Crowd favourite cleaner from Aldi goes up against a pricier opponent – but is it better?

Just a few weeks ago, we featured a ‘miracle’ product from Aldi that is not only great in removing stains from white clothing but can also be used in cleaning bathroom tiles.

Many of our members loved it; some even said they have been using the product for ages now!

That’s why we’re glad to feature another product from Aldi that is well-loved by shoppers everywhere, not only for its effective cleaning power but also for its affordable price point!

But it’s up against a much pricier opponent. In a battle of suds and lathers, we’ll leave the winner up for you to decide.

KUe6qxGr4x6YPlUjkPk7kDC6JIK_Hy7zlhzBaUHkmqaANa9P5UyevEKjNjS09ryHlBj9SJRIg0HZPGDwH9aPIc9wk6Pn4optZes_WLqaRh6xMxVW1k078CED9GS6FeSIX8JEQ8lc

Credit: Facebook.

In a Facebook post, one shopper asked for opinions regarding which powdered stain remover is the better deal.

“Has anybody compared these two? The smaller one is from Aldi for $3.99 and the larger one is from Coles for around $20,” she asked, along with a photo of the two products being compared: Aldi’s Di San and Coles’ NapiSan Vanish Oxi Advance.

“They are quite different in price so I was curious if anybody has done a comparison,” she added.

The woman’s post sparked quite a lot of discussion in the comments section, between people who prefer the much pricier NapiSan and those who swear by the Aldi alternative.

One NapiSan fan wrote: “I wear white shirts for work. I have always used Vanish, then decided to try Di San a few years ago. It works but not as good as Vanish, especially with taking off makeup and sweat stains around the collar and cuffs. I only buy Vanish when it’s on special.”

Another Vanish fan added: “Over the years, I’ve tried every single different spray/powder and still come back to Vanish; I simply stock up when it’s on offer.”

But several Aldi shoppers did not back down and supported their claims for Di San’s cleaning powers.

One person claimed that aside from the cheaper price point, the Aldi alternative also makes your clothes smell brand new!

She said: “Di San is SO much better!! It works on stains, even over multiple washes on things like paint and grime, but doesn’t wreck the fabric. I just add a cap of Di San to extra dirty or smelly clothes, like day-care clothes, and it keeps them fresh and tidy!”

A former Vanish fan agreed with her and said: “I prefer Di San myself and I have always been a NapiSan girl. I've never bought NapiSan since.”

yyeKmSxKYwT753WQKWiM8WiOUCxW85hllnWF0T8Bbb5NY0wL2d6iMFeH8t_-uGNzBuL-26hxAl-bxdadHTPi0W2IWKkaDVeGVW4hjr2L8PADwaseb5DHWN3WNuZ6xbqLmnLIxc1h

Credit: Choice.com.au.

And while the battle’s heating up in the Facebook post’s comment section, we decided to consult with the experts to ask for their opinions.

In 2020, CHOICE conducted a review of the top stain removers available in supermarkets across the country, and it’s no surprise that both of these products fared pretty well! But one product came out on top of the other and that is…

Aldi’s Di San Oxy Laundry Soaker and In-Wash Booster!

CHOICE rated the Aldi alternative with a 67% effectiveness rate, topping the NapiSan cleaner by a mere 1 per cent. An absolutely hair-splitter eh?!

And if you’re wondering which stain remover grabbed the first spot in CHOICE’s 2020 review, you better get a head start to Aldi now because their Di San Oxy Action with Enzymes Pre Wash Stain Remover with Eucalyptus Oil made it all the way to the first spot with a whopping 75 per cent rating!

Aldi sure has a lot of powerful cleaning products up its sleeve. Even our member Sue Lay swears by Aldi’s Almat cleaning powder which she claims is “so fine it dissolves really easily even in cold water”.

If you’re after a DIY solution, we have shared plenty of those! Check some of them out here!

Reactions: Lindyloo
Sponsored
Crowd favourite cleaner from Aldi goes up against a pricier opponent – but is it better?

Just a few weeks ago, we featured a ‘miracle’ product from Aldi that is not only great in removing stains from white clothing but can also be used in cleaning bathroom tiles.

Many of our members loved it; some even said they have been using the product for ages now!

That’s why we’re glad to feature another product from Aldi that is well-loved by shoppers everywhere, not only for its effective cleaning power but also for its affordable price point!

But it’s up against a much pricier opponent. In a battle of suds and lathers, we’ll leave the winner up for you to decide.

KUe6qxGr4x6YPlUjkPk7kDC6JIK_Hy7zlhzBaUHkmqaANa9P5UyevEKjNjS09ryHlBj9SJRIg0HZPGDwH9aPIc9wk6Pn4optZes_WLqaRh6xMxVW1k078CED9GS6FeSIX8JEQ8lc

Credit: Facebook.

In a Facebook post, one shopper asked for opinions regarding which powdered stain remover is the better deal.

“Has anybody compared these two? The smaller one is from Aldi for $3.99 and the larger one is from Coles for around $20,” she asked, along with a photo of the two products being compared: Aldi’s Di San and Coles’ NapiSan Vanish Oxi Advance.

“They are quite different in price so I was curious if anybody has done a comparison,” she added.

The woman’s post sparked quite a lot of discussion in the comments section, between people who prefer the much pricier NapiSan and those who swear by the Aldi alternative.

One NapiSan fan wrote: “I wear white shirts for work. I have always used Vanish, then decided to try Di San a few years ago. It works but not as good as Vanish, especially with taking off makeup and sweat stains around the collar and cuffs. I only buy Vanish when it’s on special.”

Another Vanish fan added: “Over the years, I’ve tried every single different spray/powder and still come back to Vanish; I simply stock up when it’s on offer.”

But several Aldi shoppers did not back down and supported their claims for Di San’s cleaning powers.

One person claimed that aside from the cheaper price point, the Aldi alternative also makes your clothes smell brand new!

She said: “Di San is SO much better!! It works on stains, even over multiple washes on things like paint and grime, but doesn’t wreck the fabric. I just add a cap of Di San to extra dirty or smelly clothes, like day-care clothes, and it keeps them fresh and tidy!”

A former Vanish fan agreed with her and said: “I prefer Di San myself and I have always been a NapiSan girl. I've never bought NapiSan since.”

yyeKmSxKYwT753WQKWiM8WiOUCxW85hllnWF0T8Bbb5NY0wL2d6iMFeH8t_-uGNzBuL-26hxAl-bxdadHTPi0W2IWKkaDVeGVW4hjr2L8PADwaseb5DHWN3WNuZ6xbqLmnLIxc1h

Credit: Choice.com.au.

And while the battle’s heating up in the Facebook post’s comment section, we decided to consult with the experts to ask for their opinions.

In 2020, CHOICE conducted a review of the top stain removers available in supermarkets across the country, and it’s no surprise that both of these products fared pretty well! But one product came out on top of the other and that is…

Aldi’s Di San Oxy Laundry Soaker and In-Wash Booster!

CHOICE rated the Aldi alternative with a 67% effectiveness rate, topping the NapiSan cleaner by a mere 1 per cent. An absolutely hair-splitter eh?!

And if you’re wondering which stain remover grabbed the first spot in CHOICE’s 2020 review, you better get a head start to Aldi now because their Di San Oxy Action with Enzymes Pre Wash Stain Remover with Eucalyptus Oil made it all the way to the first spot with a whopping 75 per cent rating!

Aldi sure has a lot of powerful cleaning products up its sleeve. Even our member Sue Lay swears by Aldi’s Almat cleaning powder which she claims is “so fine it dissolves really easily even in cold water”.

If you’re after a DIY solution, we have shared plenty of those! Check some of them out
here!
It sure is...any of Aldi's laundry and cleaning products beats the competition hands down

Love DiSan works so well on all stains. Plus their laundry powder Laundrite 4 kgs for $4, made in Australia is excellent. I just put some in a container and refill from box.

Reactions: siameezer