Did you know about this rare Bunnings boardgame?—'It's the greatest thing we've ever seen!'

Australia's iconic hardware retail giant Bunnings is loved by tradies and home renovators alike for its massive selection and low prices.

But it seems the massive chain, currently boasting over 250 stores across Australia and New Zealand, has also tried its hand at retail dominance in another arena—board games.

This week, a rare gem surfaced online that brought joy to home improvement enthusiasts and game lovers alike: a little-known Bunnings Warehouse edition of Monopoly.

Shared through a video on social media that quickly amassed over 114,000 views, this special find has created quite a stir!

SDC 4.png
Two friends discover the game of Bunnings Monopoly. Image source: TikTok/@max_from_holloway.

'Me and Taylor have just found possibly the greatest thing we've ever seen,' said the first man in the video.

'So you've heard of Monopoly, you've heard of Star Wars Monopoly, you've heard of Simpsons Monopoly, you've heard of Monopoly Junior, but have you ever heard of Bunnings Monopoly?' The second man in the video said as he held up the game.

Cracking open the green lid, which proudly showed the'Monopoly Bunnings Warehouse 2007 Edition' label, along with the store’s famous tagline 'lowest prices are just the beginning', the social media user from New Zealand revealed that the classic game tokens had been reimagined to reflect the hardware store's theme.

The standard Monopoly tokens had been replaced by a hammer, bolt and nut, wheelbarrow, barbecue, paint bucket and brush, and a tape measure.

SDC Images (6).png
The usual Monopoly properties were replaced with photos of different Bunnings branches. Image source: TikTok/@max_from_holloway.

Sharp-eyed viewers pointed out that the retailer missed out on a huge missed opportunity to include a sausage and bread token.

In a quick view of the board, the usual Monopoly properties had been swapped out for photos of Bunnings branches across Australia and New Zealand: Esperance, Noosavilla, Cairns, Midland, Tamworth and Hamilton, to name a few. Community Chest was also aptly renamed Community Toolbox.

But don't rush to your nearest Bunnings Warehouse expecting to find a stack of these Monopoly sets just waiting to be purchased.

These sets were a 2007 Christmas gift, exclusively given to Bunnings team members and were not available for sale to customers.

However, determined shoppers may find used sets on eBay for about $65, or even a 'factory sealed' one being offered for a whopping $184.25.

You can watch the video of the board game below:

Source: TikTok/@max_from_holloway.

Many expressed their excitement for the game, with one user saying: 'Bunnings should rerelease this. I would buy it!'

'I want it please,' another commented.

While a third added: 'Can they come out with this again I want it as a Christmas present!'

A few users said they owned one or more of the sets and enjoyed playing the board game.

'My mum and dad worked in the head office and brought home like five sets,' boasts one viewer.

While another shared: 'I got a set given to us by someone that worked at Bunnings!'

One user even wondered: 'I wonder if they will make an IKEA version?'
Key Takeaways
  • A little-known version of the board game Monopoly themed around Australia's biggest hardware store, Bunnings, has been discovered.
  • The board game was revealed on a video posted on social media and featured properties representing various Bunnings stores and playing tokens, including a wheelbarrow, barbecue, and paint bucket.
  • The Bunnings Monopoly set was only given to Bunnings team members in 2007 as a Christmas gift and was not made available for sale in stores.
  • The game has proven popular online, with used sets currently selling on eBay for around $65 and 'factory sealed' ones advertised for $184.25.
Members, would you want to play this game? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored
Australia's iconic hardware retail giant Bunnings is loved by tradies and home renovators alike for its massive selection and low prices.

But it seems the massive chain, currently boasting over 250 stores across Australia and New Zealand, has also tried its hand at retail dominance in another arena—board games.

This week, a rare gem surfaced online that brought joy to home improvement enthusiasts and game lovers alike: a little-known Bunnings Warehouse edition of Monopoly.

Shared through a video on social media that quickly amassed over 114,000 views, this special find has created quite a stir!

View attachment 33795
Two friends discover the game of Bunnings Monopoly. Image source: TikTok/@max_from_holloway.

'Me and Taylor have just found possibly the greatest thing we've ever seen,' said the first man in the video.

'So you've heard of Monopoly, you've heard of Star Wars Monopoly, you've heard of Simpsons Monopoly, you've heard of Monopoly Junior, but have you ever heard of Bunnings Monopoly?' The second man in the video said as he held up the game.

Cracking open the green lid, which proudly showed the'Monopoly Bunnings Warehouse 2007 Edition' label, along with the store’s famous tagline 'lowest prices are just the beginning', the social media user from New Zealand revealed that the classic game tokens had been reimagined to reflect the hardware store's theme.

The standard Monopoly tokens had been replaced by a hammer, bolt and nut, wheelbarrow, barbecue, paint bucket and brush, and a tape measure.

View attachment 33796
The usual Monopoly properties were replaced with photos of different Bunnings branches. Image source: TikTok/@max_from_holloway.

Sharp-eyed viewers pointed out that the retailer missed out on a huge missed opportunity to include a sausage and bread token.

In a quick view of the board, the usual Monopoly properties had been swapped out for photos of Bunnings branches across Australia and New Zealand: Esperance, Noosavilla, Cairns, Midland, Tamworth and Hamilton, to name a few. Community Chest was also aptly renamed Community Toolbox.

But don't rush to your nearest Bunnings Warehouse expecting to find a stack of these Monopoly sets just waiting to be purchased.

These sets were a 2007 Christmas gift, exclusively given to Bunnings team members and were not available for sale to customers.

However, determined shoppers may find used sets on eBay for about $65, or even a 'factory sealed' one being offered for a whopping $184.25.

You can watch the video of the board game below:

Source: TikTok/@max_from_holloway.

Many expressed their excitement for the game, with one user saying: 'Bunnings should rerelease this. I would buy it!'

'I want it please,' another commented.

While a third added: 'Can they come out with this again I want it as a Christmas present!'

A few users said they owned one or more of the sets and enjoyed playing the board game.

'My mum and dad worked in the head office and brought home like five sets,' boasts one viewer.

While another shared: 'I got a set given to us by someone that worked at Bunnings!'

One user even wondered: 'I wonder if they will make an IKEA version?'
Key Takeaways

• A little-known version of the board game Monopoly themed around Australia's biggest hardware store, Bunnings, has been discovered.
  • The board game was revealed on a video posted on social media and featured properties representing various Bunnings stores and playing tokens, including a wheelbarrow, barbecue, and paint bucket.
  • The Bunnings Monopoly set was only given to Bunnings team members in 2007 as a Christmas gift and was not made available for sale in stores.
  • The game has proven popular online, with used sets currently selling on eBay for around $65 and 'factory sealed' ones advertised for $184.25.
Members, would you want to play this game? Let us know in the comments below!

The missus collects Monopoly games, she has 35 or so different ones. The Bunnings one will make it 36. :)

Maybe they will give them out as xmas presents to team again. Then I might get one. I have two sets of Rolling Stones monopoly unopened to give to my kids. Might be worth something after the Rolling Stones are no more. My daughter has the Star Wars set unopened. I still have my original set I got for Xmas when I was young. Very worn from years of use.

My hubby insisted we buy The Block Monopoly when it came out.
It remains in it's sealed box and will probably end up with one of our grandchildren.
Between my SCD friends and me .... I am not a fan of Monopoly in even the slightest way.
I don't think I have a strategic mind, and, for the same reason don't play chess.
I am sure the Bunnings set will tickle some folks' fancy. I'm not one of them.

• Love
Reactions: Petra
Brought this years ago on eBay for my husband who is a collector. A small one due to not working anymore. It has never been opened and never will be as he wants them in new condition if possible. Would be great to actually see the inside. Though it does make it easy to get him presents as long as he does not have it.

Yes they should release it to the public even if you had to order it on line.

Maybe I should sell my Bunnings cricket set and Bunnings wooden puzzle I have that were given out as Christmas gifts a few years ago. cricket set never used, wooden puzzle a granddaughter tried to put it together, found it too hard, think she ran out of puff, other than that never used. I have full set of Bunnings Lego new in boxes I bought for hubby, so he can get his Bunnings fix when I no longer work there.

That's truly fascinating! Bunnings branching out into the world of board games with a special edition of Monopoly is quite unexpected, but it's a delightful surprise for sure. I can imagine how it would bring joy to both fans of home improvement and board game enthusiasts.
Exploring the Bunnings Warehouse edition of Monopoly would be an exciting experience, and I'm sure many people would love to collect and play this unique version. If I ever come across it, I'd definitely give it a try and maybe even roll a dice to determine my strategy in this distinctive board game!

Last edited: