Sapper JAX

Oct 18, 2021
Desert Mission

A lone army tank is out in the desert on a mission.It gets blown up and there is only one crewman that gets out alive.Half stunned he looks across the sand dunes to see what his next move will be,then thru the mirage he spots a ruined stone building.He crawls to it,then assumes it,s a church that was bombed.He goes inside looking for water and spies a church Organ,hardly a scratch on it.He sits himself down and starts to play,as he did back home on sunday services in his little village.After a while he feels a hand on his shoulder,it was a General of the Army."That,s beautiful music Gunner,play some more for me"Which the soldier did.The General tells him the war is almost over,if he gave him two wishes what would they be."Well Sir,that,s easy to answer,first I want a quick discharge out of this mess, to get home to my wife,secondly ,is it possible for me to ship this here Organ back to my little church".The General tells him no problems ,those wishes can be granted.The soldier sits up suddenly,looks about and sees nothing,have I been dreaming,he thinks.Well,he must have been .For he had his Discharge in one hand and his Organ in the other.