Could Sam Mac be heading for a new career move? See why fans demand Robert Irwin to fill his spot!

Who would you be if you weren't who you are now?

This catchy question has been circulating on social media, prompting many to share amusing and clever insights into their potential alternate lives.

Sam Mac revealed his answer to this ‘popular’ question, sharing what he'd be if he wasn't the renowned Sunrise weatherman.

On Wednesday, the 41-year-old TV host invited his social media followers to a Q&A session. Among the many questions, one fan asked, ‘If you weren't a weatherman, what would you be?’

Without hesitation, Sam replied, ‘Professional dancer. Obviously.’ He paired his answer with a video clip of himself dancing a Latin number to Shakira's ‘Hips Don't Lie’ from his 2022 appearance on Dancing with the Stars.

This amusing reply segued to a segment from The Morning Show where Sam commented, ‘My parents are Irish, but I'm getting a hereditary test done. I'm certain I'm Latino.’

This comedic response from Sam follows a recent incident in which schoolchildren humorously campaigned for Robert Irwin to take over his Sunrise role.

Capturing the moment, Sam shared a photo with kids holding signs stating, ‘We love Sam Mac... but Robert Irwin for weatherman!’

Embracing the humour, Sam captioned the photo, ‘Not again! This is getting ridiculous.’

image1.png
Sam Mac's hilarious answer to the fan's question comes just days after the weatherman was trolled by schoolchildren who demanded that Robert Irwin replace him on Sunrise. Image source: Social media – @MrSamMac.

This light-hearted rivalry between Sam and 19-year-old Robert kicked off in July of the previous year. Robert had stepped in for Sam during his personal leave, which sparked a playful banter between the two.

Given Robert's vast popularity, many of his fans hope to see him on TV more frequently. And their wish might soon be granted.

Rumour has it that Robert is in line to succeed Dr Chris Brown as the co-host of ‘I'm A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!’

As reported by TV Blackbox, insider sources hint at Robert joining Julia Morris for the Network 10 reality show.

Addressing these rumours, a Network 10 representative told the Daily Mail Australia, ‘The guessing game of who is in the jungle is already afoot with speculation galore as to who will fill those very big shoes for Australia's most sought-after hosting gig.’

They continued, ‘But you know how this goes, just like the celebrities in the camp, we can neither confirm nor deny any rumours surrounding a new jungle host.’

‘For now, we'll just have to keep you hanging until our intimate Upfront event reveals all.’

Sam Mac’s Background

image2.jpg
‘Accidental Weatherman’ is a book based on the life story of Sam Mac. Image source: Hachette Australia.

Born in Adelaide, Sam Mac began as a notably clumsy Black Thunder driver for SAFM. This led him on-air, transitioning from radio shows to TV stints.

His self-created university show, ‘Sam Mac's Single Bed,’ opened doors to Channel Ten's The Project.

While juggling various roles, including a comedic soccer show on Fox Sports, his defining moment was in 2016 when he became the Sunrise weatherman.

His blend of humour and heart won audiences nationwide, making him a unique and unpredictable figure in Australian media.

Key Takeaways
  • Sunrise weatherman Sam Mac has entertained his Instagram followers by saying he might have been a Latino, in response to a fan's question about what he would be if he wasn't a weatherman.
  • Sam Mac responded humorously to schoolchildren's signs that championed Robert Irwin to replace him on the breakfast show.
  • The friendly rivalry between Sam and Robert began in July last year when Robert filled in for Sam while he was on personal leave.
  • A Network 10 spokesperson did not confirm or deny speculation about who will take over a sought-after hosting gig, saying it remains a guessing game.

Members, did you catch Sam Mac's dance moves? Would you prefer to see him as a host or lighting up the dance floor? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!

Sponsored

This catchy question has been circulating on social media, prompting many to share amusing and clever insights into their potential alternate lives.

Sam Mac revealed his answer to this ‘popular’ question, sharing what he'd be if he wasn't the renowned Sunrise weatherman.

On Wednesday, the 41-year-old TV host invited his social media followers to a Q&A session. Among the many questions, one fan asked, ‘If you weren't a weatherman, what would you be?’

Without hesitation, Sam replied, ‘Professional dancer. Obviously.’ He paired his answer with a video clip of himself dancing a Latin number to Shakira's ‘Hips Don't Lie’ from his 2022 appearance on Dancing with the Stars.

This amusing reply segued to a segment from The Morning Show where Sam commented, ‘My parents are Irish, but I'm getting a hereditary test done. I'm certain I'm Latino.’

This comedic response from Sam follows a recent incident in which schoolchildren humorously campaigned for Robert Irwin to take over his Sunrise role.

Capturing the moment, Sam shared a photo with kids holding signs stating, ‘We love Sam Mac... but Robert Irwin for weatherman!’

Embracing the humour, Sam captioned the photo, ‘Not again! This is getting ridiculous.’

View attachment 30564
Sam Mac's hilarious answer to the fan's question comes just days after the weatherman was trolled by schoolchildren who demanded that Robert Irwin replace him on Sunrise. Image source: Social media – @MrSamMac.

This light-hearted rivalry between Sam and 19-year-old Robert kicked off in July of the previous year. Robert had stepped in for Sam during his personal leave, which sparked a playful banter between the two.

Given Robert's vast popularity, many of his fans hope to see him on TV more frequently. And their wish might soon be granted.

Rumour has it that Robert is in line to succeed Dr Chris Brown as the co-host of ‘I'm A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!’

As reported by TV Blackbox, insider sources hint at Robert joining Julia Morris for the Network 10 reality show.

Addressing these rumours, a Network 10 representative told the Daily Mail Australia, ‘The guessing game of who is in the jungle is already afoot with speculation galore as to who will fill those very big shoes for Australia's most sought-after hosting gig.’

They continued, ‘But you know how this goes, just like the celebrities in the camp, we can neither confirm nor deny any rumours surrounding a new jungle host.’

‘For now, we'll just have to keep you hanging until our intimate Upfront event reveals all.’

Sam Mac’s Background

View attachment 30565
‘Accidental Weatherman’ is a book based on the life story of Sam Mac. Image source: Hachette Australia.

Born in Adelaide, Sam Mac began as a notably clumsy Black Thunder driver for SAFM. This led him on-air, transitioning from radio shows to TV stints.

His self-created university show, ‘Sam Mac's Single Bed,’ opened doors to Channel Ten's The Project.

While juggling various roles, including a comedic soccer show on Fox Sports, his defining moment was in 2016 when he became the Sunrise weatherman.

His blend of humour and heart won audiences nationwide, making him a unique and unpredictable figure in Australian media.

Key Takeaways

• Sunrise weatherman Sam Mac has entertained his Instagram followers by saying he might have been a Latino, in response to a fan's question about what he would be if he wasn't a weatherman.
  • Sam Mac responded humorously to schoolchildren's signs that championed Robert Irwin to replace him on the breakfast show.
  • The friendly rivalry between Sam and Robert began in July last year when Robert filled in for Sam while he was on personal leave.
  • A Network 10 spokesperson did not confirm or deny speculation about who will take over a sought-after hosting gig, saying it remains a guessing game.

Members, did you catch Sam Mac's dance moves? Would you prefer to see him as a host or lighting up the dance floor? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!

Sam's book 'Accidental Weatherman' is a really good story and it reveals so much more about Sam, it is available in library's too. As for Robert Irwin he has a finger in various pies that include rumours of moving to Perth as his girl friend lives here.

Rumors and gossip, Robert Irwin - I don't think so, he's got more pies than he has fingers.
Go Sam, a real human. Whilst we chat about who should go, lets get rid of Karl Stefanovic - there's a show I will never watch again.

Reactions: whome and Tervueren

View attachment 30564

Sam Mac’s Background

View attachment 30565

Key Takeaways

if an Irwin takes over 7 will be switched off.

View attachment 30564

Sam Mac’s Background

View attachment 30565

Key Takeaways

Here we go again.....the channels....headhunters at it again...
Sam Mac just getting used to his position .....and talking about Robert Irwin......for heavens sake....he has just got out of school...
Sam is fresh...and still feeling his way......let him be funny ..let him be serious.......let him be SAM MAC.....GIVE HIM A FAIR GO❗❗

Here we go again.....the channels....headhunters at it again...
Sam Mac just getting used to his position .....and talking about Robert Irwin......for heavens sake....he has just got out of school...
Sam is fresh...and still feeling his way......let him be funny ..let him be serious.......let him be SAM MAC.....GIVE HIM A FAIR GO❗❗
Robert should stick to smiling at crocodiles.and he’ll never be a Sam Mac or Chris brown in my opinion. But that’s just me I don’t like the Irwin’s anyway.👎

Last edited: