Discover how this Mum cleans while travelling!

The next time you check into a hotel room, think twice before unpacking your bags and settling into ‘clean’ sheets. With an influx of regular guests and the inability to fully clean them in between stays, even the nicest of hotel rooms may not be as pristine as you think.

Not to worry, because this mum has a cleaning routine that she says can help you stay germ-free while travelling.

The mum, Niki, shared a video on social media demonstrating how easy it is to maintain a clean and hygienic environment while on the go, and it’s a routine that’s getting plenty of praise and has been watched over 4.9 million times.

‘I always say, “This clean life ain't for everyone and that's okay! Do you!” but I know that thousands of people check in and out of these hotel rooms and the majority of them have the mindset of most of these people in my comments,’ she said.

photo (2).jpg
Niki shared a video of her cleaning routine while in hotels. Credit: @operation_niki / TikTok[

She goes through her cleaning routine in all hotel rooms, no matter how many stars the hotel has.

Niki brings out her arsenal of cleaning products, and sets to work disinfecting all of the ‘touch points’ in the room.

In fact, a hotel manager revealed in a previous article we made about one thing we shouldn’t unpack whenever we travel. Read this story to know more about it.

‘I brought four products with me, three of which were travel-sized and took up virtually no space in my suitcase. Not to mention this takes me about 20 minutes. I don't think that's much out of my entire week's day,’ she explained.

The four products she used were a sanitising spray, disinfecting wipes, disinfecting mist, and disposable sheets.

Using these items, she cleans the TV remote, the door handles, the bedside table, the bedding, and - her biggest enemy - the toilet.

Her routine is so thorough that she even brings along a disposable sheet set which she uses instead of the ones already in the room.

Niki’s disposable sheets are a helpful idea in Paris as it currently faces a bedbug crisis, which has been a concern due to the high volume of tourists returning to the ‘City of Lights.’

Even housekeepers praised her for her thorough job. One housekeeper confessed: ‘As a former housekeeper you should definitely disinfect the bathroom because where I worked we used one cloth to wipe everything including the toilet’.

Niki estimated that her deep clean takes no more than 15 minutes but it does help to give her peace of mind and a germ-free environment for her and her family.

Niki concluded her video, ‘I'm not here to convince you to clean your hotel rooms. My videos are here to educate and share what I like doing for me and my family. The last thing I want to do is contract a disease or carry home bed bugs. Better to be safe than sorry, in my opinion.”

These simple steps can help you stay safe and germ-free when travelling, and can give you peace of mind.
Key Takeaways

• A mother has shared her extensive hotel room cleaning routine on social media, emphasising that no matter the hotel's calibre, germs are present.
  • Her video, which has garnered over 4.9 million views, shows her disinfecting multiple touch points in the room and even using her own disposable sheets.
  • Her cleaning routine was praised by viewers, with one claiming her routine made them feel more at ease when staying in hotel rooms.
  • A former housekeeper commented, advocating the importance of disinfecting the bathroom as they used a single cloth for every surface in their previous role.

Do you have any tips or cleaning routines you’d like to share with us when travelling? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored