Demi Moore offers insight into Bruce Willis’s health and personal philosophy

In a world where celebrity news often revolves around the latest scandal or fashion statement, it's a poignant moment when the spotlight turns to a more serious and personal issue.

Demi Moore, a renowned actress and former wife of Bruce Willis, has recently shared a rare and intimate update on Willis's battle with dementia.

During an emotional appearance on The Drew Barrymore Show, Moore spoke candidly about Willis's condition and the family's journey in navigating this challenging terrain.

The actress, who was married to Willis for 11 years, has continued to play a significant role in his life, along with his current wife, Emma Heming Willis.

1726535996453.png
Demi Moore says Bruce Willis is stable despite his frontotemporal dementia. Credit: @demimoore / Instagram

The blended family's close-knit bond is a testament to their strength and unity in adversity.

As Moore and Barrymore reminisced about working together on the 2003 film Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle, where Willis made a memorable cameo, the conversation naturally shifted to Willis's current health.

Moore provided a reassuring update, stating, 'Given the givens, he’s in a stable place.'

Moore, 61, and Willis, 69, share three daughters: Rumer, Scout, and Tallulah. The family's approach to supporting one another through Willis's health challenges is inspiring and instructive.

'What I say to my kids is you meet them where they’re at. You don’t hold on to who they were or what you want them to be, but who they are in this moment,' Moore shared her philosophy.

'And from that, there is such beauty and joy and loving and sweetness.'

'When I’m in LA, I go over every week, and I really treasure the time that we all share.'

This means accepting and loving the person as they are in the present moment, rather than clinging to who they once were or who you wish they could be.

This approach is not only applicable to those dealing with dementia but is a valuable lesson in empathy and acceptance for all of us.

Willis's initial diagnosis of aphasia in March 2022, which was later updated to frontotemporal dementia in February 2023, has brought the family's private struggles into the public eye.

Frontotemporal dementia, a disorder that leads to the loss of nerve cells in the frontal and temporal lobes of the brain, can cause significant changes in behaviour, personality, language, and movement.

The family's openness about Willis's condition has not only raised awareness about dementia.

Still, it has also shown the importance of emotional preparedness and presence when spending time with an affected loved one.

Tallulah's comments to People magazine about visiting her father and being 'open to what the visit is' underscore the need for resilience and self-care when facing such a profound challenge.

'I’ve done what I need to do to make sure that I can just be present.'

In related news, Rumer Willis, Bruce Willis' eldest daughter, posted a heartfelt message on social media about her father's struggle with dementia.

In 2023, Willis' family revealed that he had been diagnosed with frontotemporal dementia (FTD) following the 2022 announcement of his retirement from acting due to aphasia, a language disorder. You can read more about it here.
Key Takeaways

• Demi Moore provided an update on Bruce Willis's health condition, noting he is in a stable place amid his battle with frontotemporal dementia.
  • Moore emphasised the importance of meeting people where they're at, sharing her approach to supporting her daughters and Willis in the current situation.
  • The blended family, including Willis's wife, Emma Heming Willis, remains close and spends time together to celebrate special occasions.
  • Moore's daughter Tallulah spoke about the importance of being emotionally prepared and present when visiting her father to support him through his health challenges.

Last edited:
Sponsored
I loved Bruce Willis movies and him as a person, his relationship with Demi was always good despite their getting divorced.
I think iv'e watched every movie he's made and you could tell in the last few that he was struggling, I read somewhere that he had to have someone close by to feed him his lines as he'd forget.
The entertainment world has lost a great actor, even though he's still alive :cry:

I loved Bruce Willis movies and him as a person, his relationship with Demi was always good despite their getting divorced.
I think iv'e watched every movie he's made and you could tell in the last few that he was struggling, I read somewhere that he had to have someone close by to feed him his lines as he'd forget.
The entertainment world has lost a great actor, even though he's still alive :cry:
I too love his movies I have many DVD's of his movies

Bruce Willis, is very lucky to be surrounded, by such a beautiful supportive family. I love the way the family say love the person where they at now great attitude.
Kind regards to all Vicki
It's such a nice refreshing thing to hear about this family.
I don't read about many famous people, I either have no idea who they are or I don't give a toss who is dating who or who had a baby to who.
Like this Taylor Smith person, I don't think iv'e ever heard one of her songs, she means nothing to me..
But give me Brucie anyday, iv'e loved him ever since his Moonlighting days

I don't read about many famous people, I either have no idea who they are or I don't give a toss who is dating who or who had a baby to who.
Like this Taylor Smith person, I don't think iv'e ever heard one of her songs, she means nothing to me..
l love Bruce and whats happening to him is so sad.l think l liked him best in ''Death Becomes Her' with Goldie Hawn and Meryl Streep

Demi is the ex and seems to be overtaking the current wife. She left him and needs to be more in the background to his current family and not in the forefront to keep herself relevant to his fans. Can't the media leave Bruce alone in such a trying time instead of the intruding in the little time he has left.

It certainly is a crying shame to see such an Action Film great as Bruce Willis suffering from one of the variations of one of the 3 absolutely horrid diseases, in this case being, Frontotemporal Dementia.
The "Associated" disease of Alzheimer's, show, where they both have& no boundaries nor discriminations of anyone.

I can really feel the devastation of how Bruce must be with his complete distraughtness in not being able to speak his thoughts in communicating with his family.

Yes, I totally agree with comments posted, that he was one Hell of an actor, &, he will be very sorely missed by one & all.

I have also seen many of his movies twice over where you were virtually on the edge of your seat. Real Thrillers.

As with everyone, we wish him all the very best & that his suffering is not painful nor prolonged. He will never be forgotten by his very obvious loving family & his massive League of fans.

Me too 😍

Demi is the ex and seems to be overtaking the current wife. She left him and needs to be more in the background to his current family and not in the forefront to keep herself relevant to his fans. Can't the media leave Bruce alone in such a trying time instead of the intruding in the little time he has left.
She is only trying to be there for Bruce you don't just turn your feeling off when the marriage doesn't work.She has just made a new movie ''The Substance''which has good ratings l like Demi she is a good actress.

Ever since Demi and Bruce got divorced they have been a devoted pair to their children so they have stayed as close friends.
Demi is devoted to Danny, her husband now and he doesn't see anything wrong with their relationship so we shouldn't either!