetener.🤔horrible recipe.👎

• Haha
Reactions: Knell
My son used to play pro sport and the AIS didn't advise the keto diet due to the impact of bone health with an inflammatory response to exercise.

My son uses this diet leading up to sport competitions. Of course you should always get medical advice before any dieting . Yes, dropping carbs can cause ketosis for the first week or so. High protein, low carbs, no sugar. Plenty of Brussels Sprouts, Broccoli, Spinach etc. - all of which do have carbs. Use coconut oil in moderation. It certainly does shed weight quickly. Jury is out I guess, but I have accommodated his diet many times over the years and you do need to exercise at the same time. Not a diet for any length of time used in an extreme way. For so long medical advice around cholesterol was about low fat when now it is more genetics.
Most go on it for 4 weeks.
My son plays grade cricket and she did a diet plan for him for what he needed , now all his friends are asking her .

She adds a certain ammount of protein as it keeps you full but also vegetables ect . Her bread is a really dark bread.

She is entering body building competitions early next year.

Reactions: Penny4 and Knell
My son used to play pro sport and the AIS didn't advise the keto diet due to the impact of bone health with an inflammatory response to exercise.
My son played cricket for NSW and their dieticians said no to the keto diet. My daughter shakes her head every time she hears someone is on it

My sons brother inlaw is a well know boxer and he stays away from the keto diet

Last edited:
Reactions: Penny4