Customers are left in shock when casserole mix is listed for a whopping $34.99: ‘That is definitely not correct’

We're all familiar with the occasional—or perhaps more frequent these days—fluctuation in supermarket prices. But surely there must be a limit to how much we would pay for something as basic as a casserole mix, right?

Well, brace yourself for this one: some ALDI customers were left utterly bewildered when they stumbled upon a well-known casserole mix priced at a mind-boggling $34.99! Can you believe it? Did the cost of veggies suddenly skyrocket due to inflation?

As budget-savvy shoppers, we're sure you're as keen on finding a good deal as we are. So let's dive into this bizarre supermarket blunder that had many shoppers questioning if they'd somehow missed out on a memo about runaway inflation.

Karyn, a dedicated ALDI shopper, was browsing the vegetable section when she spotted the 500g packets of Fresh 'n' Fast Soup & Casserole mix labelled at an eye-watering $34.99. Confused and admittedly shaken by the price, Karyn sought assistance from a store worker.

compressed-Screen Shot 2023-06-23 at 1.33.36 PM.jpeg
Shoppers at ALDI were left outraged when they discovered that bags of soup and casserole mix were priced at a staggering $34.99. Credit: Facebook.

Sharing the incident on the Markdown Addicts Australia Facebook group, Karyn explained just how unusual the pricing was.

'Usually just a few dollars, not $34.99,' she lamented. 'I did advise the staff, but [they] said [there's] nothing they can do about it, then it was scanned at $34.99!'

Her story sparked a flurry of responses from other curious shoppers. Some wondered just how many people might've unknowingly added the pricey product to their trolleys without checking the price tag, while others pointed fingers at inflation.

We're quite familiar with these situations, and we're sure many of you members can already sense that this mishap was likely caused by a simple (yet expensive) mistake. In fact, numerous Facebook commenters also pointed out that the exorbitant price was certainly a pricing mistake.

'It's probably supposed to be $3.49! They've added an extra 9. I'd be calling the head office,' one fellow shopper advised. Others echoed the sentiment, with one insisting it should 'be no more than $5' and another reminding everyone that 'Even with inflation, that is definitely not correct.'

Here's the good news: they were right! A news source confirmed that this shocking price listing was indeed a store error, and the correct price should have been a much more reasonable $3.99. Phew, crisis averted.

If you ever encounter such astronomical pricing in your shopping adventures, don't hesitate to alert a store employee to get the issue resolved quickly.

In a recent article, we discussed The Scanning Code of Practice in supermarkets. While we can't confirm whether Karyn received her veggie mix for free or at a discounted price, she is entitled to have it free of charge because it was incorrectly scanned at the checkout.

Now, let's touch on some useful tips for making sure you don't overpay when shopping – because, as this ALDI mix-up proves, sometimes errors can slip through the cracks.

Always double-check the price tags of items in your trolley; this goes for both in-store and online purchases. Compare prices across different supermarkets to ensure you're getting the best deals and stay updated on the latest promotions through newsletters or store updates.

For shoppers concerned about pricing errors, rest assured that ALDI is committed to providing accurate pricing for all its products. In the rare event of a pricing error like the one Karyn spotted, companies encourage customers to bring it to the attention of a store employee to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

Key Takeaways

• An ALDI customer in New South Wales was shocked to find a 500g packet of Fresh 'n' Fast Soup & Casserole mix priced at $34.99.
  • Initially, it was thought to be a case of inflation, but it was revealed to be a store error, with the correct price being $3.99.
  • Many users on social media offered their opinions, with some jumping to conclusions about the price while others assumed it was a mistake.
  • In cases of pricing errors, customers are encouraged to alert a store employee to resolve the issue quickly.

Occasional slip-ups at the supermarket are inevitable. In such moments, the best response is to simply laugh it off and remember to give those price tags a second look! Let's embrace the joy of grocery shopping and stay vigilant, everyone.

Have you ever found yourself in a similar situation? If so, how did you handle it? Share your stories in the comments below!

Sponsored
On the topic of Aldi and prices, while the frozen goods are 40-50% less than Woollies or Coles, and worth buying, I think the Specials they offer are only sometimes good value. I suspect it was a marketing ploy in the very beginning when they first started , that brainwashed us into thinking their Specials are always good value. They were at first, and occasionally some items still are. But a lot of others are the same price elsewhere, or dearer. I recall a handbag they offer at $39.99, that I bought for $20 somewhere else. Bottom line - buy their real specials, compare prices for the rest.

On the topic of Aldi and prices, while the frozen goods are 40-50% less than Woollies or Coles, and worth buying, I think the Specials they offer are only sometimes good value. I suspect it was a marketing ploy in the very beginning when they first started , that brainwashed us into thinking their Specials are always good value. They were at first, and occasionally some items still are. But a lot of others are the same price elsewhere, or dearer. I recall a handbag they offer at $39.99, that I bought for $20 somewhere else. Bottom line - buy their real specials, compare prices for the rest.
Exactly 💯 %don't be fooled by Woolworths or Coles rip off merchants 🤬

Reactions: MC12 and Tawnyrose
BeforeI buy it at ALDIs or anywhere else, I research the price online.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: If I find an item that is as overpriced as in this story, I find an employee and ask them to check the price!

It's really not necessary to tell the world about it!

We're all familiar with the occasional—or perhaps more frequent these days—fluctuation in supermarket prices. But surely there must be a limit to how much we would pay for something as basic as a casserole mix, right?

Well, brace yourself for this one: some ALDI customers were left utterly bewildered when they stumbled upon a well-known casserole mix priced at a mind-boggling $34.99! Can you believe it? Did the cost of veggies suddenly skyrocket due to inflation?

As budget-savvy shoppers, we're sure you're as keen on finding a good deal as we are. So let's dive into this bizarre supermarket blunder that had many shoppers questioning if they'd somehow missed out on a memo about runaway inflation.

Karyn, a dedicated ALDI shopper, was browsing the vegetable section when she spotted the 500g packets of Fresh 'n' Fast Soup & Casserole mix labelled at an eye-watering $34.99. Confused and admittedly shaken by the price, Karyn sought assistance from a store worker.

View attachment 23175
Shoppers at ALDI were left outraged when they discovered that bags of soup and casserole mix were priced at a staggering $34.99. Credit: Facebook.

Sharing the incident on the Markdown Addicts Australia Facebook group, Karyn explained just how unusual the pricing was.

'Usually just a few dollars, not $34.99,' she lamented. 'I did advise the staff, but [they] said [there's] nothing they can do about it, then it was scanned at $34.99!'

Her story sparked a flurry of responses from other curious shoppers. Some wondered just how many people might've unknowingly added the pricey product to their trolleys without checking the price tag, while others pointed fingers at inflation.

We're quite familiar with these situations, and we're sure many of you members can already sense that this mishap was likely caused by a simple (yet expensive) mistake. In fact, numerous Facebook commenters also pointed out that the exorbitant price was certainly a pricing mistake.

'It's probably supposed to be $3.49! They've added an extra 9. I'd be calling the head office,' one fellow shopper advised. Others echoed the sentiment, with one insisting it should 'be no more than $5' and another reminding everyone that 'Even with inflation, that is definitely not correct.'

Here's the good news: they were right! A news source confirmed that this shocking price listing was indeed a store error, and the correct price should have been a much more reasonable $3.99. Phew, crisis averted.

If you ever encounter such astronomical pricing in your shopping adventures, don't hesitate to alert a store employee to get the issue resolved quickly.

In a recent article, we discussed The Scanning Code of Practice in supermarkets. While we can't confirm whether Karyn received her veggie mix for free or at a discounted price, she is entitled to have it free of charge because it was incorrectly scanned at the checkout.

Now, let's touch on some useful tips for making sure you don't overpay when shopping – because, as this ALDI mix-up proves, sometimes errors can slip through the cracks.

Always double-check the price tags of items in your trolley; this goes for both in-store and online purchases. Compare prices across different supermarkets to ensure you're getting the best deals and stay updated on the latest promotions through newsletters or store updates.

For shoppers concerned about pricing errors, rest assured that ALDI is committed to providing accurate pricing for all its products. In the rare event of a pricing error like the one Karyn spotted, companies encourage customers to bring it to the attention of a store employee to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

Key Takeaways

• An ALDI customer in New South Wales was shocked to find a 500g packet of Fresh 'n' Fast Soup & Casserole mix priced at $34.99.
  • Initially, it was thought to be a case of inflation, but it was revealed to be a store error, with the correct price being $3.99.
  • Many users on social media offered their opinions, with some jumping to conclusions about the price while others assumed it was a mistake.
  • In cases of pricing errors, customers are encouraged to alert a store employee to resolve the issue quickly.

Occasional slip-ups at the supermarket are inevitable. In such moments, the best response is to simply laugh it off and remember to give those price tags a second look! Let's embrace the joy of grocery shopping and stay vigilant, everyone.

Have you ever found yourself in a similar situation? If so, how did you handle it? Share your stories in the comments below!
Sounds like the store manager was related to Robin Hood maybe his long lost family Robin Bastard?.

View attachment 23175

Key Takeaways

The solution is very Simples people "If you dont like the price then DONT BUY the product" that should bring the price down or it will rotten on the shelf.... as for this soup mix it would be cheaper to buy the veg and prepare it your self.

Reactions: Andrew Marks
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: If I find an item that is as overpriced as in this story, I find an employee and ask them to check the price!

It's really not necessary to tell the world about it!
Yep, but where's the fun in that? Far better to point the finger so publicly on social media for 'likes' rather than being an adult about it.