Vella Gonzaga

Vella Gonzaga

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 23, 2021
Coles cafeteria

compressed-459090331_1060865058734877_1678517984398889511_n.jpeg
Credits: Australia Remember When / Facebook

Who remembers going to the Coles cafeteria? It was a go-to spot for a quick and cheap meal back in the day. It’s a shame there aren’t more cafeterias like that around nowadays. What’s your fondest memory of Coles Cafeteria? Share it with us in the comments below.

Last edited:
I loved the Coles cafeteria for their chicken sandwiches, back then we had to fight off cigarette smoke from the other diners lol

Also when I was a teen at high school it was a short walk to the local shopping center with a Myers store, they had a great cafeteria and every Friday afternoon my parents would be there after work so I would walk down to meet them and get a feed..
Interestingly Myers brought out Grace Bros in 1983, which brings back memories of the great tv series Are You Being Served, I loved that show, still do when it's on Foxtel, which I think it is now sometimes!

Always went to the Cole’s or Myer cafeteria for lunch when we went into the city. We had to make sure we had lunch around 11.30 am, otherwise there was always a long wait for a table. Those were the “good old days!”

I loved the Coles cafeteria for their chicken sandwiches, back then we had to fight off cigarette smoke from the other diners lol

Also when I was a teen at high school it was a short walk to the local shopping center with a Myers store, they had a great cafeteria and every Friday afternoon my parents would be there after work so I would walk down to meet them and get a feed..
Interestingly Myers brought out Grace Bros in 1983, which brings back memories of the great tv series Are You Being Served, I loved that show, still do when it's on Foxtel, which I think it is now sometimes!
I still watch Are You Being Served whenever I can. It is a riot with no weak character.

Yes, I still remember the Coles cafeteria. I used to go there with my mother and grandmother during school holidays. Shopping was downstairs, then up the stairs to the cafeteria which was always busy but a real treat.
My favourites were the raisin toast, jelly, and lime spider drink. Yum

Reactions: deni67 and Iggydi
My mum would come down to Adelaide a few times throughout the school term while I was away at school.
We would always have lunch at Coles Cafeteria…. Would always have fish (no chips, even to this day I detest chips, or potatoes of any kind), trifle and a cup of tea out of a cup, not a mug….felt so very grown up

• Love
Reactions: deni67 and Iggydi