Coles unveils MasterChef-approved cookware so you can take your home cooking up a notch! But are they worth the hype?

As money continues to be tight with the rising cost of living, more and more Aussies are opting to cook at home rather than splurging on dining out.

A survey that was conducted in February revealed that two out of three Aussies enjoy home-cooked meals rather than eating out - even on special occasions. Likewise, a survey back in October showed that 70 per cent of Aussies are spending less on restaurants and eateries.

In response to the increasingly popular trend of cooking at home, Coles has just released their brand new MasterChef cookware range - just in time for many Aussies to take their kitchen skills up a notch!

The range will be officially available from March 22. Be sure to scan your Flybuys card whenever you spend $20 or more in one transaction, so you can get the points you need for the cookware.

Screen Shot 2023-03-07 at 11.51.26 AM.png
Coles rolled out their much-anticipated MasterChef cookware range. Credit: Facebook.

How does it work?

If you shop at Coles supermarkets or Coles Online and spend $20 or more in one transaction, you can earn credit by scanning your Flybuys card. Once you have earned enough credits, you can get a free item from the MasterChef range.

To speed up the process of building your MasterChef collection, you can earn bonus credits by signing up for Flybuys or by purchasing from over 1100 participating products during your $20 or more shop. This means that you can earn multiple bonus credits in one transaction.

Coles executive general manager (non-food division) Jonathan Torr said they want to bring even more value to their customers.

'We understand that many Australians are doing it tough, and paying for pricey kitchenware isn't always a priority,' he said.

'That's why we're rewarding our customers with quality cookware to augment their cooking adventures and ensure that each meal is made with love.'

Coles' own ambassador and former MasterChef contestant Courtney Roulston praised the new selection of pans, saying that it was 'top notch'. Picking out her favourite, the sauté pan, she said it was the 'perfect tool for any kind of dish – from the lightest eggs to the richest sauces and hearty, flavourful stews or pasta'.

Credit: Coles.

Is the cookware as good as they say?

You may have seen Coles' MasterChef Cooking Range on the shelves and wondered if they're worth the investment. After all, MasterChef is a big deal, so the cookware should be too, right?

We did some digging and checked out what the people have to say on ProductReview. Unfortunately, the range only managed to score a measly 1.4 out of 5 stars. Yikes.

But it didn't stop there. We dove deeper and found some alarming reviews from users who have struggled with the products.

One user posted, 'The small frypan gets so hot everything burns. Even with the stove on the lowest heat possible. And don't get me started on the hot handle!' Ouch, that doesn't sound like a pleasant experience.

Another user had a serious safety concern, saying, 'Bought two pans, and both have had the same fault. Moisture gets under the rivet securing the handle and explodes when heated. Sounds like a gun, metal rivet cover shoots off at high speed.' Yikes, that's a recipe for disaster.

And there's more. Another user shared their scary experience, 'I purchased the large frying pan with a lid and after regular use, I noticed the handle would heat up very quickly. I tried to be mindful of this defect but it ended up with me getting quite seriously burned and needing to go to the emergency room. Really not impressed with the quality control here.'

Are you going to give this new range a go, members? We know how passionate many of you are when it comes to cooking, so we hope this can take your home-cooked meals, as well as many of your master creations, to the next level.

But these reviews definitely make us hesitant to give the MasterChef Range a try. Safety and quality should always come first when it comes to cookware, and it looks like these products might be missing the mark.

Happy shopping, folks - and we hope you keep these reviews in mind.

Sponsored
As money continues to be tight with the rising cost of living, more and more Aussies are opting to cook at home rather than splurging on dining out.

A survey that was conducted in February revealed that two out of three Aussies enjoy home-cooked meals rather than eating out - even on special occasions. Likewise, a survey back in October showed that 70 per cent of Aussies are spending less on restaurants and eateries.

In response to the increasingly popular trend of cooking at home, Coles has just released their brand new MasterChef cookware range - just in time for many Aussies to take their kitchen skills up a notch!

The range will be officially available from March 22. Be sure to scan your Flybuys card whenever you spend $20 or more in one transaction, so you can get the points you need for the cookware.

View attachment 15107
Coles rolled out their much-anticipated MasterChef cookware range. Credit: Facebook.

How does it work?

If you shop at Coles supermarkets or Coles Online and spend $20 or more in one transaction, you can earn credit by scanning your Flybuys card. Once you have earned enough credits, you can get a free item from the MasterChef range.

To speed up the process of building your MasterChef collection, you can earn bonus credits by signing up for Flybuys or by purchasing from over 1100 participating products during your $20 or more shop. This means that you can earn multiple bonus credits in one transaction.

Coles executive general manager (non-food division) Jonathan Torr said they want to bring even more value to their customers.

'We understand that many Australians are doing it tough, and paying for pricey kitchenware isn't always a priority,' he said.

'That's why we're rewarding our customers with quality cookware to augment their cooking adventures and ensure that each meal is made with love.'

Coles' own ambassador and former MasterChef contestant Courtney Roulston praised the new selection of pans, saying that it was 'top notch'. Picking out her favourite, the sauté pan, she said it was the 'perfect tool for any kind of dish – from the lightest eggs to the richest sauces and hearty, flavourful stews or pasta'.

You may have seen Coles' MasterChef Cooking Range on the shelves and wondered if they're worth the investment. After all, MasterChef is a big deal, so the cookware should be too, right?

We did some digging and checked out what the people have to say on ProductReview. Unfortunately, the range only managed to score a measly 1.4 out of 5 stars. Yikes.

But it didn't stop there. We dove deeper and found some alarming reviews from users who have struggled with the products.

One user posted, 'The small frypan gets so hot everything burns. Even with the stove on the lowest heat possible. And don't get me started on the hot handle!' Ouch, that doesn't sound like a pleasant experience.

Another user had a serious safety concern, saying, 'Bought two pans, and both have had the same fault. Moisture gets under the rivet securing the handle and explodes when heated. Sounds like a gun, metal rivet cover shoots off at high speed.' Yikes, that's a recipe for disaster.

And there's more. Another user shared their scary experience, 'I purchased the large frying pan with a lid and after regular use, I noticed the handle would heat up very quickly. I tried to be mindful of this defect but it ended up with me getting quite seriously burned and needing to go to the emergency room. Really not impressed with the quality control here.'

Are you going to give this new range a go, members? We know how passionate many of you are when it comes to cooking, so we hope this can take your home-cooked meals, as well as many of your master creations, to the next level.

But these reviews definitely make us hesitant to give the MasterChef Range a try. Safety and quality should always come first when it comes to cookware, and it looks like these products might be missing the mark.

I have 2 of these fry pans from the last promotion, have had no trouble with them but the handles get extremely hot you have to be very careful.

View attachment 15107

How does it work?

OMG .... I've been waiting for this .... FOREVER .... Last time I got the "Little Saucepan" AND it's the ONLY one I use now to make our Meals AND ............. NOW .... I can finally get the BIG ONE with the GLASS LID.
Nothing STICKS - I mean NOTHING STICKS ......... perfectly EASY to wash up
I'm SO IN LOVE with the fact - I accidently burnt something ... and it WASHED OFF EASY-PEASY
Perfect for Old Grannies like me who hate washing up
I have a dishwasher - it's not my scene .... Dishwashers ruin your stuff over time
I... 💞 💞 💞 💞 My MASTERCHEF "little saucepan" ... can hardly wait to get my BIG ONE ;);););)

I have to agree on the fry pan, the handle gets extremely hot but it is still an excellent pan that I use regularly. I also got the steamer which is awesome! I’m looking forward to adding to my collection

Reactions: Zoya and Granny*Deb