Dietician reveals recipe for delicious “recovery drink” to cure that nasty hangover — “It’s so good!”

A dietician has taken the internet by storm after she shared her hack to "cure" hangovers.

Monica, who has a Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition and a Master's Degree in Dietetics, took to TikTok to share the recipe for a drink that she claims to have helped her feel better after a fun-filled night.

"I'm a dietician who lives in New York and likes to go out every weekend. I know a lot of dieticians on this app like to pretend that they're always eating fruits and vegetables but nobody does that, it's not realistic," she says at the start of the clip.

While we have reported before that experts said that there is no exact cure for a hangover and the "hacks" available only help you not feel worse, the dietician claimed that the drink — she dubbed as “recovery lemonade” — has helped her feel like she has done something to help her body get some nutrients despite having a long tough weekend of partying.

"I wanted to show you guys what I make when I'm trying to feel better about myself if I had, like, a really tough weekend," she says.

"I'm going to show you what I do when I'm scared - when I had a long weekend and I want to feel like I'm doing something to get some nutrients and something in my body to act like it never happened."

So, what exactly is the recipe for the "recovery lemonade"?

Credit: TikTok/@saltandsagenutrition

First, she mixes in three tablespoons of lemon juice in a large, 24-ounce jar filled with water.

Next, she adds three tablespoons of Gourmet Garden ginger stir-in paste.

Monica explains: "Sometimes you just don't have time, enough of shaming people into thinking they need to do everything perfectly. This is literally a tube from the store."

She then adds a packet of Whole Earth turmeric sweetener.

'It's great, it sweetens it up.'

The dietician also explains that the turmeric in the sweetener helps fight the inflammation from the alcohol and other unhealthy food that you might've consumed over a night of partying.

Additionally, Monica emphasises that the other ingredients in the drink can give you added benefits — lemon juice for good skin and ginger for alleviating stomach aches.

"But the biggest reason you're going to feel better from this is hydration," she says.

Lastly, the dietician strains the drink to remove any leftover pieces of ginger before pouring the drink into a glass filled with ice.

YqVdmMHUjp5XwhOPmQDIXznCYbMoIs9IaEnMec0hi1MBwoIPgDamvXApzkjgXMECxGt-QvAg6tEPJCysqfgewPzry4Exy3MouuZ01pfeTi2xIbfPi8yaIxO2ZpRyNjWmSjdp3tw

Monica said that aside from its benefits, the drink is also delicious and refreshing. Credit: TikTok/@saltandsagenutrition.

For those who don’t like the turmeric packets she uses or don’t have any on hand, don’t stress! Monica has got you covered!

In another video, the dietician shared an alternative recipe without using the turmeric packets.

Credit: TikTok/@saltandsagenutrition

Monica revealed that all you need to do to replace the turmeric packets is to create your own mix using one teaspoon of turmeric, one to two teaspoons (depending on your taste) of agave, and a pinch of black pepper.

Both of the videos have garnered more than 4 million views and thousands of comments combined.

Thousands of TikTok users have expressed their excitement over the drink, with many claiming that they tried the drink themselves.

One person wrote: "I made this for my [boyfriend] this week and now he's been requesting it every day."

"Love this!" another added.

A third quipped: "I used to work at a juice place and whenever I was hungover at work I'd grab the turmeric shot first thing."

Others suggested some tweaks to the recipe to make it taste better.

One person wrote: "Made this today and so good! I added beetroot powder to mine."

"All I had was the Simply Light lemonade and I added water, ginger, turmeric, and black pepper," another suggested.

Would you try this drink? Tell us your thoughts in the comments section below!

Reactions: Ricci
Sponsored