Discount partnership offers cost of living relief for older Aussies

Navigating the rising cost of living can be challenging, especially for seniors.

But there's good news for seniors looking to stretch their dollars further.

The State Government has teamed up with United Petroleum to offer a fuel discount that promises to ease the financial burden at the petrol pump.

This new initiative is a breath of fresh air for Western Australian Seniors Card members, who can now register online for the United app or obtain a plastic United fuel discount card.

By doing so, they'll be able to shave four cents off every litre of fuel purchased at United service stations across the country.

shutterstock_2493877967.jpg
Western Australian seniors can get fuel discounts when they register for the United app or get a United fuel discount card. Credit: Shutterstock

It's estimated that members who take advantage of this discount could pocket up to $70 a year. With 34 United Petroleum fuel outlets in Western Australia, including 11 in regional areas, and over 400 around Australia, the discount is both accessible and substantial.

This partnership is a testament to the Cook Government's dedication to supporting older Western Australians by making everyday expenses more manageable.

This commitment extends beyond the fuel discount, as the government has introduced several other cost-of-living measures.

One such measure is the Regional Pensioner Travel Card, which has already provided over 55,000 regional pensioners with $675 per annum to help cover the costs of fuel or taxi travel.

This initiative is particularly beneficial for those living in areas where public transport options are limited, ensuring that mobility and independence are maintained.

Moreover, WA Seniors Card members can tap into a range of State Government concessions and rebates.

These include discounts on public transport, water rates, and local government rates, which can cumulatively lead to substantial savings over time.

The exclusive $400 Safety and Security Rebate is another perk for WA seniors, allowing them to claim back expenses on eligible home security, electrical, or fire safety items.

Over 30,000 WA seniors have already benefited from this initiative, enhancing their home safety without straining their wallets.

Additionally, the Cost of Living Rebate has distributed more than $28 million in direct financial assistance to registered cardholders this financial year.
Key Takeaways
  • The State Government of Western Australia has partnered with United Petroleum to provide a fuel discount to WA Seniors Card members.
  • Eligible seniors can save four cents per litre on fuel, potentially saving around $70 per annum.
  • The initiative is part of the Cook Government's efforts to ease the cost of living for older Western Australians.
  • In addition to the fuel discount, WA Seniors Card members have access to other concessions, rebates, and benefits like the Regional Pensioner Travel Card and the Safety and Security Rebate.
Have you already benefited from the fuel discount or other government rebates? Share your experiences in the comments below!

Sponsored
Do people know that United Fuel Stations only employ Indian Staff they bluntly refuse to employ Aussies
I refuse to use or go there i think its a disgrace
Who cares really , what do you have against Indian people?
Their business, they can employ who they like.
I don't care if the person serving me is blue, yellow, black or green as long as I get my petrol at a good price.

In SA we have had this for ages. If you have a national seniors card or pension card you can register on line with them and get a physical discount card or app on a smart phone.

Do people know that United Fuel Stations only employ Indian Staff they bluntly refuse to employ Aussies
I refuse to use or go there i think its a disgrace
How do you know the people of Indian appearance were not born in Australia, making them Australian staff. Most people of white appearance won't do these jobs, they are on the dole. ( I'm not Indian) just saying. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
How do you know the people of Indian appearance were not born in Australia, making them Australian staff. Most people of white appearance won't do these jobs, they are on the dole. ( I'm not Indian) just saying. :rolleyes:
My family is persil white while I am not, I used to have a very dark complexion which is part of my Romany heritage. When we came to Australia which nearly didn't happen because of an aprtheid style of White Australia Policy which only ended in 1973 under a Whilam government finally renouncing laws passed in 1966 by the Holt before he went for a swim off Portsea?

Reactions: magpie1 and PattiB
What is the eligibility criteria? And where do I apply? Have heard about this but not seen how to apply for it if I’m eligible
Ask at Centrelink....if no good there then go directly to servo and talk to the manager.....Good Luck@Hollingwortlake.

In SA we have had this for ages. If you have a national seniors card or pension card you can register on line with them and get a physical discount card or app on a smart phone.
IM a STH Aussie know nothing about this .please tell me more... jay2

Reactions: deni67
We already get this off by shopping at Coles …the discount is on the receipt and you don’t have to buy much….. We’re in Perth….

Reactions: mylittletibbies
My family is persil white while I am not, I used to have a very dark complexion which is part of my Romany heritage. When we came to Australia which nearly didn't happen because of an aprtheid style of White Australia Policy which only ended in 1973 under a Whilam government finally renouncing laws passed in 1966 by the Holt before he went for a swim off Portsea?
I thought he went fishing, and also doubled as the bait !!🦑
Hmm, must have been wrong ✖️