Discover the $2.25 Kmart hack that this Aussie mum used to make her kitchen sink mess vanish!

We all know the feeling - opening up the cupboard under the kitchen sink only to be confronted with a disarray of cleaning products, spray bottles, and opened boxes. It's a sight that would make anyone's heart sink (no pun intended). But fear not, our fellow Seniors Discount Club members, because we have a fantastic and affordable solution for you!

An ingenious Aussie mum, Tiffany, from Wollongong in NSW, has shared her simple and cost-effective Kmart hack that transformed her messy kitchen cupboard into a neatly organised space. And the best part? It only cost her a few dollars!

Before diving into the details of Tiffany's hack, let's take a moment to appreciate the benefits of decluttering and organising. Studies have shown that decluttering can help reduce stress, increase productivity, and create a more pleasant living environment. Plus, who doesn't love the satisfaction of seeing a tidy and well-organised space?

Now, let's get back to Tiffany's amazing transformation. Known as home.style.by.tiff on social media, this resourceful mum is no stranger to sharing 'rental friendly hacks and DIY projects' as well as interior styling videos for those on a budget. With a knack for creating beautiful spaces without breaking the bank, she decided to tackle the chaos under her kitchen sink and share her organising journey with her followers.

'Organising under our kitchen sink using a few products from Kmart Australia,' Tiffany captioned her post on TikTok. The before and after images are truly remarkable, showing that even the smallest of investments can make a huge difference.

1682930526150.png
Tiffany's kitchen cupboard before and after decluttering and organising. Credit: TikTok/@homestylebytiff

To begin her transformation, Tiffany first cleared out the cupboard and wiped down the surface area. She then headed to Kmart and purchased a $12 bamboo three-tier shelf and a $2.25 two-pack of tea towel holders. While she was there, she also picked up some affordable storage containers and labels to make her cupboard even more organised.

Back home, Tiffany started by placing the bamboo shelf in the cupboard, providing a perfect space for sorting and organising her various cleaning products. A glass jar for dishwashing tablets sits atop a stackable drawer, where she neatly stores cleaning wipes, scourers, and sponges.

Her numerous air fresheners are displayed like trophies on the three-tier shelf, while the tea towel holders are stuck on the inside of one cupboard door, and a hook is placed on the other for her dustpan. Two white tubs, one medium and one small, provide storage space for her multipurpose sprays, dishwashing liquids, and bug sprays.

To make things even easier, Tiffany also used labels so she doesn’t have to rummage around searching for the right product. As she told her Instagram followers, 'I'm slowly working my way around the house giving each cupboard a little makeover by decluttering and organising.'

To maintain her newly organised space, Tiffany follows a simple cleaning schedule and ensures that cleaning products are stored properly to prevent any spills or accidents. There’s also the 'one in, one out' rule which is a simple organising principle that helps maintain decluttered and organised spaces. The idea is that when you bring a new item into a space, you should remove an existing item of a similar type or function. This helps prevent overcrowding and keeps your storage areas from becoming cluttered over time.

Key Takeaways

• Decluttering and organising can provide numerous benefits, such as reducing stress, increasing productivity, and creating a more pleasant living environment.
  • An ingenious Aussie mum shared her simple and cost-effective Kmart hack to transform her messy kitchen cupboard into a neatly organised space
  • She used a $12 bamboo three-tier shelf, $2.25 two-pack tea towel holders, storage containers, and labels to create a functional and organised space under her kitchen sink.

Tiffany's followers were blown away by the incredible transformation, with many praising her ingenuity and asking for her help. One commenter shared their own success story, saying, 'I tried this hack, and now I can actually find what I need in my cupboard without making a mess!'

1682925871223.png
Tiffany, a mum-of-two, often posts home styling videos on TikTok and Instagram. Credit: Instagram/@home.style.by.tiff

Indeed, Tiffany's simple Kmart tip proves that even the messiest of cupboards can be tamed with a little creativity and a small budget.

So, our dear SDC members, next time you're feeling overwhelmed by the chaos under your kitchen sink, remember Tiffany's clever idea and give it a try. If she can do it, so can you! And who knows, you might even find a newfound love for organising and decluttering other areas of your home. Just remember to avoid common organising mistakes, like over-stuffing your cupboards or neglecting to properly store cleaning products. And, as always, keep your sense of humour intact as you tackle your own kitchen mess. Happy tidying!

Attachments

• 1682925917410.png
    1682925917410.png
    526.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored
We all know the feeling - opening up the cupboard under the kitchen sink only to be confronted with a disarray of cleaning products, spray bottles, and opened boxes. It's a sight that would make anyone's heart sink (no pun intended). But fear not, our fellow Seniors Discount Club members, because we have a fantastic and affordable solution for you!

An ingenious Aussie mum, Tiffany, from Wollongong in NSW, has shared her simple and cost-effective Kmart hack that transformed her messy kitchen cupboard into a neatly organised space. And the best part? It only cost her a few dollars!

Before diving into the details of Tiffany's hack, let's take a moment to appreciate the benefits of decluttering and organising. Studies have shown that decluttering can help reduce stress, increase productivity, and create a more pleasant living environment. Plus, who doesn't love the satisfaction of seeing a tidy and well-organised space?

Now, let's get back to Tiffany's amazing transformation. Known as home.style.by.tiff on social media, this resourceful mum is no stranger to sharing 'rental friendly hacks and DIY projects' as well as interior styling videos for those on a budget. With a knack for creating beautiful spaces without breaking the bank, she decided to tackle the chaos under her kitchen sink and share her organising journey with her followers.

'Organising under our kitchen sink using a few products from Kmart Australia,' Tiffany captioned her post on TikTok. The before and after images are truly remarkable, showing that even the smallest of investments can make a huge difference.

View attachment 18833
Tiffany's kitchen cupboard before and after decluttering and organising. Credit: TikTok/@homestylebytiff

To begin her transformation, Tiffany first cleared out the cupboard and wiped down the surface area. She then headed to Kmart and purchased a $12 bamboo three-tier shelf and a $2.25 two-pack of tea towel holders. While she was there, she also picked up some affordable storage containers and labels to make her cupboard even more organised.

Back home, Tiffany started by placing the bamboo shelf in the cupboard, providing a perfect space for sorting and organising her various cleaning products. A glass jar for dishwashing tablets sits atop a stackable drawer, where she neatly stores cleaning wipes, scourers, and sponges.

Her numerous air fresheners are displayed like trophies on the three-tier shelf, while the tea towel holders are stuck on the inside of one cupboard door, and a hook is placed on the other for her dustpan. Two white tubs, one medium and one small, provide storage space for her multipurpose sprays, dishwashing liquids, and bug sprays.

To make things even easier, Tiffany also used labels so she doesn’t have to rummage around searching for the right product. As she told her Instagram followers, 'I'm slowly working my way around the house giving each cupboard a little makeover by decluttering and organising.'

To maintain her newly organised space, Tiffany follows a simple cleaning schedule and ensures that cleaning products are stored properly to prevent any spills or accidents. There’s also the 'one in, one out' rule which is a simple organising principle that helps maintain decluttered and organised spaces. The idea is that when you bring a new item into a space, you should remove an existing item of a similar type or function. This helps prevent overcrowding and keeps your storage areas from becoming cluttered over time.

Key Takeaways

• Decluttering and organising can provide numerous benefits, such as reducing stress, increasing productivity, and creating a more pleasant living environment.
  • An ingenious Aussie mum shared her simple and cost-effective Kmart hack to transform her messy kitchen cupboard into a neatly organised space
  • She used a $12 bamboo three-tier shelf, $2.25 two-pack tea towel holders, storage containers, and labels to create a functional and organised space under her kitchen sink.

Tiffany's followers were blown away by the incredible transformation, with many praising her ingenuity and asking for her help. One commenter shared their own success story, saying, 'I tried this hack, and now I can actually find what I need in my cupboard without making a mess!'

View attachment 18828
Tiffany, a mum-of-two, often posts home styling videos on TikTok and Instagram. Credit: Instagram/@home.style.by.tiff

Indeed, Tiffany's simple Kmart tip proves that even the messiest of cupboards can be tamed with a little creativity and a small budget.

So, our dear SDC members, next time you're feeling overwhelmed by the chaos under your kitchen sink, remember Tiffany's clever idea and give it a try. If she can do it, so can you! And who knows, you might even find a newfound love for organising and decluttering other areas of your home. Just remember to avoid common organising mistakes, like over-stuffing your cupboards or neglecting to properly store cleaning products. And, as always, keep your sense of humour intact as you tackle your own kitchen mess. Happy tidying!
Do you get paid by K mart to put all this rubbish online?

Ingenious mum. Really? Storage containers and even shelves that can be assembled around the pipes have been around forever. Can't imagine there being people without some sort of storage container. No different to anywhere else in the house - bathroom, closet, laundry, kitchen........

Hello! The SDC doesn't have a commercial partnership with Kmart, but we do feature stories about their products and experiences because we think they can be helpful, if not useful, for our members. Our main goal with stories like this is to share information and insights, and maybe even improve members' shopping experience. 🙏

Maybe it seems like rubbish to you, and I must admit I already keep my under sink organized, but believe me many people don't have a clue.
Over many years of doing tenants house inspections I am no longer surprised at the mess (and filth)some people live in.

Ingenious mum. Really? Storage containers and even shelves that can be assembled around the pipes have been around forever. Can't imagine there being people without some sort of storage container. No different to anywhere else in the house - bathroom, closet, laundry, kitchen........
Oh, believe me, there are many, try doing tenant inspections, it's a real eye opener. I'm sure some have no idea what a broom or a bucket and mop are let alone storage containers.
No disrespect to the good tenants out there.

Reactions: Defiant540