Discover how this mum made her old tiles sparkle with a $3 cleaning product!

Keeping the bathroom tiles looking sparkling and fresh is the perfect way to make your home look its best to both guests and your family.

But for those who can’t afford to hire a professional to install new tiles, you can use this budget-friendly solution to keep your bathroom tiles spick and span!

We like our homes to be neat and tidy and as attractive as possible. That can require effort, and if your tiled floor has become dull and lifeless, it can take a lot of hard work to get it looking sparkling clean again.

But this doesn’t have to involve too many expensive or time-consuming tricks.

Thankfully, one mum has recently discovered a budget-friendly solution to spruce up her old tiles—and it only cost her $3.25!

Screenshot 2023-12-08 115449.png
An Australian mum discovered an affordable product to clean her tiles and make them look new! Image: Facebook

Jemma from Queensland was fed up with cleaning her floors for hours on end but not seeing the results in the end. Her tiles always ended up looking like they did before she started cleaning.

She’d experimented with numerous chemical cleaners and homemade remedies but still no luck.

Then, she decided to try Magic Eraser spot cleaner and suddenly, her tiles were sparkling—apparently, 30 minutes was enough to set her tiles right, as opposed to the two hours she spent trying out her home remedies.

‘I used every chemical cleaner I could find, scrubbed it so hard, and nothing would work,’ she shared along with her before and after photos.

‘The second photo was from using a Magic Eraser. I actually couldn't believe how well it worked.’

Do note that the Magic Eraser is a mildly abrasive cleaning product, so you have to be careful about what surfaces you use them on.

You should also keep it wet and don’t apply too much pressure to it, otherwise, you’ll end up with dull tiles again, as shared by a professional cleaner.

'It was so much quicker [than] when I tried all the chemicals, and I had to really scrub them. I think it took me two hours to clean the bathroom, and it still wasn't great—but the Magic Eraser only took 30 minutes,' Jemma added.

Others, who have also tried the cleaning product, also shared their positive results.

One person said: ‘I have been using a Magic White Eraser on my bathroom tiles and glass doors for five years and it’s brilliant. I will not use anything else.’

‘Magic Erasers are the best. I wish they would make mops with them,’ another wrote.

However, there were some people warning against the cleaning buy, as too much pressure and abrasion may cause damage to the tile layers.

'Those work like sandpaper. I'd seal those tiles as soon as possible!' one warned.

'I'm not a tile expert but could the Magic Eraser have damaged the surface of the tile like it does with paint? They don't actually clean, they just take layers off,' another said.

If you'd like to spruce up your bathroom tiles without spending a fortune on products like steam mops and chemical cleaners, then this Magic Eraser just might be the trick.

As long as you’re careful not to apply too much pressure, you may have your home looking as good as new for a fraction of the cost!

Key Takeaways
  • A Queensland mum has utilised a budget product, the Magic Eraser spot cleaner, to transform her dirty bathroom tiles to look new.
  • The product cut her cleaning time down dramatically, achieving sparkling tiles in 30 minutes, compared to her previous effort of two hours using various cleaners and home remedies.
  • The Magic Eraser is mildly abrasive, so you have to be careful on what surfaces you use them on.
  • While many hailed the Magic Eraser as a great cleaning tool, some users warned that it works like sandpaper and could potentially damage surfaces.

What do you think of this story? Will you try the ‘Magic Eraser’ for your home cleaning? Let us know in the comments below!

Reactions: Lee At 60
Sponsored
I tried them on my shower glass and now have tiny scratches in some places, so be careful people where you use them.

I tried them on my shower glass and now have tiny scratches in some places, so be careful people where you use them.
I used them in my lodge for nearly 20 years no problem and still use them today no problem. Maybe it’s your glass in the shower because there is no way the product can scratch.😁

Fortunately, I don't have a problem with my tiles.
As far as cleaning goes, in the shower recess, I give them a quick wipe over with microfibre after every shower. Only takes a few minutes.
When I first put them in, I give the shower screens a go over with car polish. Water beads off. I still do a microfibre wipe of the glass after every shower and every now and then put the car polish on. Mind you, I wouldn't put the polish on if the glass was not cleaned first.
We live in an chemical free household, so, avoid most cleaning products as much as possible. The Magic Eraser sounds OK, but I would want to know what is in it.

Keeping the bathroom tiles looking sparkling and fresh is the perfect way to make your home look its best to both guests and your family.

But for those who can’t afford to hire a professional to install new tiles, you can use this budget-friendly solution to keep your bathroom tiles spick and span!

We like our homes to be neat and tidy and as attractive as possible. That can require effort, and if your tiled floor has become dull and lifeless, it can take a lot of hard work to get it looking sparkling clean again.

But this doesn’t have to involve too many expensive or time-consuming tricks.

Thankfully, one mum has recently discovered a budget-friendly solution to spruce up her old tiles—and it only cost her $3.25!

View attachment 36962
An Australian mum discovered an affordable product to clean her tiles and make them look new! Image: Facebook

Jemma from Queensland was fed up with cleaning her floors for hours on end but not seeing the results in the end. Her tiles always ended up looking like they did before she started cleaning.

She’d experimented with numerous chemical cleaners and homemade remedies but still no luck.

Then, she decided to try Magic Eraser spot cleaner and suddenly, her tiles were sparkling—apparently, 30 minutes was enough to set her tiles right, as opposed to the two hours she spent trying out her home remedies.

‘I used every chemical cleaner I could find, scrubbed it so hard, and nothing would work,’ she shared along with her before and after photos.

‘The second photo was from using a Magic Eraser. I actually couldn't believe how well it worked.’

Do note that the Magic Eraser is a mildly abrasive cleaning product, so you have to be careful about what surfaces you use them on.

You should also keep it wet and don’t apply too much pressure to it, otherwise, you’ll end up with dull tiles again, as shared by a professional cleaner.

'It was so much quicker [than] when I tried all the chemicals, and I had to really scrub them. I think it took me two hours to clean the bathroom, and it still wasn't great—but the Magic Eraser only took 30 minutes,' Jemma added.

Others, who have also tried the cleaning product, also shared their positive results.

One person said: ‘I have been using a Magic White Eraser on my bathroom tiles and glass doors for five years and it’s brilliant. I will not use anything else.’

‘Magic Erasers are the best. I wish they would make mops with them,’ another wrote.

However, there were some people warning against the cleaning buy, as too much pressure and abrasion may cause damage to the tile layers.

'Those work like sandpaper. I'd seal those tiles as soon as possible!' one warned.

'I'm not a tile expert but could the Magic Eraser have damaged the surface of the tile like it does with paint? They don't actually clean, they just take layers off,' another said.

If you'd like to spruce up your bathroom tiles without spending a fortune on products like steam mops and chemical cleaners, then this Magic Eraser just might be the trick.

As long as you’re careful not to apply too much pressure, you may have your home looking as good as new for a fraction of the cost!

Key Takeaways

• A Queensland mum has utilised a budget product, the Magic Eraser spot cleaner, to transform her dirty bathroom tiles to look new.
  • The product cut her cleaning time down dramatically, achieving sparkling tiles in 30 minutes, compared to her previous effort of two hours using various cleaners and home remedies.
  • The Magic Eraser is mildly abrasive, so you have to be careful on what surfaces you use them on.
  • While many hailed the Magic Eraser as a great cleaning tool, some users warned that it works like sandpaper and could potentially damage surfaces.

What do you think of this story? Will you try the ‘Magic Eraser’ for your home cleaning? Let us know in the comments below!
I'm going to try this nothing to lose hopefully will get clean tiles

Reactions: Annna