Discover the 5 unbeatable Aldi products that are leaving Coles and Woolies in the dust—save big now!

As the cost of living continues to rise, savvy shoppers are always on the lookout for ways to stretch their dollars further. For many Australians, this means turning to Aldi, the German discount supermarket chain that has been shaking up the grocery game down under with its low prices and unique products. Recently, a conversation on Facebook has highlighted just how much Aussies are saving by switching to Aldi, and which products are the real stars of the savings show.

The discussion began with a self-proclaimed 'Aldi virgin' seeking advice on the best products to buy at the store, especially those that are gluten or dairy-free. The responses were a treasure trove of tips, with seasoned Aldi shoppers sharing their top picks and comparing prices to those at competitors Coles and Woolworths.

Here at the Seniors Discount Club, we understand the importance of getting the most bang for your buck, so let's dive into the five Aldi products that are not only much cheaper than their Coles and Woolies counterparts but have also garnered a loyal following for their quality.

compressed-aldi (2).jpeg
ALDI promises value for money items for a more affordable price. Image Credit: Shutterstock/Marlon Trottmann

1. Trimat Laundry Liquid (4 litres - $18.99)
Laundry is a fact of life, but it shouldn't cost an arm and a leg. Aldi's Trimat laundry liquid comes in a generous 4-litre bottle and is praised for its effectiveness. In comparison, similar-sized laundry detergents at Woolworths can set you back anywhere from $18.50 to a whopping $36.

2. Di San Pre Wash Stain Remover (750ml – Degreaser - $2.09)
Stains be gone! Aldi's Di San Pre Wash Stain Remover is a fraction of the price of Vanish Preen Oxi Action Gold Ultra Power Fabric Stain Remover Spray at Coles, which costs $9.50. Aldi shoppers swear by its stain-busting power, making it a must-have in the laundry room.

3. Tandil Ultra Concentrate Dishwashing Liquid (900ml - $2.99)
Say goodbye to greasy dishes without emptying your wallet. Aldi's Tandil Ultra Concentrate Dishwashing Liquid is a steal compared to Morning Fresh Dishwashing Liquid 900ml at Woolworths, which is priced at $9.50.

4. Logix All in One Dishwasher Tablets (45pk - $6.29)
Dishwasher tablets can be surprisingly expensive, but Aldi's Logix brand offers a budget-friendly alternative that doesn't skimp on quality. Coles' dishwasher tablets in 45 packs range from $19.50 to $62, making Aldi's offering a clear winner for value-conscious consumers.

5. Emporium Selection Triple Cream Brie (200g - $4.99)
Cheese lovers, rejoice! Aldi's Emporium Selection Triple Cream Brie is a creamy delight for just $4.99. Compare this to the Maggie Beer Triple Cream Brie at Woolworths, which costs $9.30, and it's easy to see why cheese aficionados are flocking to Aldi.

Beyond these standout items, Aldi fans also rave about the store's cleaning supplies, chocolates, frozen foods, and even coffee beans. While some shoppers do find they need to visit other supermarkets for specific items, the consensus is that Aldi offers an impressive range of products at significantly lower prices.

Of course, Aldi's model isn't for everyone. The store's focus on private labels and limited selection means that brand loyalists might not find everything they're looking for. However, for those willing to try new things and prioritize savings, Aldi can be a game-changer.

So, next time you're planning your grocery run, consider giving Aldi a try. You might just discover your new favorite products and enjoy some substantial savings along the way. And remember, shopping smart isn't just about finding the lowest prices—it's about finding the best value for your money. With Aldi's combination of quality and affordability, your budget will thank you.

Key Takeaways

• Aldi shoppers recommend cleaning supplies, cheese, and various grocery items as the 'best products' to buy there, with many being much cheaper compared to Coles and Woolworths.
  • The popular items at Aldi noted by users include Trimat laundry liquid, Di San Pre Wash Stain Remover, Tandil dishwashing liquid, Logix dishwasher tablets, and Emporium Selection Triple Cream Brie.
  • Many Aldi fans do the bulk of their shopping at the store and find it to be more cost-effective, though some items may still necessitate shopping at other supermarkets.
  • Social media responses suggest Aldi has a good selection of affordable cleaning products, cheeses, frozen food, and pantry staples, although certain brand-specific or flavoured items might not be available.

We'd love to hear from our readers! Have you found any unbeatable deals at Aldi? Are there other products you'd recommend to fellow bargain hunters? Share your experiences in the comments below and let's help each other save big!

Sponsored
I bought 500g Australian butter yesterday for $6.39 and Coles and Woolies charge between $8.00 and $8.60. The dearer price is Australian Butter. I don't shop there often because 6 months ago there was no difference between Aldi Butter, Coles and Woolies
Will check that out. Thanks. I also didn't find any price difference too. Plus, cheese was the same price as well, but will see if Aldi has reduced it.

Reactions: Ezzy and Iggydi
I bought 500g Australian butter yesterday for $6.39 and Coles and Woolies charge between $8.00 and $8.60. The dearer price is Australian Butter. I don't shop there often because 6 months ago there was no difference between Aldi Butter, Coles and Woolies
Yes, I've been buying my butter there, so much cheaper than Coles.

Reactions: Ezzy
Went to Aldi a couple of days ago for a "special buy" item & had a few other items I needed so thought I'd try Aldi for groceries too.
Long life orange juice - didn't have any, not even an empty space on the shelf.
Microwaveable Pappadums - couldn't find them anywhere
Grapes - none of any colour
Scones - none
Left with the special buy & headed to Woolies.
Good different?????

I have no problem with Aldi but when I worked out the price difference between Coles and Aldi it was cheaper to shop at Coles. I always check out their 1/2 price specials which reduce the total considerably and my latest offer from Flybuys is spend $50 a week for 4 weeks and get $50 off next shop. Can’t complain about that. You can also get $10 off every shop automatically and no, I don’t spend extra to get points. It’s what I need and would spend anyway. And bonus - I don’t have to pack my own bags.
Yes Aldi prices may be cheaper but considering the 1/2 price specials and offers available then I prefer Coles.

I have no problem with Aldi but when I worked out the price difference between Coles and Aldi it was cheaper to shop at Coles. I always check out their 1/2 price specials which reduce the total considerably and my latest offer from Flybuys is spend $50 a week for 4 weeks and get $50 off next shop. Can’t complain about that. You can also get $10 off every shop automatically and no, I don’t spend extra to get points. It’s what I need and would spend anyway. And bonus - I don’t have to pack my own bags.
Yes Aldi prices may be cheaper but considering the 1/2 price specials and offers available then I prefer Coles.
Don’t forget you can get $2 home delivery or free to boot. Aldi should have a better site so we could really compare before we buy

Reactions: Tervueren
The small tool kits that Aldi was selling (for the second time that I know of) several months ago now for $30, has proven to be an absolute stand out for me. I reach for this small kit of spanners and drive sockets often, as I do a variety of handyman jobs! Great value!

Usual price for Western Star Butter 500g spreadable at Coles is $7-00.

I don't understand why Aldi do not have any stores in the NT. Not 1. We have many Coles, Woolworths & IGA but no Aldi. I for one would buy from Aldi as would many others. The there is a large population here, thousands more than a lot of country town Aldi stores.

Reactions: Art is everything