Coles and Arnott's Pizza Shapes-flavoured hot cross buns rumour swirls ahead of Easter!

The Australian culinary scene is no stranger to unique and innovative food combinations. But the latest rumours swirling around the supermarket aisles have left food enthusiasts and casual shoppers alike scratching their heads.

Coles, one of Australia's leading supermarket chains, is rumoured to be partnering with Arnott's, the beloved biscuit brand, to release a hot cross bun with the distinctive flavour of Pizza Shapes.

Yes, you read that right—Pizza Shapes-flavoured hot cross buns could be hitting the shelves this Easter!

The news was first leaked by a food enthusiast known as Nectorious Papi, who shared the intriguing tidbit with his followers.

'Anything is going to beat the special burger sauce ones. I love Pizza Shapes so this could be good,' he said.

Screenshot 2024-01-17 101451.png
A new Pizza Shapes-flavoured hot cross bun is rumoured to be coming soon from Coles and Arnotts. Image: TikTok/@nectoriouspapi

The announcement has sparked a flurry of reactions online, with fans divided over whether this unique new variety will be a hit or a miss.

Some are excited about the prospect of a savoury twist on the traditional Easter treat, while others are sceptical about the unusual flavour combination.

Coles released Special Burger Sauce hot cross buns last Easter, which did not receive good customer reviews.

'I'm shocked they did not pick Barbecue Shapes but I'm not mad at Pizza Shapes,' Papi said.

The foodie also hinted that Coles might be planning to release one sweet and one savoury hot cross bun flavour in collaboration with Arnott's.

He expressed his hope to see a TimTam flavour in the mix.

While some viewers are excited about the prospect of Pizza Shapes buns, others are less enthusiastic. 'I'm not sure how to feel about this,' one user said, while another commented, 'Nah, they have gone too far'.

However, there were also those who couldn't contain their excitement, with comments like ‘YUMMY' and 'TAKE MY MONEY'.

A Coles spokesperson confirmed the supermarket's collaboration with Arnott's but didn’t offer any specifics.

'We love to hear the excitement Aussies have when two iconic brands come together, and we have some rippers in the works for you!' they said.

'The rumours are true, we have teamed up with the bikkie masters at Arnott's to develop some exciting creations, but you'll have to wait a little longer to try these fair dinkum Aussie classics.'

The spokesperson added, 'We can't wait to share more details with our customers soon, including when they'll be available in store.'

Whether this new flavour will be a hit or a miss remains to be seen, but one thing is for sure—it's got everyone talking!

It’s also not the first time Coles has launched a divisive hot cross bun flavour. Remember 2023’s Special Burger Sauce Hot Cross Buns?

Meanwhile, you can watch Papi’s full video below:

Source: TikTok/@nectoriouspapi​

Key Takeaways
  • Coles is rumoured to be releasing a new variety of hot cross buns flavoured like Arnott's Pizza Shapes ahead of Easter.
  • The unusual flavour has divided social media users, with some enthusiastic and others sceptical about the concept.
  • Food enthusiast Nectorious Papi announced the news, speculating other potential flavours, including a sweet TimTam variety.
  • A Coles spokesperson confirmed collaborating with Arnott's on 'exciting creations' but didn't divulge specific product details.
  • Coles also caused a stir in 2023 when it launched its Special Burger Sauce Hot Cross Buns.

What's your take on this? Are you excited to try a Pizza Shapes-flavoured hot cross bun, or do you prefer the traditional version? Let us know in the comments below.

Sponsored
The Australian culinary scene is no stranger to unique and innovative food combinations. But the latest rumours swirling around the supermarket aisles have left food enthusiasts and casual shoppers alike scratching their heads.

Coles, one of Australia's leading supermarket chains, is rumoured to be partnering with Arnott's, the beloved biscuit brand, to release a hot cross bun with the distinctive flavour of Pizza Shapes.

Yes, you read that right—Pizza Shapes-flavoured hot cross buns could be hitting the shelves this Easter!

The news was first leaked by a food enthusiast known as Nectorious Papi, who shared the intriguing tidbit with his followers.

'Anything is going to beat the special burger sauce ones. I love Pizza Shapes so this could be good,' he said.

View attachment 39384
A new Pizza Shapes-flavoured hot cross bun is rumoured to be coming soon from Coles and Arnotts. Image: TikTok/@nectoriouspapi

The announcement has sparked a flurry of reactions online, with fans divided over whether this unique new variety will be a hit or a miss.

Some are excited about the prospect of a savoury twist on the traditional Easter treat, while others are sceptical about the unusual flavour combination.

Coles released Special Burger Sauce hot cross buns last Easter, which did not receive good customer reviews.

'I'm shocked they did not pick Barbecue Shapes but I'm not mad at Pizza Shapes,' Papi said.

The foodie also hinted that Coles might be planning to release one sweet and one savoury hot cross bun flavour in collaboration with Arnott's.

He expressed his hope to see a TimTam flavour in the mix.

While some viewers are excited about the prospect of Pizza Shapes buns, others are less enthusiastic. 'I'm not sure how to feel about this,' one user said, while another commented, 'Nah, they have gone too far'.

However, there were also those who couldn't contain their excitement, with comments like ‘YUMMY' and 'TAKE MY MONEY'.

A Coles spokesperson confirmed the supermarket's collaboration with Arnott's but didn’t offer any specifics.

'We love to hear the excitement Aussies have when two iconic brands come together, and we have some rippers in the works for you!' they said.

'The rumours are true, we have teamed up with the bikkie masters at Arnott's to develop some exciting creations, but you'll have to wait a little longer to try these fair dinkum Aussie classics.'

The spokesperson added, 'We can't wait to share more details with our customers soon, including when they'll be available in store.'

Whether this new flavour will be a hit or a miss remains to be seen, but one thing is for sure—it's got everyone talking!

It’s also not the first time Coles has launched a divisive hot cross bun flavour. Remember 2023’s Special Burger Sauce Hot Cross Buns?

Meanwhile, you can watch Papi’s full video below:

Source: TikTok/@nectoriouspapi​

Key Takeaways

• Coles is rumoured to be releasing a new variety of hot cross buns flavoured like Arnott's Pizza Shapes ahead of Easter.
  • The unusual flavour has divided social media users, with some enthusiastic and others sceptical about the concept.
  • Food enthusiast Nectorious Papi announced the news, speculating other potential flavours, including a sweet TimTam variety.
  • A Coles spokesperson confirmed collaborating with Arnott's on 'exciting creations' but didn't divulge specific product details.
  • Coles also caused a stir in 2023 when it launched its Special Burger Sauce Hot Cross Buns.

What's your take on this? Are you excited to try a Pizza Shapes-flavoured hot cross bun, or do you prefer the traditional version? Let us know in the comments below.

I’ll try anything once but nah 🤢

Can we just leave Easter buns alone, for goodness' sake is nothing safe. We used to get told when I was working, look for ways to improve, when all anyone wanted was what they were used to having.

Reactions: magpie1
Naaaaah.
Don't eat the cracker either.
I stopped eating them years ago no flavour and too salty. I wonder if the buns are as salty as the crackers. 🤔I’ll stick to original fruity ones.😊I love woollies buns. Please no one tell me to make my own there easy comments.🤣because I don’t want to make my own.😋

Reactions: MariaG