Dad's Hilarious Bluey Cake Disaster Goes Viral: We Can't All Be MasterChefs!

Let’s face it, everybody loves a bit of Bluey. Whether you've got grandkids or not, it's hard not to get drawn into the adventures of the lovable blue heeler pup and it’s family.

image2.png
British dad, Rob Davies, was so excited to mark his son's birthday with something special that he decided to bake a custom Bluey cake for the occasion. Image source: Twitter/Rob Davies.

Just like all the other Aussie parents who are head-over-heels for the show, British dad, Rob Davies, was so excited to mark his son's birthday with something special that he decided to bake a custom Bluey cake for the occasion.

Unfortunately for him, not everything went as planned.

He documented his hilarious cake-making challenges via a series of posts on social media. And he quickly realised, creating something like this isn't as easy as one might think.

'God help us all, what have I done?' Davies tweeted midway through. 'Halfway through making a Bluey cake for my son’s birthday party, and I think it might be the hardest thing I’ve ever done, I nearly shed a tear at one point when the fondant tore.'

image4.png
When it came time to make the iconic pup's eyes, Davies was not happy with the shape of the right eye. Image source: Twitter/Rob Davies.

When it came time to make the iconic pup's eyes, Davies was not happy with the shape of the right eye. 'I'm quite good at baking but I'm abysmal at crafts,' he complained.

The amateur baker persisted though, and after a few more adjustments to the right eye, he finished the creation and shared a photo of the final result. It wasn't perfect, but it did the job for the partygoers – and that’s what matters most, isn’t it? .

'OK, I got the scalpel out. A little less demented,' he wrote. During the birthday party, Davies posted another picture showing the half-eaten cake. 'The end result: 14 six-year-olds who will be a nightmare to put to bed,' he joked. 'Jesus fondant is grim to eat.'

image1.png
During the birthday party, Davies posted another picture showing the half-eaten cake. Image source: Twitter/Rob Davies.

His post quickly went viral, with people praising Davies for his valiant effort at creating a custom cake. Fellow parents were quick to appreciate the situation, with one joking: 'Picasso Bluey period' and another adding: 'This is very much Bandit making the duck cake from the Australian Women’s Weekly cake book, so you win best dad today.'

We can't help but giggle at this dad's misfortune as well. We get it – it's never easy to make something from scratch, and baking a cake is no exception. And when the shape you have to replicate is more complicated than your average round cake, it can be even harder. Here’s another hilarious Bluey cake fail to prove it!

Aside from the time and effort, baking a custom cake does require a certain set of skills – skills we can’t all be blessed with. But I’m sure we also know how to have a laugh at our own expense, and that's exactly what Rob did when it came to this cake.

Kudos to him for his dedication to the project!

If you'd like to try your hand at baking a custom cake for a special someone, why not start with an easy (but still delicious) recipe you can follow to the tee? Like this 2-ingredient Nutella cake recipe!

We wish you the best of luck, and hope you can show us in the comment section below the photos of your final product if you do decide on this little baking adventure!

Sponsored
Let’s face it, everybody loves a bit of Bluey. Whether you've got grandkids or not, it's hard not to get drawn into the adventures of the lovable blue heeler pup and it’s family.

View attachment 26552
British dad, Rob Davies, was so excited to mark his son's birthday with something special that he decided to bake a custom Bluey cake for the occasion. Image source: Twitter/Rob Davies.

Just like all the other Aussie parents who are head-over-heels for the show, British dad, Rob Davies, was so excited to mark his son's birthday with something special that he decided to bake a custom Bluey cake for the occasion.

He documented his hilarious cake-making challenges via a series of posts on social media. And he quickly realised, creating something like this isn't as easy as one might think.

'God help us all, what have I done?' Davies tweeted midway through. 'Halfway through making a Bluey cake for my son’s birthday party, and I think it might be the hardest thing I’ve ever done, I nearly shed a tear at one point when the fondant tore.'

View attachment 26553
When it came time to make the iconic pup's eyes, Davies was not happy with the shape of the right eye. Image source: Twitter/Rob Davies.

When it came time to make the iconic pup's eyes, Davies was not happy with the shape of the right eye. 'I'm quite good at baking but I'm abysmal at crafts,' he complained.

The amateur baker persisted though, and after a few more adjustments to the right eye, he finished the creation and shared a photo of the final result. It wasn't perfect, but it did the job for the partygoers – and that’s what matters most, isn’t it? .

'OK, I got the scalpel out. A little less demented,' he wrote. During the birthday party, Davies posted another picture showing the half-eaten cake. 'The end result: 14 six-year-olds who will be a nightmare to put to bed,' he joked. 'Jesus fondant is grim to eat.'

View attachment 26554
During the birthday party, Davies posted another picture showing the half-eaten cake. Image source: Twitter/Rob Davies.

His post quickly went viral, with people praising Davies for his valiant effort at creating a custom cake. Fellow parents were quick to appreciate the situation, with one joking: 'Picasso Bluey period' and another adding: 'This is very much Bandit making the duck cake from the Australian Women’s Weekly cake book, so you win best dad today.'

We can't help but giggle at this dad's misfortune as well. We get it – it's never easy to make something from scratch, and baking a cake is no exception. And when the shape you have to replicate is more complicated than your average round cake, it can be even harder. Here’s another hilarious Bluey cake fail to prove it!

Aside from the time and effort, baking a custom cake does require a certain set of skills – skills we can’t all be blessed with. But I’m sure we also know how to have a laugh at our own expense, and that's exactly what Rob did when it came to this cake.

If you'd like to try your hand at baking a custom cake for a special someone, why not start with an easy (but still delicious) recipe you can follow to the tee? Like this 2-ingredient Nutella cake recipe!

We wish you the best of luck, and hope you can show us in the comment section below the photos of your final product if you do decide on this little baking adventure!

Good on you Rob, you did a great job, pat yourself on your back as I think it looks wonderful and I bet delicious too, I also bet your son loved his birthday cake, its Bluey so why wouldn't he and your son has the best Dad too!

View attachment 26552

View attachment 26553

View attachment 26554

100% for effort & try and that was a great go too! So it wasn't perfect, that doesn't matter, it was the thought and effort that counts and i'd reckon it was a heck of a lot cheaper to make it yourself than get one done at a bakery too. can definately see the character there. I wouldn't call it a fail at all.
And best thing is - it always will look worse where it ends up!
I bet no matter how it looked it was appreciated and hopefully in years to come your son will think back and realise you did your best and appreciate the time, effort and love put into it.