JeweloftheSea

Jul 11, 2022
Gilston
Climate Smart Energy Savers Rebate for new 4 star home appliances

Your MyGovID (digital identity number) and the Climate Smart Energy Savers rebate application form that has to accompany all the documents to receive the rebate.
I am a pensioner and decided I needed a new washing machine. However, on the application form I found I had to have a digital identity called MyGovID.
NO, it is not your MYGOV number, it is a separate number which the government is trying to bring in exactly like China has where every Chinese citizen has a digital identity number. The Federal Government tried to bring this in years ago with the Australia Card but it was rejected.

Now they are trying to make us take the bait of a rebate on a new energy saving appliance but only if you fill in your digital identity number - MygovID. Please be warned not to go ahead and think first before applying for this rebate. What would happen if MyGovID was hacked by the Dark Web?
Here are some entities that have recently been hacked:

Australian federal police officers’ details leaked on dark web after law firm hack​

The Cancer Council, Canteen and Fred Hollows Foundation have confirmed donor information has been published on the dark web after a telemarketer was hacked.
Dymocks Book Stores, Latitude etc. etc.

I have a MYGOV number, a Medicare Number, an Aged Pension Number etc. and I definitely don't need a digital identity number.
Jewel of the Sea