Discover the ‘fantastic’ $5 Kmart gadget flying off shelves!

As the Australian summer heats up, so does the battle against the ever-present, ever-annoying flies.

But fear not, a simple, affordable solution has been found, and it's flying off the shelves at Kmart Australia.

A fly repellant fan from Kmart is the latest must-have gadget that's making waves across the country, and it's selling out fast.

The Kmart Fly Repellent Fan, a humble $5 investment, is a straightforward solution to a problem as old as time.

With Australia experiencing a surge in fly populations due to the warm weather, millions have been on the hunt for effective ways to keep these winged nuisances at bay.

compressed-Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 8.47.23 AM.jpeg
Shoppers are raving about how easy and effective the Kmart $5 Fly Repellant Fan is. Credit: Kmart

This gadget has been hailed as a 'genius' buy, with hundreds of shoppers awarding it a five-star rating.

The fan, a simple yet effective device, has been dubbed an 'entertainer's best friend’.

‘Absolutely fantastic. Keeps all the annoying bugs and flies away not only when you are eating but also when entertaining,’ one said.

It's not just a hit at meal times but also a great companion when entertaining guests outdoors.

The fan features special dots on its propeller blades, creating a motion that deters flies, keeping your food and company fly-free.

The Kmart fly repellent fan has also been compared to the more expensive Shooaway Fly Repellent Fan, priced at $21.90.

However, shoppers are flocking to Kmart, drawn by the gadget's low price and high effectiveness. The chemical-free aspect of the fan is another major selling point, making it a safe choice for families and environmentally conscious consumers.

Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 9.12.14 AM.png
Kmart’s fly-repellent gadget is being compared to the Shooaway Fly Repellent Fan. Credit: ShooAway

This portable device, powered by two AA batteries, is lightweight and easily fits into tote bags and picnic baskets. It's perfect for outdoor gatherings like barbecues, picnics, or even a quiet afternoon reading under a tree.

Customers have been quick to share their positive experiences with the fan.

‘I originally purchased these for Christmas time, but they have become an almost everyday use,’ one said.

'This little beauty is brilliant. No flies on the food, even at summer BBQs,' wrote one satisfied mum.

Another customer appreciated the fan's soft blades, which prevent injuries even if accidentally nudged.

‘It really doesn't disappoint—such an easy and affordable solution,’ one man wrote.

While the Kmart fly repellent fan is a great solution for outdoor gatherings, there are other ways to keep flies away from your home.

One such method is setting up a fly trap outdoors, attracting insects away from your kitchen and family.

Tiffany, a Perth resident, shared her success with a hanging fly trap net catcher, using rotten fruit as bait.

Flies are attracted to rotten fruit due to the high concentration of acetic acid, a product of fruit fermentation.

Tiffany's clever hack trapped hundreds of flies, keeping them out of her home and earning her praise from fellow fly-fighters.

‘Well done! No more flies swarming around my backyard,' Tiffany said.

'These things are amazing.'

Many were grateful for her tip.

'Wow, thank you!' one said.

'I definitely need to try this, I'm being eaten alive.'

The fly season can bring understandable annoyance.

But instead of writing them off as a mere nuisance, why not take the opportunity to appreciate these small creatures with whom we share our world?

In a previous story, different types of flies and their effects on health were explained. It also discussed pest management, which we can easily and effectively use to keep flies away. Read more here.
Key Takeaways

• Shoppers are raving about the effective and budget-friendly Kmart Fly Repellant Fan, selling at $5.
  • The gadget has sparked much interest due to the recent surge in fly populations in Australia, with many praising its ability to keep flies away without using chemicals.
  • The fly-repellant fan features special dots on its blades to deter pests and operates on two AA batteries, making it portable and convenient for outdoor events.
  • Customers have compared the Kmart device to more expensive alternatives, valuing its affordability and effectiveness, and the soft blades prevent injury if touched.
Have you tried the Kmart fly repellent fan? Do you have any other tips for keeping flies at bay? Share your experiences and suggestions in the comments below!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored
This would have been newsworthy BEFORE Xmas when they WERE available!
Good luck if anyone is able to nab one of these at KMart now! Saw these instore BEFORE Xmas and kicked myself for not buying some! Searches do not even have them in stock!
Recently purchase a pack of 3 from Temu for $21....do a great job!

Reactions: Gsr and Littleboy8
These have been around for quite a while. I have seen them in a few catalogues and on shopping sites. I bought 5 packs of 2 at Bunnings last November, this was out of the second delivery they received. bunnings also had them 12 months before this lot. I gave them to family, my sister who lives in the shed said they work really well and even deter the mosquitoes as well as flies. My son who was having a fly problem around his bbq area, he thinks due to the dog they now have, also said they work great.

These have been around for quite a while. I have seen them in a few catalogues and on shopping sites. I bought 5 packs of 2 at Bunnings last November, this was out of the second delivery they received. bunnings also had them 12 months before this lot. I gave them to family, my sister who lives in the shed said they work really well and even deter the mosquitoes as well as flies. My son who was having a fly problem around his bbq area, he thinks due to the dog they now have, also said they work great.
Why would the dog bring flies or are you referring to his pooh that he does.🙀

Why would the dog bring flies or are you referring to his pooh that he does.🙀
I’m not sure, I know they pick up after her all the time. They said they have a lot more flies around since they got the dog and the fly fans help. Could just be that there are more flies around anyway this year.

Reactions: Littleboy8
This would have been newsworthy BEFORE Xmas when they WERE available!
Good luck if anyone is able to nab one of these at KMart now! Saw these instore BEFORE Xmas and kicked myself for not buying some! Searches do not even have them in stock!
Recently purchase a pack of 3 from Temu for $21....do a great job!
TEMU is abit of a dodge.