Crack chicken casserole

Crack Chicken Casserole is a delicious and comforting dish that has gained immense popularity in recent years. This dish is a spin-off of the highly addictive "Crack Chicken" recipe, which originated from the combination of cream cheese (or sour cream), shredded chicken, bacon, and ranch seasoning. The casserole version takes this addictive flavor combination and transforms it into a hearty and satisfying meal that is easy to prepare and loved by all.

1000027147.jpg
Image and Recipe Source: Cooktop Cove

3 cups cooked and shredded chicken
1 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
16 ounces frozen shredded hashbrowns
16 ounces sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup, 10.5 ounces
4 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
1 packet ranch seasoning, 1 ounce
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Instructions:
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. In a large bowl, combine the shredded hashbrowns, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, melted butter, 1.5 cups shredded cheese, and ranch seasoning. Mix well.
3. Stir in the cooked and shredded chicken, followed by the 1/2 crumbled bacon.
4. Spread mixture evenly in a greased 9x13-inch baking dish.
5. Sprinkle remaining shredded cheddar cheese and bacon over the mixture in the baking dish.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until cheese is melted and casserole is heated through.
Enjoy your delicious Crack Chicken Casserole with its creamy and savory flavors that are sure to please everyone at the dinner table. This comforting dish is perfect for any occasion and will surely become a family favorite.

Last edited:
Sponsored
Once you lose the abilitiy to laugh at yourself you have nothing. Any comments you may encounter are not meant to be spiteful or snaky, however if people choose to take them way are just opening up the verbal floodgates. If you think somebody is being an arsehole, then tell them so, I'm sure we have been around long enough to have developed a thick skin, some even four?
I have a zero skin, not a four skin....

Once you lose the abilitiy to laugh at yourself you have nothing. Any comments you may encounter are not meant to be spiteful or snaky, however if people choose to take them way are just opening up the verbal floodgates. If you think somebody is being an arsehole, then tell them so, I'm sure we have been around long enough to have developed a thick skin, some even four?
I totally agree with you. I have always loved your open and frank comments. I've come across a few people on here that you just described .

Lansing, Michigan is home for the Crack Chicken. Interesting story behind this 'Crack Chicken' and it has quite a following. Interesting recipe and I will try this. Cheers.