Discover the five affordable 'hero products' for sparkling clean homes and cars!

The internet has become a treasure trove of DIY tips, and when it comes to cleaning, there's no shortage of advice.

One such source of wisdom is Amelia Liddy Sudbury, a social media sensation who has earned the title of the 'Queen of Clean'.

Amelia has gained a massive following for her budget-friendly cleaning tips that not only keep your house looking its best but also help you save money.

In a recent appearance on Sunrise, Amelia shared her top five 'hero products' that can clean your entire house from top to bottom, including your car, all for less than $30.

SDC 4.png
Amelia Liddy Sudbury has shared her top five tips for keeping homes sparkling clean. Image source: Instagram/@amelialiddysudbury, @teciajaephotography.

This comes at a time when many Australians are feeling the pinch of the cost-of-living crisis and are looking for ways to cut back on expenses.

During the interview, Amelia shared that her approach to cleaning is all about simplicity and versatility.

She advocates for ditching expensive, single-purpose products and, instead, investing in multi-use cleaners that can tackle a variety of tasks.

The first of her hero products is Castile soap.

'It’s the most basic, gentle soap you can buy—you can get it from any supermarket and online—and you can use it for cleaning or laundry, too,' Amelia shared.

Castile soap is not only great for cleaning around the house, but it's also suitable for laundry and even personal hygiene, especially for children with skin issues and allergies.

'You can buy it as handwash, but you can use it to wash your clothes, you can wash anything around your house but especially leather—it does a great job of getting rid of stains in upholstery in your car.'

Next on her list is bicarb soda, which Amelia referred to as an 'exfoliant' for the house.

According to Amelia, this old favourite is an abrasive cleaner that can give your cleaning routine a bit of a kick, and it’s perfect for scrubbing away stubborn grime and dirt.

Dishwashing detergent is another versatile product that Amelia swore by.

'If you’re going to buy one product to clean your entire house, it’s going to be dish detergent.'

'That’s because you can clean your bathroom, your kitchen, your car, you can do the windows, you can do everything.'

'If you just want to spend $5, this is where you should spend it.'

White vinegar is another staple in Amelia's cleaning arsenal.

She revealed her 'magic paste' for stains, which is a mix of dishwashing detergent, bi-carb soda, and white vinegar.

'Use your dish detergent as a base for your magic paste, add the bi-carb soda, then the white household vinegar—this is great for removing stains,' she said.

'I used to come across so many (laundry) stains that people couldn’t get rid of. So, I came up with this magic paste—I know it looks like a bit of a science experiment at school.'

She then showed how to mix the three ingredients together.

'Give it a stir. When the suds are on it, rub it into your stains, and it will lift them right out,' she explained.

'You can use it in your bathroom and your kitchen sink. Use a toothbrush to rub it in.'

Finally, Amelia recommended denture cleaners in tablet form, which she said were fantastic for cleaning ceramics.

'These products are fantastic for cleaning if you have stains on your Tupperware or a mug that you use for your coffee every morning—like a ceramic mug. Just soak it in a denture tablet, and leave it overnight.'

They're also great for tackling stubborn build-up in the bathroom, such as on shower screens.

Furthermore, metal-safe denture tablets could also be used to clean many other items, including jewellery.

'It’s absolutely magic,' Amelia said.

You can watch Amelia’s full video below:

Video source: TikTok/@amelialiddysudbury, Sunrise.

Key Takeaways

• Amelia Liddy Sudbury, known as the 'Queen of Clean,' has shared five budget-friendly 'hero products' for cleaning the entire house.
  • These products include Castile soap, bi-carb soda, dishwashing detergent, white vinegar, and denture cleaners in tablet form.
  • Amelia emphasised the importance of choosing multi-use cleaning items, especially during the cost-of-living crisis.
  • She demonstrated how to make a 'magic paste' with dish detergent, bi-carb soda, and white vinegar to remove stains.
Have you tried any of Amelia's cleaning tips? Do you have any of your own to share? Let us know in the comments below.

Sponsored
Excuse my ignorance and don’t laugh out too much out loud but I have never seen Castile soap in the shops under that name and I assumed it was just pure soap like in the laundry aisle. Haven’t ever seen it in liquid form. Where would I find some?
i did not come down in the last shower. castille soap was used in my home 84 years ago.

Excuse my ignorance and don’t laugh out too much out loud but I have never seen Castile soap in the shops under that name and I assumed it was just pure soap like in the laundry aisle. Haven’t ever seen it in liquid form. Where would I find some?
Castile soap is available at Woolies. Don't know if it is just online or if it is in all store.
The only one I know of is Dr. Bonners pure Castile soap.

Reactions: Bob’s Buddy
It's mainly sold in health food/bulk food stores. I used to buy it often, however normal dishwashing liquid will do the same job.