Discover the amazing oven-cleaning trick that’s sweeping the internet—and it requires just one ingredient from your kitchen!

Maintaining a tidy kitchen can be quite a task, requiring a considerable amount of time and effort. And let's face it, when it comes to cleaning those appliances, it's easy to procrastinate, allowing the grime to accumulate over time.

We've all experienced the struggle of scrubbing away at our ovens, only to find that stubborn gunk remains unfazed, unimpressed even by the most powerful chemical-laden cleaners.

But fear not, dear members! We've stumbled upon a fantastic oven-cleaning trick from an Aussie mum that will surely pique your interest and bring a sense of relief.

And here's the best part: you only need one household ingredient to work this magic! No need for a chemical arsenal or complicated processes, folks.

Screen Shot 2023-06-30 at 8.06.50 PM.png
The Aussie mum simply sprinkled the oven door with bi-carb soda and wiped it off with a wet cloth 15 minutes later. Credit: Facebook.

One Aussie mum recently shared her trick for cleaning an oven without any harsh chemicals—and the only ingredient she needed was something you'd find in almost every kitchen across the country.

'I have been trying to keep my oven clean as much as possible, especially because I can't stand the harsh chemicals that–hate to admit–work really well,' she shared on the Mums Who Clean Facebook page.

She then revealed her secret weapon for a chemical-free clean: the humble bi-carb soda.

'This morning, I tried the bi-carb soda trick on my oven door, and I couldn't believe how easy it was... and no harsh chemicals,' she added.

The before and after photos, included in her post showcasing the proven real-world effectiveness of this method, sent shockwaves through the Facebook group.

In response to many intrigued followers asking about her method, she broke down her simple approach.

'I wiped it down with a wet cloth, sprinkled bi-carb soda all over, let it sit for about 15 minutes and then slowly started to wipe it off with wet wipes,' she explained.

She even added that warm water might be needed if the oily residue was particularly thick, though cold water did the trick for her. She concluded: 'It required a little elbow grease, but it was super easy. I'm so surprised.'

This post created quite a buzz in the online community, leading commenters to excitedly note their plans to replicate this technique.

'Oh, my oven needs this,' one person wrote.

'That's so cool,' said another.

'Thank you for sharing this; I'll be trying this for sure!' another mum said.

'It's amazing!' said a fourth.

Screen Shot 2023-06-30 at 8.06.40 PM.png
An Aussie homeowner shared her own 'no scrub' oven cleaning tip, using just one Coles and Woolworths cleaning buy. Credit: Facebook.

It seems this mum's not the only one with an innovative oven-cleaning idea. Earlier this year, another Aussie homeowner shared her own 'no scrub' oven cleaning method using one affordable cleaning product from Coles and Woolworths: Fairy Antibacterial Dishwashing Spray.

Ever popular among Coles and Woolworths shoppers, what many didn't realise was this dishwashing spray's astonishing potential in transforming mucky ovens.

She confided that she had initially applied Fairy as an act of desperation when she ran out of oven cleaners but was astounded by the results.

'I left it on for about an hour, then wiped up the liquid and wiped it over a couple of times with a damp cloth of water and white vinegar,' she said on social media.

Many Facebook users promptly commended her on the transformation, with several expressing their plan to test the 'miracle' spray on their oven.

Key Takeaways

• An Aussie mum has revealed her simple, chemical-free oven-cleaning trick using bi-carb soda.
  • Her before and after pictures posted on the Mums Who Clean Facebook page garnered positive responses.
  • She explained the clean-up process in the comments, stating she sprinkled bi-carb on a wet cloth, let it sit for 15 minutes, and then wiped down her oven.
  • Earlier in the year, another Aussie mum had shared her 'no scrub' oven cleaning method, featuring Fairy Antibacterial Dishwashing Spray, which also received glowing reviews from Coles and Woolworths shoppers.

In the end, it just proves that there's never a one-size-fits-all solution to any problem. Sometimes, all it takes is a spark of creativity, and our ordinary household items can surprise us with their hidden talents.

So, if your oven has been getting you down lately, don't despair! Before you reach for those strong chemical cleaners and exhaust yourself scrubbing until your arm feels like it's about to fall off, consider two alternative options. Grab that trusty box of bi-carb or unleash the power of Fairy spray. While you wait for the magic to happen, why not make yourself a nice cup of tea to relax?

We hope you found this article helpful and informative, folks! Now, the question remains: which of these oven-cleaning tips will you give a try? Or perhaps you have some fantastic ideas of your own to contribute? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
Maintaining a tidy kitchen can be quite a task, requiring a considerable amount of time and effort. And let's face it, when it comes to cleaning those appliances, it's easy to procrastinate, allowing the grime to accumulate over time.

We've all experienced the struggle of scrubbing away at our ovens, only to find that stubborn gunk remains unfazed, unimpressed even by the most powerful chemical-laden cleaners.

But fear not, dear members! We've stumbled upon a fantastic oven-cleaning trick from an Aussie mum that will surely pique your interest and bring a sense of relief.

And here's the best part: you only need one household ingredient to work this magic! No need for a chemical arsenal or complicated processes, folks.

View attachment 23797
The Aussie mum simply sprinkled the oven door with bi-carb soda and wiped it off with a wet cloth 15 minutes later. Credit: Facebook.

One Aussie mum recently shared her trick for cleaning an oven without any harsh chemicals—and the only ingredient she needed was something you'd find in almost every kitchen across the country.

'I have been trying to keep my oven clean as much as possible, especially because I can't stand the harsh chemicals that–hate to admit–work really well,' she shared on the Mums Who Clean Facebook page.

She then revealed her secret weapon for a chemical-free clean: the humble bi-carb soda.

'This morning, I tried the bi-carb soda trick on my oven door, and I couldn't believe how easy it was... and no harsh chemicals,' she added.

The before and after photos, included in her post showcasing the proven real-world effectiveness of this method, sent shockwaves through the Facebook group.

In response to many intrigued followers asking about her method, she broke down her simple approach.

'I wiped it down with a wet cloth, sprinkled bi-carb soda all over, let it sit for about 15 minutes and then slowly started to wipe it off with wet wipes,' she explained.

She even added that warm water might be needed if the oily residue was particularly thick, though cold water did the trick for her. She concluded: 'It required a little elbow grease, but it was super easy. I'm so surprised.'

This post created quite a buzz in the online community, leading commenters to excitedly note their plans to replicate this technique.

'Oh, my oven needs this,' one person wrote.

'That's so cool,' said another.

'Thank you for sharing this; I'll be trying this for sure!' another mum said.

'It's amazing!' said a fourth.

View attachment 23798
An Aussie homeowner shared her own 'no scrub' oven cleaning tip, using just one Coles and Woolworths cleaning buy. Credit: Facebook.

It seems this mum's not the only one with an innovative oven-cleaning idea. Earlier this year, another Aussie homeowner shared her own 'no scrub' oven cleaning method using one affordable cleaning product from Coles and Woolworths: Fairy Antibacterial Dishwashing Spray.

Ever popular among Coles and Woolworths shoppers, what many didn't realise was this dishwashing spray's astonishing potential in transforming mucky ovens.

She confided that she had initially applied Fairy as an act of desperation when she ran out of oven cleaners but was astounded by the results.

'I left it on for about an hour, then wiped up the liquid and wiped it over a couple of times with a damp cloth of water and white vinegar,' she said on social media.

Many Facebook users promptly commended her on the transformation, with several expressing their plan to test the 'miracle' spray on their oven.

Key Takeaways

• An Aussie mum has revealed her simple, chemical-free oven-cleaning trick using bi-carb soda.
  • Her before and after pictures posted on the Mums Who Clean Facebook page garnered positive responses.
  • She explained the clean-up process in the comments, stating she sprinkled bi-carb on a wet cloth, let it sit for 15 minutes, and then wiped down her oven.
  • Earlier in the year, another Aussie mum had shared her 'no scrub' oven cleaning method, featuring Fairy Antibacterial Dishwashing Spray, which also received glowing reviews from Coles and Woolworths shoppers.

In the end, it just proves that there's never a one-size-fits-all solution to any problem. Sometimes, all it takes is a spark of creativity, and our ordinary household items can surprise us with their hidden talents.

So, if your oven has been getting you down lately, don't despair! Before you reach for those strong chemical cleaners and exhaust yourself scrubbing until your arm feels like it's about to fall off, consider two alternative options. Grab that trusty box of bi-carb or unleash the power of Fairy spray. While you wait for the magic to happen, why not make yourself a nice cup of tea to relax?

We hope you found this article helpful and informative, folks! Now, the question remains: which of these oven-cleaning tips will you give a try? Or perhaps you have some fantastic ideas of your own to contribute? Let us know in the comments below!
Hi! I have an oven door that open out, so How do I get the Bi-Carb to stick to it please?

I can remove my oven door glass and clean it with warm dishwashing liquid and a microfibre cloth. If there's a stain, I use a bit of Jif cream cleanser. I've tried so many types of microfibres over the years, and Vileda is a stand-out imo. I buy a pack of 8 from Bunnings, and place them in a lingerie bag for the washing machine.

1688623288273.png

Dishwasher tablets do the same thing. Dip one in water then rub over the glass door , floor, ceiling and sides of the oven. Leave then wipe off. The tables also work well on metal shelving. Just put them in a plasic tub (or the bath if you have one) add a tablet (or even Napisan) and cover with water then leave overnight. Rinse off.

But the best way of all that takes less than a minute to do, is wipe up spills and splatters when they happen.

Reactions: Penny4
How did she ‘sprinkle’ bi-carb on a vertical surface, I’d like to know.

Dishwasher tablets do the same thing. Dip one in water then rub over the glass door , floor, ceiling and sides of the oven. Leave then wipe off. The tables also work well on metal shelving. Just put them in a plasic tub (or the bath if you have one) add a tablet (or even Napisan) and cover with water then leave overnight. Rinse off.

But the best way of all that takes less than a minute to do, is wipe up spills and splatters when they happen.
Although I only use dishwasher powder, I might try the tablets one day. My oven is not very dirty but I notice those little specks, so would like to get it sparkling clean. For two of us our air fryer suffices instead of heating up a whole oven.

You don't! You make a paste with a little water and spread it on.
That’s what I thought but the article said she ‘sprinkled’ it on, and it had me thinking - how? And I might also try the Fairy dishwashing spray method.

I don't need to clean anything but the stainless steel bits.
My oven is self cleaning. Best decision I ever made and absolutely no elbow grease.
If I want to give my door a bit more sparkle, I can remove the glass and give it a wash if I want.