Creamy Tuscan Salmon

tuscan-salmon-recipe 2.jpeg
Source: Eatwell101
Creamy Tuscan salmon is a dish made with salmon filets that are seared and then simmered in a creamy sauce made with sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, and Parmesan cheese.

This dish is a healthy and delicious way to enjoy salmon. Salmon is high in protein and omega-3 fatty acids, which are good for your heart and brain. The combination of flavours in the cream sauce is truly unique and something your taste buds will love. The dish is also relatively easy to prepare, making it perfect for a weeknight meal.

Ingredients:

-2 salmon fillets (about 200g each)
-1/4 cup olive oil
-2 tablespoons butter
-3 garlic clove, minced
-1/2 small yellow onion, diced
-1/4 cup vegetable broth
-1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
-1/4 teaspoon dried basil
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-1/4 teaspoon black pepper
-1/2 cup light cream
-1 can of sun-dried tomatoes
-1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
-1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
-2 cups baby spinach leaves

Instructions:

1. Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil.

2. Season salmon fillets on both sides with salt and pepper. Sear the salmon in the hot pan, flesh-side down first, for 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your liking. Remove salmon from pan and set aside.

3. In the same pan, melt butter in the remaining cooking juices. Add garlic and fry until fragrant (about one minute). Add onion and stir fry until translucent.

4. Add sun-dried tomatoes and fry for 1-2 minutes to release their flavours. Pour in vegetable broth and allow the sauce to reduce down slightly.

5. Reduce heat to low, add light cream, and bring to a gentle simmer while stirring occasionally. Season the cream sauce with salt and pepper to your taste.

6. Add baby spinach and allow to wilt in the sauce. Add the parmesan cheese and let the cream sauce to simmer for a further minute until the cheese melts through.

7. Add grilled salmon filets back into the pan; sprinkle with parsley, and spoon the sauce over each filet.

8. Serve the creamy Tuscan salmon over steamed veggies or pasta. Enjoy!

To make this dish extra special, add a squeeze of lemon juice over the salmon before serving or top with crispy fried shallots or onions.

This dish is a healthy and delicious way to enjoy salmon. Give it a try tonight, and let us know your thoughts in the comments below.

Last edited:
Sponsored
hahaha. Who can afford to buy salmon fillets while surviving on a pension? I thought this site was to assist pensioners not put up recipes which we cannot afford to make.

Reactions: Russell66
Not quite true Elaine, Coles often have half price specials of frozen seafood, and I still have some salmon fillets left from Christmas. I'm going to try this recipe. Fish I don't eat often but it's nice for a special treat.

Not quite true Elaine, Coles often have half price specials of frozen seafood, and I still have some salmon fillets left from Christmas. I'm going to try this recipe. Fish I don't eat often but it's nice for a special treat.
Coles is a 2 hour drive away for me.