Discover the heartwarming note this mum received at a cafe

In the hustle and bustle of everyday life, it's not often that we encounter acts of kindness that leave us speechless.

But for one Queensland mum, a simple breakfast outing turned into an unforgettable experience that left her stunned and deeply moved.

Tyne, a mother of two young boys, was enjoying a family breakfast at a quaint cafe in the Sunshine Coast suburb of Mooloolaba.

As her boys played and laughed, Tyne noticed a woman sitting nearby, engrossed in a book.

SDC 4.png
A mum shared the heartwarming note she received from a stranger. Image source: Facebook.

A wave of guilt washed over her as she worried that her sons' lively antics might be disturbing the woman's peaceful morning.

'I immediately apologised to the lovely lady sitting near us as she had a book, and I was afraid the boys wouldn’t be too peaceful,' she recalled.

The woman, however, reassured her that everything was fine.

Little did Tyne know, this brief interaction would lead to a heartwarming surprise she would never forget.

After finishing their meal, Tyne went to settle the bill, only to be informed by the cashier that it had already been taken care of.

The stranger, who had since left the cafe, had paid for their entire breakfast and left a note that read, 'It was such a pleasure sharing my brekkie space with you.'

'Please keep doing what you’re doing. You’ve got a beautiful family.'

Overwhelmed by the stranger's unexpected act of kindness, Tyne said she 'almost cried'.

The stranger, who signed the note as 'Em', also mentioned that she hoped the family could 'splurge a little more at Sea Life today,' referring to the famous Sunshine Coast attraction where Tyne and her family had planned to spend their day.

Tyne described the stranger as an 'amazing soul', and vowed to pay it forward.

'She paid for us…and her kind words were what I needed to hear.'

'If you are Em staying in Mooloolaba for work and went to a quirky local that’s your favourite…you are an amazing soul!'

'Thank you, thank you. We will pay it forward.'

Despite her efforts to find Em and thank her personally, Tyne has yet to discover the identity of her anonymous benefactor.

Some have speculated that Em could be Australian comedian, podcaster, and singer Em Rusciano, who participated in the second season of Australian Idol in 2004.

The speculation arose due to the similarity in handwriting and the love heart signature. However, this has not been confirmed.

'The writing made me instantly think about her—she’s up that way for work this weekend too,' one replied.

'Whether it was her or not, it’s so nice.'

Many praised Em's generosity and shared their own experiences of unexpected kindness.

One commenter wrote, 'Lovely lady. Your children would be being just that, children. Don’t apologise about them.'

'I am 82 this year and love the fact that mums and dads can occasionally take their children for breakfast, never happened in my day.'

'Enjoy it and them and most of us older folk love children and like to see families doing this together.'

Another added, 'I love this so much…have little tears coming out. What a beautiful person Em clearly is. This was so gorgeous to read.'
Key Takeaways

• A mum was left speechless when a stranger paid for her family's breakfast at a Queensland cafe and left a heartwarming note.
  • The mum felt guilty that her young sons might be disturbing the peace of the woman who was reading a book nearby, but the woman reassured her that everything was fine.
  • Upon attempting to pay, the family discovered the kind stranger, known only as 'Em', had already settled their bill as a gesture of kindness.
  • The incident sparked positive reactions online, with some speculating that the generous stranger could be Australian comedian Em Rusciano.
Have you ever experienced an unexpected act of kindness? Share your stories with us in the comments below!

Last edited:
Sponsored
I love pay it forward, we too do things like that, it is a lovely way to live. We can’t afford it all the time but now and again is good.😊