Customer finds shocking message hidden in their Hungry Jack's order

We're pretty big fans of fast food here at the SDC, and while we know that not everything on the menu is the healthiest choice, we also know we can count on many of these places to give us a good value for our money.

That's why it's so disappointing when the service we receive from fast food restaurants isn't up to par. Whether it's the quality of the food or the way it's been prepared, or even just the way the staff treat their customers, there's nothing more frustrating than trying to enjoy a meal out and having it all go wrong.

And apparently, that's what happened for this one customer who ordered from Hungry Jack's recently... And not in the way you think.

This week, a woman named Fran took to Twitter to share a photo of a bizarre note she found inside her takeaway order — allegedly left by the employees working at the fast-food chain's Claremont location in Perth.

In two handwritten notes scribbled on pieces of greasy paper, the employee criticised the customer for ordering such a large amount of food.

Sharing an image of the notes on Twitter, Fran wrote: 'It's not a good look,' tagging Hungry Jack's in her post.

'Appears your staff in Claremont don't like getting big takeaway orders,' she added.

'This massive order was really inconvenient. Go somewhere else next time xxo… love you so much xoxo,’ the first note read.

576309603_b7ce316b2c_o.jpg
Little did Fran know she was getting more than what she ordered in a recent takeaway from Hungry Jack’s. Image Credit: Flickr

And as if one message dripping with disdain wasn’t enough, a second one followed with: 'Why such a big order? Packed with love, of course, xx – (Hungry Jack’s) @ Claremont.'

Hungry Jack's representatives apologised to Fran for the alleged behaviour of their staff member in reply to her post and urged her to contact them immediately.

'Hey Fran, we’re so sorry that you received this from our Claremont store,' they said. ‘Can you shoot us an email… so our team can look into this ASAP and contact you directly?’

It remains unclear if Fran was able to keep in touch with Hungry Jack’s. As of writing, she has yet to respond to the post.

That being said, the bizarre fast food episode had those on social media talking. For some, it was just some teenagers being themselves while on the job.

‘This is innocent teen fun,’ a user responded. ‘It’s refreshing to see kids have a real laugh instead of being glued to the keyboard! Endearing and adorable, reminds me of the mischievous fun we used to get up to before phones and the internet took over. Have a laugh, people! Come on!’

‘Probably a teenager having a laugh,’ another agreed.

‘I hope they get fired, I can say because I work in hospitality. Workers should just deal with the order and get over themselves,’ a more stern user said.

FppmLU1agAA0EjV.jpg
The note to Fran said her ‘massive’ order was ‘inconvenient’. Image Credit: Twitter

For others, the note beggars disbelief.

‘Is this even real? It seems staged,’ a second said. ‘I get that some people are immature and useless, but this seems petty even for those types of people.’

Some other commenters asked how much Fran had to order to receive such a note.

‘Genuine question: how big was the order?’ one user asked.

‘If this was a drive-through order, I'm 100% team passive-aggressive. People who order half the store in drive-through are probably the same ones who take a full trolley through self-serve checkouts,’ another shared.

And a third said in jest, but with a point: (I) wonder if the order was 2 seconds before closing?’

Well… you can be the judge.

But beyond the speculations and questions, one user pointed out the rather sinister implications of the notes.

‘The way those notes are written in a passive-aggressive manner, I would be concerned about eating anything,’ they said.

‘(Is) “Packed with love, of course,” code for “threw it on the floor before bagging up”?’

For everyone’s sake, we really hope not.

Key Takeaways

• A Hungry Jack's customer named Fran claimed the staff criticised her large order in two handwritten notes she said were left with her meal.
  • The staff allegedly told Fran her 'massive' order was 'inconvenient' to them and that she should 'go somewhere else next time'.
  • The incident, which she shared online, drew mixed reactions.
  • Some dismissed it as teenage employees having fun, but others felt like there was more to the story than Fran let on.
  • Hungry Jack’s apologised for the workers' alleged actions and said they contacted the customer to resolve the situation.
It’s not the first time we’ve seen fast-food shenanigans afoot here at the SDC. Remember when KFC employees were caught on camera doing unsavoury things late last year?

And not to end on a sour note, we’ve also told stories of shoppers from Woolworths and Bunnings whose employees went above and beyond by sending thoughtful messages to customers.

So, what are your thoughts on this incident? Do you think there’s more to this story than Fran shared, or do you think the Hungry Jack’s employees were in the wrong regardless?

Weigh in on the comments section below!

Sponsored
We're pretty big fans of fast food here at the SDC, and while we know that not everything on the menu is the healthiest choice, we also know we can count on many of these places to give us a good value for our money.

That's why it's so disappointing when the service we receive from fast food restaurants isn't up to par. Whether it's the quality of the food or the way it's been prepared, or even just the way the staff treat their customers, there's nothing more frustrating than trying to enjoy a meal out and having it all go wrong.

And apparently, that's what happened for this one customer who ordered from Hungry Jack's recently... And not in the way you think.

This week, a woman named Fran took to Twitter to share a photo of a bizarre note she found inside her takeaway order — allegedly left by the employees working at the fast-food chain's Claremont location in Perth.

In two handwritten notes scribbled on pieces of greasy paper, the employee criticised the customer for ordering such a large amount of food.

Sharing an image of the notes on Twitter, Fran wrote: 'It's not a good look,' tagging Hungry Jack's in her post.

'Appears your staff in Claremont don't like getting big takeaway orders,' she added.

'This massive order was really inconvenient. Go somewhere else next time xxo… love you so much xoxo,’ the first note read.

View attachment 14645
Little did Fran know she was getting more than what she ordered in a recent takeaway from Hungry Jack’s. Image Credit: Flickr

And as if one message dripping with disdain wasn’t enough, a second one followed with: 'Why such a big order? Packed with love, of course, xx – (Hungry Jack’s) @ Claremont.'

Hungry Jack's representatives apologised to Fran for the alleged behaviour of their staff member in reply to her post and urged her to contact them immediately.

'Hey Fran, we’re so sorry that you received this from our Claremont store,' they said. ‘Can you shoot us an email… so our team can look into this ASAP and contact you directly?’

It remains unclear if Fran was able to keep in touch with Hungry Jack’s. As of writing, she has yet to respond to the post.

That being said, the bizarre fast food episode had those on social media talking. For some, it was just some teenagers being themselves while on the job.

‘This is innocent teen fun,’ a user responded. ‘It’s refreshing to see kids have a real laugh instead of being glued to the keyboard! Endearing and adorable, reminds me of the mischievous fun we used to get up to before phones and the internet took over. Have a laugh, people! Come on!’

‘I hope they get fired, I can say because I work in hospitality. Workers should just deal with the order and get over themselves,’ a more stern user said.

View attachment 14644
The note to Fran said her ‘massive’ order was ‘inconvenient’. Image Credit: Twitter

‘Is this even real? It seems staged,’ a second said. ‘I get that some people are immature and useless, but this seems petty even for those types of people.’

‘If this was a drive-through order, I'm 100% team passive-aggressive. People who order half the store in drive-through are probably the same ones who take a full trolley through self-serve checkouts,’ another shared.

And a third said in jest, but with a point: (I) wonder if the order was 2 seconds before closing?’

But beyond the speculations and questions, one user pointed out the rather sinister implications of the notes.

‘The way those notes are written in a passive-aggressive manner, I would be concerned about eating anything,’ they said.

‘(Is) “Packed with love, of course,” code for “threw it on the floor before bagging up”?’

Key Takeaways

• A Hungry Jack's customer named Fran claimed the staff criticised her large order in two handwritten notes she said were left with her meal.
  • The staff allegedly told Fran her 'massive' order was 'inconvenient' to them and that she should 'go somewhere else next time'.
  • Some dismissed it as teenage employees having fun, but others felt like there was more to the story than Fran let on.
  • Hungry Jack’s apologised for the workers' alleged actions and said they contacted the customer to resolve the situation.
It’s not the first time we’ve seen fast-food shenanigans afoot here at the SDC. Remember when KFC employees were caught on camera doing unsavoury things late last year?

And not to end on a sour note, we’ve also told stories of shoppers from Woolworths and Bunnings whose employees went above and beyond by sending thoughtful messages to customers.

So, what are your thoughts on this incident? Do you think there’s more to this story than Fran shared, or do you think the Hungry Jack’s employees were in the wrong regardless?

So what if she ordered a large take away. She is paying your wages. You lazy little buggers wouldn't know what hard work was like.

View attachment 14645

View attachment 14644

Key Takeaways

View attachment 14645

View attachment 14644

Key Takeaways

If they were My young staff members, they would have their marching orders as you can't treat customers like that, Irrespectively whether it was close to closing the store. They are there to serve the public.. If they want to play around do it while they are cleaning up.

View attachment 14645

View attachment 14644

Key Takeaways

This is not just Teenagers having a laugh,Sack Them and let them learn a Lesson on who pays their wages and Disrespect to customers will not be tolerated at any level. i realize customers can be very rude at times,but you are being paid to provide service if a customer is being rude or abusive pass it on to a MANAGER TO DEAL WITH.

so sick of excuses being made for kids and teens- oh they are just having fun. Sorry, not fun and not at the expense of others. It's downright rude and offensive. That's not how society/retail works. They don't deserve their jobs.

Reactions: Ricci

View attachment 14645

View attachment 14644

Key Takeaways

Maybe just having a bit fit, let’s hope so and there was nothing sinister about it 🤞

Reactions: Ricci